May 06 2023
Saturday

Estadio Akron, Zapopan, Mexico

12 rounds contest
@ Super Middleweight
58-2-2

Est. ringwalk:

2023-05-07T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - TBC

32-5-0

Contest odds

Canelo 1/16 (-1700)
Draw -
Ryder 7/1 (+700)

Chance of winning

88.3% 11.7%
Bovada logo

Bet on Canelo vs Ryder
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

https://box.live

The tape

32
Age
34
5' 9" / 175 cm
Height
5' 9" / 175 cm
70.5" / 179 cm
Reach
72" / 183 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

UD 12UD 12KO 11TKO 8TKO 3
Form
TKO 4SD 12UD 10UD 12TKO 3
58
Wins
32
39
By KO
18
67
KO%
56
2
Losses
5
0
Stopped
1
2
Draws
0
2005
Debut
2010
460
Pro rounds
233

Current rankings @ Super Middleweight

-
The Ring
3
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Canelo vs Ryder betting preview

Bookmakers made Canelo Alvarez a massive favourite against John Ryder when they face off in their fight on Saturday 6th May 2023 at Estadio Akron, Zapopan, Mexico.

He is currently 1/16 (-1700) to win the fight outright, while you can get 7/1 (+700) on John Ryder if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 89% chance of Canelo winning while giving Ryder a 11% chance.

Canelo opened as the favourite at 1/14 (-1400).

Ryder opened at 7/1 (+700).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 168 pounds (11.76 stones or 76.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the undisputed super middleweight championship of the world, with the IBF, WBA, WBC & WBO belts on the line.

Canelo vs Ryder Head To Head

Canelo Alvarez steps into the ring with a record of 58 wins, 2 loses and 2 draws, 39 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

John Ryder will make his way to the ring with a record of 32 wins, 5 loses and 0 draws, with 18 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Canelo has advantage in power over Ryder, with a 67% knock out percentage over Ryder's 56%.

Canelo Alvarez is the younger man by 2 years, at 32 years old.

Ryder has 2-inch reach advantage.

Canelo Alvarez fights out of the orthodox stance, while John Ryder is a southpaw.

Canelo is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 25 more fights, and made his debut in 2005, 4 years and 10 months earlier than Ryder, whose first professional fight was in 2010. He has fought 227 more professional rounds, 460 to Ryder's 233.

John Ryder is currently ranked number 3 by the RING in the 168lb division.

Canelo vs Ryder betting form

Canelo has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Gennady Golovkin on 17th September 2022 by unanimous decision in their The Ring Super Middleweight, WBC World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight and IBF World Super Middleweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Dmitry Bivol on 7th May 2022 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Light Heavyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas. He was a 69/50 (+140) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Caleb Plant on 6th November 2021 by knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight, IBF World Super Middleweight and WBO World Super Middleweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Nevada. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had beat Billy Joe Saunders on 8th May 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBC World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight, WBO World Super Middleweight and The Ring Super Middleweight championship fight at AT&T Stadium, Arlington. He was a 11/50 (-450) favourite going into the fight.

He had won against Avni Yildirim on 27th February 2021 by technical knockout in the 3rd round in their WBC World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight and The Ring Super Middleweight championship fight at Hard Rock Stadium, Florida. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the fight.

Ryder has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he beat Zach Parker on 26th November 2022 by technical knockout in the 4th round in their WBO Interim World Super Middleweight championship fight at The o2, London, United Kingdom. He was a 7/4 (+180) underdog going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had beat Daniel Jacobs on 12th February 2022 by split decision in their 12 round contest at Alexandra Palace, London. He was a 39/25 (+160) underdog going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Mike Guy on 18th December 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Florida, United States.

Before that, he had lost to Callum Smith on 23rd November 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Super Middleweight championship fight at Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom. He was a 183/25 (+730) underdog going into the ring.

He had won against Bilal Akkawy on 4th May 2019 by technical knockout in the 3rd round in their WBA Interim World Super Middleweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Canelo Alvarez has been fighting more than John Ryder.

Canelo Alvarez last fought 6 months and 14 days ago, while John Ryder's last outing was 4 months and 5 days ago.

Canelo's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 1 month and 4 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 46 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.2 rounds on average.

Ryder's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 10 months and 27 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 12 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 41 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Canelo vs Ryder Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 3:00 AM UTC at Estadio Akron, Zapopan, Mexico, which is 11:00 PM EST or 8:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America, or 4:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Canelo vs Ryder for In-Play Betting?

Canelo vs Ryder will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN PPV.

Canelo vs Ryder Odds History

Canelo vs Ryder sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Canelo vs Ryder
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

https://box.live

Bet Now

All Canelo vs Ryder Betting Markets

Install Box.Live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up