September 2024
Potentially

Wembley, London, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Bantamweight
VS
27-0-0
19-0-0

Contest odds

Inoue 1/6 (-590)
Draw -
Rodriguez 19/5 (+380)

Chance of winning

80.4% 19.6%
Bovada logo

Bet on Inoue vs Rodriguez
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

31
Age
24
5' 5" / 164 cm
Height
5' 4" / 163 cm
68.1" / 173 cm
Reach
66.9" / 170 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

KO 6KO 10TKO 8KO 11TKO 2
Form
TKO 9UD 12UD 12TKO 8UD 12
27
Wins
19
24
By KO
12
89
KO%
63
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2012
Debut
2017
162
Pro rounds
103

Current rankings @ Super Bantamweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Inoue vs Rodriguez betting preview

Bookmakers made Naoya Inoue a big favorite against Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez in a potential future contest between the pair, when they last released odds on May 22, 2024.

He is currently 1/6 (-590) to win the contest outright, while you can get 19/5 (+380) on Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 81% chance of Inoue winning while giving Rodriguez a 19% chance.

Inoue opened as the favorite at 1/6 (-590).

Rodriguez opened at 19/5 (+380).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 122 pounds (8.54 stones or 55.45 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

Inoue vs Rodriguez Head To Head

Naoya Inoue would step into the ring with an undefeated record of 27 wins, zero losses, and 0 draws, 24 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez would make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 19 wins and 0 draws, with 12 of those by knockout.

The stats suggest Inoue would have a large advantage in power over Rodriguez, boasting a 89% knockout percentage compared to Rodriguez's 63%.

Naoya Inoue is the older man by 7 years, at 31 years old.

Inoue has a height advantage of 1 inch over Rodriguez. This also extends to a 1-inch reach advantage.

Naoya Inoue fights out of the orthodox stance, while Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez is a southpaw.

Inoue is currently the more experienced professional fighter, having had 8 more fights, and made his debut in 2012, 4 years and 5 months earlier than Rodriguez, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 59 more professional rounds, totaling 162 compared to Rodriguez's 103.

Inoue vs Rodriguez betting form

Inoue remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 5 of his recent opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Luis Nery on May 6, 2024, by knockout in the 6th round in their IBF World Junior Featherweight, WBA Super World Super Bantamweight, WBC World Super Bantamweight and WBO World Junior Featherweight championship fight at Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan. He was a 1/18 (-1700) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had defeated Marlon Tapales on December 26, 2023, by knockout in the 10th round in their IBF World Junior Featherweight, WBA Super World Super Bantamweight, WBC World Super Bantamweight and WBO World Junior Featherweight championship fight at Ariake Arena, Tokyo. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favorite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Stephen Fulton on July 25, 2023, by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBC World Super Bantamweight and WBO World Junior Featherweight championship fight at Ariake Arena, Koto-Ku. He was a 2/9 (-450) favorite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Paul Butler on December 13, 2022, by knockout in the 11th round in their The Ring Bantamweight, WBO World Bantamweight, IBF World Bantamweight and WBC World Bantamweight championship fight at Ariake Arena, Koto-Ku, Tokyo. He was a 1/40 (-5000) favorite going into the fight.

He had beaten Nonito Donaire on June 7, 2022, by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their WBC World Bantamweight, WBA Super World Bantamweight and IBF World Bantamweight championship fight at Super Arena, Saitama.

Rodriguez remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Sunny Edwards on December 16, 2023, by technical knockout in the 9th round in their IBF World Flyweight and WBO World Flyweight championship fight at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States. He was a 4/9 (-230) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had defeated Cristian Gonzalez on April 8, 2023, by unanimous decision in their WBO World Flyweight championship fight at Boeing Center at Tech Port, San Antonio. He was a 1/33 (-3300) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had won against Israel Gonzalez on September 17, 2022, by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Flyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Nevada.

Before that, he had defeated Srisaket Sor Rungvisai on June 25, 2022, by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBC World Super Flyweight championship fight at Tech Port Arena, Texas. He was a 1/5 (-500) favorite going into the ring.

He had beaten Carlos Cuadras on February 5, 2022, by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Flyweight championship fight at Footprint Center, Arizona. He was a 23/100 (-430) favorite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Naoya Inoue has been fighting more than Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez.

Naoya Inoue last fought 4 months and 15 days ago, while Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez's last outing was 9 months and 5 days ago.

Inoue's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 14 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 5 months and 16 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 37 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.4 rounds on average.

Rodriguez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 7 months and 16 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 10 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 53 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.6 rounds on average.

Inoue vs Rodriguez Odds History

Inoue vs Rodriguez sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Inoue vs Rodriguez
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Inoue vs Rodriguez Betting Markets

Winner

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up