Autumn/Fall 2023
Potentially

in the United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
24-3-0
15-0-0

Contest odds

Joshua 1/1 (+100)
Draw -
Joyce 4/5 (-130)

Chance of winning

47.37% 52.63%
Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Joyce
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
37
6' 6" / 198 cm
Height
6' 6" / 198 cm
81.9" / 208 cm
Reach
80.3" / 204 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

SD 12UD 12KO 9UD 12TKO 7
Form
KO 11TKO 4TKO 6KO 10TKO 3
24
Wins
15
22
By KO
14
92
KO%
93
3
Losses
0
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2017
136
Pro rounds
74

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

2
The Ring
3
4
WBA
-
5
WBC
-
5
WBO
-
4
IBF
-

Joshua vs Joyce betting preview

Bookmakers made Joe Joyce a slight favourite against Anthony Joshua in a potential future bout between the pair, when they last released odds on December 8, 2022.

He is currently 4/5 (-130) to win the bout outright, while you can get 1/1 (+100) on Anthony Joshua if you fancy the slight upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 53% chance of Joyce winning while giving Joshua a 47% chance.

Joyce opened as the favourite at 23/10 (+230) however, that price has now got wider by 1/2 (-200).

Joshua opened at 3/10 (-330) which has shorten by 17/-10 (+60).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Joshua vs Joyce Head To Head

Anthony Joshua would step into the ring with a record of 24 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 22 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Joe Joyce would make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 15 wins and 0 draws, with 14 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Joyce would have a slight advantage in power over Joshua, with a 93% knock out percentage over Joshua's 92%.

Anthony Joshua is the younger man by 4 years, at 33 years old.

Joshua has 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Anthony Joshua & Joe Joyce fight out of an orthodox stance.

Joshua is currently the more experienced professional fighter, having had 12 more fights, and made his debut in 2013, 4 years earlier than Joyce, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 62 more professional rounds, 136 to Joyce's 74.

Anthony Joshua goes into the fight ranked number 4 by the WBA, 5 by the WBC, 5 by the WBO, 4 by the IBF and 2 by the RING at heavyweight.

Joe Joyce is currently ranked number 3 by the RING in the 201lb division.

Joshua vs Joyce betting form

Joshua has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he lost to Oleksandr Usyk on 20th August 2022 by split decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Oleksandr Usyk on 25th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, United Kingdom. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had won against Kubrat Pulev on 12th December 2020 by knockout in the 9th round in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and IBF World Heavyweight championship fight at Wembley Arena, London.

Before that, he had beat Andy Ruiz Jr on 7th December 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Diriyah Arena, Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 11/25 (-230) favourite going into the ring.

He had lost to Andy Ruiz Jr on 1st June 2019 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States. He was a 3/10 (-330) favourite going into the ring.

Joe Joyce remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 5 of his last opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Joseph Parker on 24th September 2022 by knockout in the 11th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at AO Arena, Manchester, United Kingdom. He was a 53/100 (-190) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had defeated Christian Hammer on 2nd July 2022 by technical knockout in the 4th round at Wembley Arena, London.

Going into that contest, he had won against Carlos Takam on 24th July 2021 by technical knockout in the 6th round at SSE Arena, Wembley, London.

Before that, he had defeated Daniel Dubois on 28th November 2020 by knockout in the 10th round in their CBC Commonwealth Heavyweight championship fight at Church House, London.

He had beat Michael Wallisch on 25th July 2020 by technical knockout in the 3rd round at BT Sport Studio, London. He was a 1/100 (-10000) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Joe Joyce has been fighting more than Anthony Joshua.

Anthony Joshua last fought 3 months and 19 days ago, while Joe Joyce's last outing was 2 months and 15 days ago.

Joshua's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 8 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 52 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.4 rounds on average.

Joyce's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 14 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 22 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

Joshua vs Joyce Odds History

Joshua vs Joyce sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Joyce
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Joshua vs Joyce Betting Markets

Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up