Jan 21 2023
Saturday

Manchester Arena, Manchester, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Middleweight
32-2-0

Est. ringwalk:

2023-01-21T22:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - N/A

32-3-1

Contest odds

Eubank Jr 4/9 (-230)
Draw -
Smith 7/4 (+180)

Chance of winning

65.63% 34.37%
Bovada logo

Bet on Eubank Jr vs Smith
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
34
5' 11" / 180 cm
Height
5' 9" / 176 cm
72.4" / 184 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12TKO 5UD 10TKO 2UD 12
Form
TKO 4TKO 10TKO 8UD 12UD 10
32
Wins
32
23
By KO
19
72
KO%
59
2
Losses
3
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
1
2011
Debut
2008
213
Pro rounds
228

Current rankings @ Middleweight

6
The Ring
-
6
WBA
-
2
WBC
-
2
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Eubank Jr vs Smith betting preview

Bookmakers made Chris Eubank Jr a strong favourite against Liam Smith when they meet in their bout on Saturday 21st January 2023 at Manchester Arena, Manchester, United Kingdom.

He is currently 4/9 (-230) to win the bout outright, while you can get 7/4 (+180) on Liam Smith if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 66% chance of Eubank Jr winning while giving Smith a 34% chance.

Eubank Jr opened as the favourite at 2/5 (-250) however, that price has shortened by 26/-25 (+100).

Smith opened at 15/8 (+190) which has got wider by 87/-100 (+110).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 160 pounds (11.2 stones or 72.73 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Eubank Jr vs Smith Head To Head

Chris Eubank Jr steps into the ring with a record of 32 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 23 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Liam Smith will make his way to the ring with a record of 32 wins, 3 loses and 1 draw, with 19 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Eubank Jr has advantage in power over Smith, with a 72% knock out percentage over Smith's 59%.

Chris Eubank Jr is the younger man by 1 year, at 33 years old.

Eubank Jr has a height advantage of 2 inches over Smith.

Both Chris Eubank Jr & Liam Smith fight out of an orthodox stance.

Eubank Jr is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 2 less fights, and made his debut in 2011, 3 year and 1 month later than Smith, whose first professional fight was in 2008. He has fought 15 less professional rounds, 213 to Smith's 228.

Chris Eubank Jr goes into the fight ranked number 6 by the WBA, 2 by the WBC, 2 by the WBO and 6 by the RING at middleweight.

Eubank Jr vs Smith betting form

Eubank Jr has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 2 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he won against Liam Williams on 5th February 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Motorpoint Arena, Wales, United Kingdom. He was a 8/25 (-310) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had won against Wanik Awdijan on 16th October 2021 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Newcastle Arena, Tyne and Wear.

Going into that contest, he had beat Marcus Morrison on 1st May 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Manchester Arena, Manchester.

Before that, he had defeated Matt Korobov on 7th December 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their WBA Interim World Middleweight and WBA World Middleweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York, United States. He was a 9/25 (-280) favourite going into the ring.

He had won against James DeGale on 23rd February 2019 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom. He was a 4/5 (-130) favourite going into the ring.

Smith has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Hassan Mwakinyo on 3rd September 2022 by technical knockout in the 4th round at Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had defeated Jessie Vargas on 30th April 2022 by technical knockout in the 10th round at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States. He was a 33/100 (-300) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had beat Anthony Fowler on 9th October 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Echo Arena, Merseyside, United Kingdom.

Before that, he had been beaten by Magomed Kurbanov on 7th May 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at KRK “Uralets”, Ekaterinburg, Russia. He was a 4/5 (-130) favourite going into the contest.

He had won against Roberto Garcia on 20th December 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Talking Stick Resort Arena, Arizona, United States. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Liam Smith has been fighting more than Chris Eubank Jr.

Chris Eubank Jr last fought 9 months and 26 days ago, while Liam Smith's last outing was 2 months and 28 days ago.

Eubank Jr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 9 months and 8 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 2 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 41 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.2 rounds on average.

Smith's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 11 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 3 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 44 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Eubank Jr vs Smith Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM GMT at Manchester Arena, Manchester, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Eubank Jr vs Smith for In-Play Betting?

Eubank Jr vs Smith will be broadcast on Sky Box Office HD in the UK.

Eubank Jr vs Smith Odds History

Eubank Jr vs Smith sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Eubank Jr vs Smith
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Eubank Jr vs Smith Betting Markets

Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up