Jan 28 2023
Saturday

Wembley Arena, Wembley, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Light Heavyweight
18-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2023-01-28T22:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - TBC

23-2-0

Contest odds

Beterbiev 7/50 (-710)
Draw -
Yarde 4/1 (+400)

Chance of winning

81.43% 18.57%
Bovada logo

Bet on Beterbiev vs Yarde
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

37
Age
31
6' 0" / 182 cm
Height
6' 0" / 183 cm
72.8" / 185 cm
Reach
72" / 183 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 2KO 9TKO 10TKO 10KO 5
Form
KO 3KO 4KO 1SD 12TKO 6
18
Wins
23
18
By KO
22
100
KO%
96
0
Losses
2
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2015
83
Pro rounds
90

Current rankings @ Light Heavyweight

2
The Ring
8
-
WBA
9
-
WBC
3
-
WBO
1
-
IBF
3

Beterbiev vs Yarde betting preview

Bookmakers made Artur Beterbiev a big favourite against Anthony Yarde when they face off in their fight on Saturday 28th January 2023 at Wembley Arena, Wembley, United Kingdom.

He is currently 7/50 (-710) to win the fight outright, while you can get 4/1 (+400) on Anthony Yarde if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 82% chance of Beterbiev winning while giving Yarde a 18% chance.

Beterbiev opened as the favourite at 1/9 (-910) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).

Yarde opened at 5/1 (+500) which has got wider by 0/1 (-INF).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Light Heavyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 175 pounds (12.25 stones or 79.55 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the unified light heavyweight championship of the world, with the IBF, WBC & WBO belts on the line.

Beterbiev vs Yarde Head To Head

Artur Beterbiev steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 18 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 18 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Anthony Yarde will make his way to the ring with a record of 23 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 22 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Beterbiev has a slight advantage in power over Yarde, with a 100% knock out percentage over Yarde's 96%.

Artur Beterbiev is the older man by 6 years, at 37 years old.

Beterbiev has 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Artur Beterbiev & Anthony Yarde fight out of an orthodox stance.

Beterbiev is arguably the less experienced fighter, having had 7 less fights, and made his debut in 2013, 1 year and 11 months earlier than Yarde, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 7 less professional rounds, 83 to Yarde's 90.

Artur Beterbiev goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the RING at light heavyweight.

Anthony Yarde is currently ranked number 9 by the WBA, 3 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 8 by the RING in the 175lb division.

Beterbiev vs Yarde betting form

Beterbiev remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 5 of his recent opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Joe Smith Jr on 18th June 2022 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their WBC World Light heavyweight, IBF World Light heavyweight and WBO World Light heavyweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States. He was a 13/100 (-770) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Marcus Browne on 17th December 2021 by knockout in the 9th round in their WBC World Light heavyweight and IBF World Light heavyweight championship fight at Bell Centre, Quebec, Canada. He was a 2/25 (-1200) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beat Adam Deines on 20th March 2021 by technical knockout in the 10th round in their WBC World Light heavyweight and IBF World Light heavyweight championship fight at Khodynka Ice Palace, Moscow, Russia. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Oleksandr Gvozdyk on 18th October 2019 by technical knockout in the 10th round in their WBC World Light heavyweight and IBF World Light heavyweight championship fight at Liacouras Center, Philadelphia, United States. He was a 1/1 (+100) underdog going into the fight.

He had beat Radivoje Kalajdzic on 4th May 2019 by knockout in the 5th round in their IBF World Light heavyweight championship fight at Stockton Arena, California. He was a 13/100 (-770) favourite going into the fight.

Anthony Yarde has stopped 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Stefani Koykov on 19th November 2022 by knockout in the 3rd round at Telford International Centre, Telford, United Kingdom. He was a 1/80 (-10000) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Lyndon Arthur on 4th December 2021 by knockout in the 4th round at Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London.

Going into that contest, he had won against Alex Theran on 28th August 2021 by knockout in the 1st round at Arena Birmingham, West Midlands.

Before that, he had been beaten by Lyndon Arthur on 5th December 2020 by split decision in their CBC Commonwealth Light Heavyweight championship fight at Church House, London. He was a 7/50 (-710) favourite going into the ring.

He had defeated Dec Spelman on 12th September 2020 by technical knockout in the 6th round at BT Sport Studio, London. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favourite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Anthony Yarde has been fighting more than Artur Beterbiev.

Artur Beterbiev last fought 5 months and 18 days ago, while Anthony Yarde's last outing was 17 days ago.

Beterbiev's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 7 months and 2 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 19 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 36 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.2 rounds on average.

Yarde's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 2 months and 24 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 12 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 26 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Beterbiev vs Yarde Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM GMT at Wembley Arena, Wembley, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Beterbiev vs Yarde for In-Play Betting?

Beterbiev vs Yarde will be broadcast on BT Sport 1 in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by ESPN+.

Beterbiev vs Yarde Odds History

Beterbiev vs Yarde sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Beterbiev vs Yarde
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Beterbiev vs Yarde Betting Markets

Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up