Summer 2024
Potentially

in the United States

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
VS
28-3-0
27-2-1

Contest odds

Joshua 6/25 (-420)
Draw -
Zhang 3/1 (+300)

Chance of winning

76.34% 23.66%
Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Zhang
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

34
Age
41
6' 6" / 198 cm
Height
6' 6" / 198 cm
81.9" / 208 cm
Reach
78" / 198 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

KO 2TKO 5KO 7UD 12SD 12
Form
TKO 5MD 12KO 3TKO 6UD 12
28
Wins
27
25
By KO
22
89
KO%
81
3
Losses
2
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
1
2013
Debut
2014
162
Pro rounds
110

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

2
The Ring
4
2
WBA
-
1
WBC
4
1
WBO
3
3
IBF
7

Joshua vs Zhang betting preview

Bookmakers made Anthony Joshua a big favorite against Zhilei Zhang in a potential future clash between the pair, when they last released odds on June 19, 2024.

He is currently 6/25 (-420) to win the clash outright, while you can get 3/1 (+300) on Zhilei Zhang if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 77% chance of Joshua winning while giving Zhang a 23% chance.

Joshua opened as the favorite at 6/25 (-420).

Zhang opened at 3/1 (+300).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Joshua vs Zhang Head To Head

Anthony Joshua would step into the ring with a record of 28 wins, 3 losses, and 0 draws, 25 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Zhilei Zhang would make his way to the ring with a record of 27 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw, with 22 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Joshua would have a slight advantage in power over Zhang, with a 89% knockout percentage compared to Zhang's 81%.

Anthony Joshua is the younger man by 7 years, at 34 years old.

Joshua has a 4-inch reach advantage.

Anthony Joshua fights out of the orthodox stance, while Zhilei Zhang is a southpaw.

Joshua is currently the more experienced professional fighter, having had 1 more fights, and made his debut in 2013, 10 months earlier than Zhang, whose first professional fight was in 2014. He has fought 52 more professional rounds, totaling 162 compared to Zhang's 110.

Anthony Joshua goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF, and 2 by The Ring at heavyweight.

Zhilei Zhang is currently ranked number 4 by the WBC, 3 by the WBO, 7 by the IBF, and 4 by The Ring in the Heavyweight division.

Joshua vs Zhang betting form

Joshua has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he beat Francis Ngannou on March 8, 2024, by knockout in the 2nd round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 4/11 (-280) favorite going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had beaten Otto Wallin on December 23, 2023, by technical knockout in the 5th round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh. He was a 2/7 (-340) favorite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Robert Helenius on August 12, 2023, by knockout in the 7th round at O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom. He was a 1/16 (-1700) favorite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beaten Jermaine Franklin on April 1, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at o2 Arena, London. He was a 1/14 (-1400) favorite going into the contest.

He had been beaten by Oleksandr Usyk on August 20, 2022, by split decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the contest.

Zhilei Zhang has stopped 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Deontay Wilder on June 1, 2024, by technical knockout in the 5th round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 8/11 (-140) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had lost to Joseph Parker on March 8, 2024, by majority decision in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh. He was a 17/10 (+170) underdog going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Joe Joyce on September 23, 2023, by knockout in the 3rd round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at OVO Arena Wembley, London, United Kingdom. He was a 8/11 (-140) favorite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Joe Joyce on April 15, 2023, by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at Copper Box Arena, London. He was a 6/1 (+540) underdog going into the fight.

He had been beaten by Filip Hrgovic on August 20, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Zhilei Zhang has been fighting more than Anthony Joshua.

Anthony Joshua last fought 4 months and 18 days ago, while Zhilei Zhang's last outing was 1 month and 25 days ago.

Joshua's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 11 months and 6 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 4 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

Zhang's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 11 months and 6 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

Joshua vs Zhang Odds History

Joshua vs Zhang sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Zhang
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Joshua vs Zhang Betting Markets

Winner

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up