Mar 25 2023
Saturday

MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Middleweight
22-1-0

Est. ringwalk:

2023-03-25T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - N/A

26-0-0

Contest odds

Plant 9/4 (+230)
Draw 13/1 (+1300)
Benavidez 2/5 (-250)

Chance of winning

30.11% 69.89%
Bovada logo

Bet on Plant vs Benavidez
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

30
Age
26
6' 1" / 185 cm
Height
6' 1" / 185 cm
74" / 188 cm
Reach
76" / 193 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 9KO 11UD 12TKO 10TKO 3
Form
TKO 3TKO 7TKO 11TKO 10KO 9
22
Wins
26
13
By KO
23
59
KO%
88
1
Losses
0
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2014
Debut
2013
142
Pro rounds
118

Current rankings @ Super Middleweight

2
The Ring
1
1
WBA
-
1
WBC
-
2
WBO
-
3
IBF
-

Plant vs Benavidez betting preview

Bookmakers made David Benavidez a strong favourite against Caleb Plant when they meet in their bout on Saturday 25th March 2023 at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 2/5 (-250) to win the bout outright, while you can get 9/4 (+230) on Caleb Plant if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 70% chance of Benavidez winning while giving Plant a 30% chance.

Benavidez opened as the favourite at 4/11 (-280) however, that price has shortened by 26/-25 (+100).

Plant opened at 9/4 (+230).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 168 pounds (11.76 stones or 76.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is a final eliminator for the WBC super middleweight championship of the world.

Plant vs Benavidez Head To Head

Caleb Plant steps into the ring with a record of 22 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

David Benavidez will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 26 wins and 0 draws, with 23 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Benavidez has a large advantage in power over Plant, boosting at 88% knock out percentage over Plant's 59%.

Plant is currently 7/1 (+700) to get the knockout, while Benavidez is 83/100 (-120).

Caleb Plant is the older man by 4 years, at 30 years old.

Benavidez has 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Caleb Plant & David Benavidez fight out of an orthodox stance.

Plant's experience as a professional fighter is relatively equal to Benavidez's, having had 3 less fights, and made his debut in 2014, 8 months later than Benavidez, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 24 more professional rounds, 142 to Benavidez's 118.

If you think Plant will win on points, you can get odds of 4/1 (+400).

Caleb Plant goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 2 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 2 by the RING at super middleweight.

David Benavidez is currently ranked number 1 by the RING in the 168lb division.

Plant vs Benavidez betting form

Plant has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he won against Anthony Dirrell on 15th October 2022 by knockout in the 9th round at Barclays Center, Brooklyn, United States. He was a 7/100 (-1400) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Canelo Alvarez on 6th November 2021 by knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Super Middleweight, WBA Super World Super Middleweight, IBF World Super Middleweight and WBO World Super Middleweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Nevada. He was a 7/1 (+700) underdog going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had won against Caleb Truax on 30th January 2021 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Super Middleweight championship fight at Shrine Exposition Center, Los Angeles. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had beat Vincent Feigenbutz on 15th February 2020 by technical knockout in the 10th round in their IBF World Super Middleweight championship fight at Bridgestone Arena, Tennessee. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the ring.

He had defeated Mike Lee on 20th July 2019 by technical knockout in the 3rd round in their IBF World Super Middleweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favourite going into the ring.

David Benavidez remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 5 of his last opponents.

In his last fight, he won against David Lemieux on 21st May 2022 by technical knockout in the 3rd round in their WBC Interim World Super Middleweight championship fight at Gila River Arena, Glendale, United States. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had won against Kyrone Davis on 13th November 2021 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Footprint Center, Arizona. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Ronald Ellis on 13th March 2021 by technical knockout in the 11th round at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beat Roamer Alexis Angulo on 15th August 2020 by technical knockout in the 10th round in their WBC World Super Middleweight championship fight at Mohegan Sun Arena, Connecticut.

He had won against Anthony Dirrell on 28th September 2019 by knockout in the 9th round in their WBC World Super Middleweight championship fight at Staples Center, LA.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, David Benavidez has been fighting more than Caleb Plant.

Caleb Plant last fought 3 months and 14 days ago, while David Benavidez's last outing was 8 months and 8 days ago.

Plant's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 45 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9 rounds on average.

Plant is currently 7/1 (+700) to finish this fight in the 9th round, or 4/1 (+400) to win on points.

Benavidez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 4 months and 1 day, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 40 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Plant vs Benavidez Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 12:00 AM EST / 9:00 PM PST at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 4:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Plant vs Benavidez for In-Play Betting?

Plant vs Benavidez will be broadcast on Showtime PPV in the US.

Plant vs Benavidez Odds History

Plant vs Benavidez sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Plant vs Benavidez
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Plant vs Benavidez Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Plant
Benavidez

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up