Autumn/Fall 2024
Potentially

in the United States

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
VS
28-3-0
21-0-0

Contest odds

Joshua 11/8 (+140)
Draw -
Usyk 4/7 (-180)

Chance of winning

39.75% 60.25%
Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Usyk
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

34
Age
37
6' 6" / 198 cm
Height
6' 3" / 191 cm
81.9" / 208 cm
Reach
78" / 198 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

KO 2TKO 5KO 7UD 12SD 12
Form
KO 9SD 12UD 12UD 12TKO 7
28
Wins
21
25
By KO
14
89
KO%
67
3
Losses
0
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2013
162
Pro rounds
177

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

2
The Ring
-
2
WBA
-
1
WBC
-
1
WBO
-
3
IBF
-

Usyk vs Joshua III betting preview

Bookmakers made Oleksandr Usyk a favourite against Anthony Joshua in a potential future contest between the pair, when they last released odds on April 19, 2024.

He is currently 4/7 (-180) to win the contest outright, while you can get 11/8 (+140) on Anthony Joshua if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 61% chance of Usyk winning while giving Joshua a 39% chance.

Usyk opened as the favourite at 4/7 (-180).

Joshua opened at 11/8 (+140).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Usyk vs Joshua III Head To Head

Anthony Joshua would step into the ring with a record of 28 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 25 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Oleksandr Usyk would make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 21 wins and 0 draws, with 14 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Joshua would have a large advantage in power over Usyk, boosting at 89% knock out percentage over Usyk's 67%.

Anthony Joshua is the younger man by 3 years, at 34 years old.

Joshua has a height advantage of 3 inches over Usyk. This also extends to a 4-inch reach advantage.

Anthony Joshua fights out of the orthodox stance, while Oleksandr Usyk is a southpaw.

Joshua's experience as a professional fighter is currently relatively equal to Usyk's, having had 10 more fights, and made his debut in 2013, 1 month earlier than Usyk, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 15 less professional rounds, 162 to Usyk's 177.

Anthony Joshua goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 2 by the RING at heavyweight.

Usyk vs Joshua III betting form

Joshua has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he won against Francis Ngannou on 8th March 2024 by knockout in the 2nd round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 4/11 (-280) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had won against Otto Wallin on 23rd December 2023 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh. He was a 2/7 (-340) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Robert Helenius on 12th August 2023 by knockout in the 7th round at O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom. He was a 1/16 (-1700) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Jermaine Franklin on 1st April 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at o2 Arena, London. He was a 1/14 (-1400) favourite going into the ring.

He had been beaten by Oleksandr Usyk on 20th August 2022 by split decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the ring.

Usyk remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Daniel Dubois on 26th August 2023 by knockout in the 9th round in their WBO World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Stadion Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had won against Anthony Joshua on 20th August 2022 by split decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Anthony Joshua on 25th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, United Kingdom. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beat Derek Chisora on 31st October 2020 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London. He was a 17/100 (-590) favourite going into the contest.

He had won against Chazz Witherspoon on 12th October 2019 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Wintrust Arena, Illinois, United States. He was a 1/100 (-10000) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Anthony Joshua has been fighting more than Oleksandr Usyk.

Anthony Joshua last fought 5 months and 2 days ago, while Oleksandr Usyk's last outing was 11 months and 15 days ago.

Joshua's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 11 months and 21 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 24 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

Usyk's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 9 months and 29 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 11 months and 18 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 52 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.4 rounds on average.

Usyk vs Joshua III Odds History

Usyk vs Joshua III sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Usyk
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Usyk vs Joshua III Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up