Mar 30 2024
Saturday

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Welterweight
24-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-31T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - N/A

30-1-0

Contest odds

Tszyu 1/8 (-770)
Draw -
Thurman 6/1 (+600)

Chance of winning

86.1% 13.9%
Bovada logo

Bet on Tszyu vs Thurman
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

29
Age
35
5' 9" / 174 cm
Height
5' 7" / 171 cm
72" / 183 cm
Reach
68.9" / 175 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12KO 1TKO 9UD 12UD 12
Form
UD 12SD 12MD 12SD 12UD 12
24
Wins
30
17
By KO
22
71
KO%
73
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2016
Debut
2007
129
Pro rounds
172

Current rankings @ Super Welterweight

1
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Tszyu vs Thurman betting preview

Bookmakers made Tim Tszyu a massive favourite against Keith Thurman when they square off in their contest on Saturday 30th March 2024 at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 1/8 (-770) to win the contest outright, while you can get 6/1 (+600) on Keith Thurman if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 87% chance of Tszyu winning while giving Thurman a 13% chance.

Tszyu opened as the favourite at 1/10 (-1000) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).

Thurman opened at 6/1 (+600).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 154 pounds (10.78 stones or 70 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Tszyu vs Thurman Head To Head

Tim Tszyu steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 24 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 17 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Keith Thurman will make his way to the ring with a record of 30 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 22 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Thurman has a slight advantage in power over Tszyu, with a 73% knock out percentage over Tszyu's 71%.

Tim Tszyu is the younger man by 6 years, at 29 years old.

Tszyu has a height advantage of 2 inches over Thurman. This also extends to a 3-inch reach advantage.

Both Tim Tszyu & Keith Thurman fight out of an orthodox stance.

Tszyu is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 7 less fights, and made his debut in 2016, 9 year and 1 month later than Thurman, whose first professional fight was in 2007. He has fought 43 less professional rounds, 129 to Thurman's 172.

Tim Tszyu goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the RING at super welterweight.

Tszyu vs Thurman betting form

Tszyu remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Brian Mendoza on 15th October 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia. He was a 1/7 (-710) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Carlos Ocampo on 18th June 2023 by knockout in the 1st round in their WBO Interim World Junior Middleweight championship fight at Gold Coast Convention Centre, Broadbeach. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Tony Harrison on 11th March 2023 by technical knockout in the 9th round in their WBO Interim World Junior Middleweight championship fight at Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against Terrell Gausha on 26th March 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at The Armory, Minneapolis, United States. He was a 11/100 (-910) favourite going into the ring.

He had beat Takeshi Inoue on 17th November 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Qudos Bank Arena, New South Wales, Australia. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the ring.

Keith Thurman has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Mario Barrios on 5th February 2022 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Welterweight eliminator fight at Michelob Ultra Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 53/100 (-190) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Manny Pacquiao on 20th July 2019 by split decision in their WBA Super World Welterweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 5/4 (+130) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Josesito Lopez on 26th January 2019 by majority decision in their WBA Super World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had won against Danny Garcia on 4th March 2017 by split decision in their WBC World Welterweight and WBA World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York. He was a 43/100 (-230) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Shawn Porter on 25th June 2016 by unanimous decision in their WBA World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Tim Tszyu has been fighting more than Keith Thurman.

Tim Tszyu last fought 5 months and 15 days ago, while Keith Thurman's last outing was 2 years, 1 month and 25 days ago.

Tszyu's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 13 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 46 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.2 rounds on average.

Thurman's last 5 fights have come over a period of 7 years, 9 months and 5 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 6 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 60 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 12 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Tszyu vs Thurman Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 12:00 AM EST / 9:00 PM PST at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 5:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Tszyu vs Thurman for In-Play Betting?

Tszyu vs Thurman will be broadcast on Amazon Prime PPV in the US.

Tszyu vs Thurman Odds History

Tszyu vs Thurman sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Tszyu vs Thurman
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Tszyu vs Thurman Betting Markets

Winner Round betting Grouped betting Total rounds
Tszyu
Thurman

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up