Dec 13 2022
Tuesday

Ariake Arena, Koto-Ku, Tokyo, Japan

12 rounds contest
@ Bantamweight
23-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-12-13T11:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - N/A

34-2-0

Contest odds

Inoue 1/40 (-3300)
Draw 25/1 (+2500)
Butler 12/1 (+1200)

Chance of winning

92.66% 7.34%
Bovada logo

Bet on Inoue vs Butler
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

29
Age
34
5' 5" / 164 cm
Height
5' 6" / 168 cm
68.1" / 173 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 2TKO 8KO 3TKO 7UD 12
Form
UD 12SD 10UD 12UD 12TKO 9
23
Wins
34
20
By KO
15
87
KO%
44
0
Losses
2
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2012
Debut
2010
127
Pro rounds
254

Current rankings @ Bantamweight

-
The Ring
6
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Inoue vs Butler betting preview

Bookmakers made Naoya Inoue a massive favourite against Paul Butler when they meet in their bout on Tuesday 13th December 2022 at Ariake Arena, Koto-Ku, Tokyo, Japan.

He is currently 1/40 (-3300) to win the bout outright, while you can get 12/1 (+1200) on Paul Butler if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 93% chance of Inoue winning while giving Butler a 7% chance.

Inoue opened as the favourite at 1/40 (-5000).

Butler opened at 14/1 (+1400) which has got wider by 1/1 (+100).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 118 pounds (8.26 stones or 53.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the undisputed bantamweight championship of the world, with the The Ring, WBO, IBF & WBC belts on the line.

Inoue vs Butler Head To Head

Naoya Inoue steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 23 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 20 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Paul Butler will make his way to the ring with a record of 34 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 15 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Inoue has a massive power advantage over Butler, boosting at 87% knock out percentage over Butler's 44%.

Inoue is currently 3/50 (-1700) to get the knockout, while Butler is 20/1 (+2000).

Naoya Inoue is the younger man by 5 years, at 29 years old.

Butler has a height advantage of 1 inch over Inoue.

Both Naoya Inoue & Paul Butler fight out of an orthodox stance.

Inoue is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 13 less fights, and made his debut in 2012, 1 year and 9 months later than Butler, whose first professional fight was in 2010. He has fought 127 less professional rounds, 127 to Butler's 254.

If you think Butler will win on points, you can get odds of 33/1 (+3300), while Inoue is 9/1 (+900) to win on the scorecards.

Paul Butler is currently ranked number 6 by the RING in the 118lb division.

Inoue vs Butler betting form

Inoue remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Nonito Donaire on 7th June 2022 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their WBC World Bantamweight, WBA Super World Bantamweight and IBF World Bantamweight championship fight at Super Arena, Saitama, Japan.

Previous to that, he had beat Aran Dipaen on 14th December 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBA Super World Bantamweight and IBF World Bantamweight championship fight at Kokugikan, Tokyo. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Michael Dasmarinas on 19th June 2021 by knockout in the 3rd round in their WBA Super World Bantamweight and IBF World Bantamweight championship fight at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beat Jason Moloney on 31st October 2020 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBA Super World Bantamweight, IBF World Bantamweight and The Ring Bantamweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada. He was a 2/25 (-1200) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Nonito Donaire on 7th November 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Bantamweight, IBF World Bantamweight and The Ring Bantamweight championship fight at Super Arena, Saitama, Japan. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the contest.

Butler has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he won against Jonas Sultan on 22nd April 2022 by unanimous decision in their WBO Interim World Bantamweight championship fight at Echo Arena, Merseyside, United Kingdom. He was a 68/25 (+270) underdog going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had won against Willibaldo Garcia Perez on 25th June 2021 by split decision in their 10 round contest at Bolton Whites Hotel (formerly De Vere Whites), Lancashire.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Emmanuel Rodriguez on 5th May 2018 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Bantamweight championship fight at The O2 Arena, London. He was a 13/5 (+260) underdog going into the fight.

Before that, he had defeated Stuart Hall on 30th September 2017 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Echo Arena, Liverpool. He was a 57/100 (-180) favourite going into the fight.

He had beat Sebastian Sanchez on 12th March 2016 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Echo Arena, Liverpool.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Naoya Inoue has been fighting more than Paul Butler.

Naoya Inoue last fought 5 months and 29 days ago, while Paul Butler's last outing was 7 months and 14 days ago.

Inoue's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years and 29 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 13 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 32 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.4 rounds on average.

Inoue is currently 3/50 (-1700) to finish this fight in the 6th round, or 9/1 (+900) to win on points.

Butler's last 5 fights have come over a period of 6 years, 8 months and 24 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 4 months and 7 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 55 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11 rounds on average.

Butler is currently 20/1 (+2000) to finish this fight in the 11th round, or +3300 (+3300) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Inoue vs Butler Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 AM UTC at Ariake Arena, Koto-Ku, Tokyo, Japan, which is 6:00 AM EST or 3:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 11:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Inoue vs Butler for In-Play Betting?

The fight will be broadcast in the United States by ESPN+.

Inoue vs Butler Odds History

Inoue vs Butler sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Inoue vs Butler
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Inoue vs Butler Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Inoue
Butler

Method of result

By KO TKO or DQ
By Decision or Technical Decision
Draw or Technical Draw

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Total rounds

Under 2.5
Total rounds 2.5
Over 2.5
Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up