Apr 20 2024
Saturday

Barclays Center, New York, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
VS
31-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-04-21T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 9:00pm EST / UK - Sun 2:00am

24-1-0

Contest odds

Haney 1/9 (-910)
Draw 19/1 (+1900)
Garcia 5/1 (+500)

Chance of winning

84.39% 15.61%
Bovada logo

Bet on Haney vs Garcia
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

25
Age
25
5' 9" / 175 cm
Height
5' 10" / 178 cm
70.9" / 180 cm
Reach
70.1" / 178 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 12UD 12UD 12UD 12
Form
KO 8KO 7KO 6UD 12TKO 7
31
Wins
24
15
By KO
20
48
KO%
83
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2015
Debut
2016
210
Pro rounds
100

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

1
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
6
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Haney vs R.Garcia betting preview

Bookmakers made Devin Haney a big favourite against Ryan Garcia when they square off in their contest on Saturday 20th April 2024 at Barclays Center, New York, United States.

He is currently 1/9 (-910) to win the contest outright, while you can get 5/1 (+500) on Ryan Garcia if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 85% chance of Haney winning while giving Garcia a 15% chance.

Haney opened as the favourite at 1/6 (-590) however, that price has now got wider by -47/50 (+110).

Garcia opened at 4/1 (+400) which has shorten by -2/1 (+50).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBC super lightweight championship of the world.

Haney vs R.Garcia Head To Head

Devin Haney steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 31 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 15 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Ryan Garcia will make his way to the ring with a record of 24 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 20 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Garcia has a massive power advantage over Haney, boosting at 83% knock out percentage over Haney's 48%.

Garcia is currently 8/1 (+800) to get the knockout.

Devin Haney is the same age as Ryan Garcia, at 25 years old.

Garcia has a height advantage of 1 inch over Haney. Despite this, he has 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Devin Haney & Ryan Garcia fight out of an orthodox stance.

Haney is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 6 more fights, and made his debut in 2015, 5 months earlier than Garcia, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 110 more professional rounds, 210 to Garcia's 100.

If you think Garcia will win on points, you can get odds of 12/1 (+1200), while Haney is 57/100 (-180) to win on the scorecards.

Devin Haney goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the RING at super lightweight.

Ryan Garcia is currently ranked number 6 by the WBC in the 140lb division.

Haney vs R.Garcia betting form

Haney remains undefeated as a professional.

In his last fight, he defeated Regis Prograis on 9th December 2023 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight championship fight at Chase Center, San Francisco, United States. He was a 1/4 (-400) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Vasyl Lomachenko on 20th May 2023 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Lightweight, WBA Super World Lightweight, WBC World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 21/50 (-250) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat George Kambosos on 16th October 2022 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Lightweight, WBA Super World Lightweight, WBC World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia. He was a 13/100 (-770) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against George Kambosos on 5th June 2022 by unanimous decision in their The Ring Lightweight, WBA World Lightweight, IBF World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at Marvel Stadium, Melbourne. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the ring.

He had beat Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz on 4th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Nevada, United States. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the ring.

Garcia has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Oscar Duarte on 2nd December 2023 by knockout in the 8th round at Toyota Center, Houston, United States. He was a 2/9 (-450) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis on 22nd April 2023 by knockout in the 7th round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas. He was a 19/10 (+190) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Javier Fortuna on 16th July 2022 by knockout in the 6th round at Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles. He was a 7/100 (-1400) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had won against Emmanuel Tagoe on 9th April 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Alamodome, San Antonio. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Luke Campbell on 2nd January 2021 by technical knockout in the 7th round at American Airlines Center, Dallas.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Devin Haney has been fighting more than Ryan Garcia.

Devin Haney last fought 4 months and 11 days ago, while Ryan Garcia's last outing was 4 months and 18 days ago.

Haney's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 16 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 22 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 60 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 12 rounds on average.

Garcia's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 3 months and 18 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 28 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 40 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8 rounds on average.

Garcia is currently 8/1 (+800) to finish this fight in the 8th round, or +1200 (+1200) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Haney vs Garcia Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Barclays Center, New York, United States, which is around 4:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Haney vs Garcia for In-Play Betting?

The DAZN PPV show is expected to begin at 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST. The DAZN PPV UK broadcast of the card is expected to start at 2:00 AM (BTS).

Haney vs R.Garcia Odds History

Haney vs R.Garcia sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Haney vs Garcia
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Haney vs R.Garcia Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Haney
Garcia

Round betting

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7
Round 8
Round 9
Round 10
Round 11
Round 12

Grouped betting

Round 1-2
Round 3-4
Round 5-6
Round 7-8
Round 9-10
Round 11-12
Round 1-3
Round 4-6
Round 7-9
Round 10-12
Round 1-4
Round 5-8
Round 9-12
Round 1-6
Round 7-12

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up