Mar 26 2022
Saturday

First Direct Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Featherweight
43-10-2

Est. ringwalk:

2022-03-26T22:15:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - TBC

30-1-1

Contest odds

Martinez 18/5 (+359)
Draw -
Warrington 2/9 (-454)

Chance of winning

20.96% 79.04%
Bovada logo

Bet on Martinez vs Warrington
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

35
Age
31
5' 5" / 165 cm
Height
5' 7" / 170 cm
66.1" / 168 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 6UD 8UD 12TKO 3TKO 5
Form
TD 1TKO 9TKO 2MD 12UD 12
43
Wins
30
30
By KO
7
70
KO%
23
10
Losses
1
4
Stopped
1
2
Draws
1
2004
Debut
2009
326
Pro rounds
242

Current rankings @ Featherweight

5
The Ring
3
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
4

Martinez vs Warrington II betting preview

Bookmakers make Josh Warrington a big favourite against Kiko Martinez when they meet in their bout on Saturday 26th March 2022 at First Direct Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom.

He is currently 2/9 (-454) to win the bout outright, while you can get 18/5 (+359) on Kiko Martinez if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 80% chance of Warrington winning while giving Martinez a 20% chance.

Warrington opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400) however, that price has now got wider by 97/-100 (+103).

Martinez opened at 14/5 (+280) which has shorten by -9/5 (+55).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 126 pounds (8.82 stones or 57.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the IBF featherweight championship of the world.

Martinez vs Warrington II Head To Head

Kiko Martinez steps into the ring with a record of 43 wins, 10 loses and 2 draws, 30 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Josh Warrington will make his way to the ring with a record of 30 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw, with 7 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Martinez has a massive power advantage over Warrington, boosting at 70% knock out percentage over Warrington's 23%.

Kiko Martinez is the older man by 4 years, at 35 years old.

Warrington has a height advantage of 2 inches over Martinez.

Both Kiko Martinez & Josh Warrington fight out of an orthodox stance.

Martinez is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 23 more fights, and made his debut in 2004, 5 years and 4 months earlier than Warrington, whose first professional fight was in 2009. He has fought 84 more professional rounds, 326 to Warrington's 242.

Kiko Martinez goes into the fight ranked number 5 by the RING at featherweight.

Josh Warrington is currently ranked number 4 by the IBF and 3 by the RING in the 126lb division.

Martinez vs Warrington II betting form

Martinez has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he beat Kid Galahad on 13th November 2021 by technical knockout in the 6th round in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at Sheffield Arena, Yorkshire, United Kingdom. He was a 11/4 (+275) underdog going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Jayro Duran on 11th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their 8 round contest at Pabellón de la Vall d'Hebron, Cataluña, Spain.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Zelfa Barrett on 13th February 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London, United Kingdom.

Before that, he had won against Noe Martinez Raygoza on 21st August 2020 by technical knockout in the 3rd round at El Malecon, Cantabria, Spain.

He had lost to Gary Russell Jr on 18th May 2019 by technical knockout in the 5th round in their WBC World Featherweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York, United States. He was a 12/1 (+1200) underdog going into the contest.

Warrington has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he drew Mauricio Lara on 4th September 2021 by technical draw in their 1 round contest at Emerald Headingley Stadium, Leeds, United Kingdom. He was a 4/5 (-125) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Mauricio Lara on 13th February 2021 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London. He was a 1/25 (-2499) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beat Sofiane Takoucht on 12th October 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at First Direct Arena, Leeds. He was a 1/50 (-4999) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had defeated Kid Galahad on 15th June 2019 by majority decision in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at First Direct Arena, Leeds. He was a 33/100 (-303) favourite going into the fight.

Hehad won against Carl Frampton on 22nd December 2018 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at Manchester Arena, Manchester. He was a 7/4 (+175) underdog going into the fight.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Kiko Martinez has been fighting more than Josh Warrington.

Kiko Martinez last fought 2 months and 16 days ago, while Josh Warrington's last outing was 4 months and 25 days ago.

Martinez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 8 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 16 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

Warrington's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 1 month and 7 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 36 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Martinez vs Warrington Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:15 PM GMT at First Direct Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom, which is 6:15 PM EST or 3:15 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Martinez vs Warrington for In-Play Betting?

Martinez vs Warrington II will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN.

Martinez vs Warrington II Odds History

Martinez vs Warrington II sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Martinez vs Warrington
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Martinez vs Warrington II Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up