Dec 04 2021
Saturday

MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Lightweight
26-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2021-12-05T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 7:00pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am

32-1-1

Contest odds

Haney 2/9 (-454)
Draw -
Diaz 18/5 (+359)

Chance of winning

79.04% 20.96%
Bovada logo

Bet on Haney vs Diaz
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

23
Age
29
5' 9" / 175 cm
Height
5' 6" / 168 cm
70.9" / 180 cm
Reach
64.2" / 163 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

UD 12UD 12UD 12TKO 4KO 7
Form
UD 12MD 12UD 12MD 12TKO 7
26
Wins
32
15
By KO
15
58
KO%
47
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
1
2015
Debut
2012
150
Pro rounds
251

Current rankings @ Lightweight

3
The Ring
5
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Haney vs Diaz betting preview

Bookmakers make Devin Haney a big favourite against Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz when they square off in their contest on Saturday 4th December 2021 at MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 2/9 (-454) to win the contest outright, while you can get 18/5 (+359) on Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 80% chance of Haney winning while giving Diaz a 20% chance.

Haney opened as the favourite at 1/5 (-500).

Diaz opened at 7/2 (+350) which has shorten by 11/-10 (+90).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Haney vs Diaz Head To Head

Devin Haney steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 26 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 15 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz will make his way to the ring with a record of 32 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw, with 15 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Haney has advantage in power over Diaz, with a 58% knock out percentage over Diaz's 47%.

Devin Haney is the younger man by 6 years, at 23 years old.

Haney has a height advantage of 3 inches over Diaz. This also extends to a 7-inch reach advantage.

Devin Haney fights out of the orthodox stance, while Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz is a southpaw.

Haney is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 8 less fights, and made his debut in 2015, 2 year and 11 months later than Diaz, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 101 less professional rounds, 150 to Diaz's 251.

Devin Haney goes into the fight ranked number 3 by the RING at lightweight.

Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz is currently ranked number 5 by the RING in the 135lb division.

Haney vs Diaz betting form

Haney remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Jorge Linares on 29th May 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at Michelob ULTRA Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 1/10 (-999) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Yuriorkis Gamboa on 7th November 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Florida. He was a 1/10 (-999) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Alfredo Santiago Alvarez on 9th November 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at Staples Center, LA. He was a 1/50 (-4999) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against Zaur Abdullaev on 13th September 2019 by technical knockout in the 4th round in their WBC Interim World Lightweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 1/25 (-2499) favourite going into the ring.

He had beat Antonio Moran on 25th May 2019 by knockout in the 7th round at MGM National Harbor, Maryland.

Diaz has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he defeated Javier Fortuna on 9th July 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC Interim World Lightweight championship fight at Banc of California Stadium, California, United States.

Previous to that, he had drawn with Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov on 13th February 2021 by majority draw in their 12 round contest in their IBF World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Fantasy Springs Casino, California. He was a 13/25 (-192) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Tevin Farmer on 30th January 2020 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Meridian at Island Gardens, Florida. He was a 81/50 (+162) underdog going into the contest.

Before that, he had won against Jesus Cuadro on 21st September 2019 by majority decision in their 12 round contest at Auditorio del Estado, Baja California, Mexico. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Freddy Fonseca on 4th May 2019 by technical knockout in the 7th round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Devin Haney has been fighting more than Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz.

Devin Haney last fought 6 months and 1 day ago, while Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz's last outing was 4 months and 21 days ago.

Haney's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 5 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 3 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 47 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.4 rounds on average.

Diaz's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 7 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 55 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Haney vs Diaz Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 3:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Haney vs Diaz for In-Play Betting?

The DAZN show is expected to begin at 7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM PST. The DAZN Global broadcast of the card is expected to start at 1:00 AM (GTM).

Haney vs Diaz Odds History

Haney vs Diaz sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Haney vs Diaz
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Haney vs Diaz Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up