Summer 2024
Potentially

in the United States

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
VS
28-3-0
43-3-1

Contest odds

Joshua 11/20 (-180)
Draw -
Wilder 7/5 (+140)

Chance of winning

60.76% 39.24%
Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Wilder
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

34
Age
38
6' 6" / 198 cm
Height
6' 7" / 201 cm
81.9" / 208 cm
Reach
83.1" / 211 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 2TKO 5KO 7UD 12SD 12
Form
UD 12KO 1KO 11TKO 7KO 7
28
Wins
43
25
By KO
42
89
KO%
98
3
Losses
3
1
Stopped
2
0
Draws
1
2013
Debut
2008
162
Pro rounds
174

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

2
The Ring
9
2
WBA
10
1
WBC
7
1
WBO
13
3
IBF
-

Joshua vs Wilder betting preview

Bookmakers made Anthony Joshua a favorite against Deontay Wilder in a potential future contest between the pair, when they last released odds on May 25, 2024.

He is currently 11/20 (-180) to win the contest outright, while you can get 7/5 (+140) on Deontay Wilder if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 61% chance of Joshua winning while giving Wilder a 39% chance.

Joshua opened as the favorite at 11/20 (-180).

Wilder opened at 7/5 (+140).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Joshua vs Wilder Head To Head

Anthony Joshua would step into the ring with a record of 28 wins, 3 losses, and 0 draws, 25 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Deontay Wilder would make his way to the ring with a record of 43 wins, 3 losses and 1 draw, with 42 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Wilder would have a slight advantage in power over Joshua, with a 98% knockout percentage compared to Joshua's 89%.

Anthony Joshua is the younger man by 4 years, at 34 years old.

Wilder has a height advantage of 1 inch over Joshua. This also extends to a 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder fight out of an orthodox stance.

Joshua is currently the less experienced professional fighter, having had 16 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2013, 4 years and 10 months later than Wilder, whose first professional fight was in 2008. He has fought 12 fewer professional rounds, totaling 162 compared to Wilder's 174.

Anthony Joshua goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF, and 2 by The Ring at heavyweight.

Deontay Wilder is currently ranked number 10 by the WBA, 7 by the WBC, 13 by the WBO, and 9 by The Ring in the Heavyweight division.

Joshua vs Wilder betting form

Joshua has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he won against Francis Ngannou on March 8, 2024, by knockout in the 2nd round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 4/11 (-280) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had won against Otto Wallin on December 23, 2023, by technical knockout in the 5th round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh. He was a 2/7 (-340) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Robert Helenius on August 12, 2023, by knockout in the 7th round at O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom. He was a 1/16 (-1700) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Jermaine Franklin on April 1, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at o2 Arena, London. He was a 1/14 (-1400) favorite going into the ring.

He had been beaten by Oleksandr Usyk on August 20, 2022, by split decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the ring.

Deontay Wilder has stopped 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Joseph Parker on December 23, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 1/6 (-590) favorite going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had won against Robert Helenius on October 15, 2022, by knockout in the 1st round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York, United States. He was a 13/100 (-770) favorite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had lost to Tyson Fury on October 9, 2021, by knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Nevada.

Before that, he had been beaten by Tyson Fury on February 22, 2020, by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 11/4 (+280) underdog going into the contest.

He had defeated Luis Ortiz on November 23, 2019, by knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Anthony Joshua has been fighting more than Deontay Wilder.

Anthony Joshua last fought 4 months and 18 days ago, while Deontay Wilder's last outing was 7 months and 3 days ago.

Joshua's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 11 months and 6 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 4 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

Wilder's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 8 months and 3 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 11 months and 7 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

Joshua vs Wilder Odds History

Joshua vs Wilder sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Wilder
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Joshua vs Wilder Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up