Early 2025
Potentially

in the United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
VS
29-1-0
19-2-0

Contest odds

Catterall 21/20 (+100)
Draw -
Taylor 5/6 (-120)

Chance of winning

47.17% 52.83%
Bovada logo

Bet on Catterall vs Taylor
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

31
Age
33
5' 7" / 170 cm
Height
5' 10" / 178 cm
68.9" / 175 cm
Reach
69.7" / 177 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

UD 12UD 12UD 10SD 12PTS 10
Form
UD 12UD 12SD 12UD 12KO 1
29
Wins
19
13
By KO
13
45
KO%
68
1
Losses
2
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2012
Debut
2015
206
Pro rounds
139

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

4
The Ring
7
3
WBA
-
2
WBC
6
2
WBO
6
3
IBF
-

Catterall vs Taylor III betting preview

Bookmakers made Josh Taylor a slight favorite against Jack Catterall in a potential future fight between the pair, when they last released odds on July 17, 2024.

He is currently 5/6 (-120) to win the fight outright, while you can get 21/20 (+100) on Jack Catterall if you fancy the slight upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 53% chance of Taylor winning while giving Catterall a 47% chance.

Taylor opened as the favorite at 5/6 (-120).

Catterall opened at 21/20 (+100).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

Catterall vs Taylor III Head To Head

Jack Catterall would step into the ring with a record of 29 wins, 1 loss, and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Josh Taylor would make his way to the ring with a record of 19 wins, 2 losses and 0 draws, with 13 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Taylor would have a large advantage in power over Catterall, boasting a 68% knockout percentage compared to Catterall's 45%.

Jack Catterall is the younger man by 2 years, at 31 years old.

Taylor has a height advantage of 3 inches over Catterall. This also extends to a 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Jack Catterall and Josh Taylor fight out of a southpaw stance.

Catterall is currently the more experienced professional fighter, having had 9 more fights, and made his debut in 2012, 2 years and 9 months earlier than Taylor, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 67 more professional rounds, totaling 206 compared to Taylor's 139.

Jack Catterall goes into the fight ranked number 3 by the WBA, 2 by the WBC, 2 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF, and 4 by The Ring at super lightweight.

Josh Taylor is currently ranked number 6 by the WBC, 6 by the WBO, and 7 by The Ring in the 140lb division.

Catterall vs Taylor III betting form

Jack Catterall has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Josh Taylor on May 25, 2024, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at First Direct Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom. He was a 21/20 (+100) underdog going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had defeated Jorge Linares on October 21, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Echo Arena, Liverpool. He was a 1/9 (-910) favorite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Darragh Foley on May 27, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Manchester Arena, Manchester. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favorite going into the fight.

Before that, he had been beaten by Josh Taylor on February 26, 2022, by split decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at The SSE Hydro, Scotland. He was a 657/100 (+660) underdog going into the fight.

He had won against Abderrazak Houya on November 28, 2020, by points in the 10th round at Church House, London.

Taylor has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he lost to Jack Catterall on May 25, 2024, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at First Direct Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom. He was a 5/6 (-120) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had lost to Teofimo Lopez on June 10, 2023, by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Welterweight and The Ring Junior Welterweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States. He was a 4/9 (-230) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Jack Catterall on February 26, 2022, by split decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at The SSE Hydro, Scotland, United Kingdom. He was a 7/100 (-1400) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Jose Carlos Ramirez on May 22, 2021, by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 2/5 (-250) favorite going into the ring.

He had won against Apinan Kongsong on September 26, 2020, by knockout in the 1st round in their WBA Super World Super Lightweight and IBF World Junior Welterweight championship fight at BT Sport Studio, London, United Kingdom.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Jack Catterall has been fighting more than Josh Taylor.

Jack Catterall last fought 7 months and 24 days ago, while Josh Taylor's last outing was 7 months and 24 days ago.

Catterall's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 1 month and 21 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 9 months and 29 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 56 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.2 rounds on average.

Taylor's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 3 months and 23 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 10 months and 11 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 49 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.8 rounds on average.

Catterall vs Taylor III Odds History

Catterall vs Taylor III sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Catterall vs Taylor
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Catterall vs Taylor III Betting Markets

Winner

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up