Summer 2024
Potentially

in the United States

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
VS
43-4-1
16-2-0

Contest odds

Wilder 8/13 (-160)
Draw -
Joyce 5/4 (+130)

Chance of winning

58.14% 41.86%
Bovada logo

Bet on Wilder vs Joyce
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

38
Age
38
6' 7" / 201 cm
Height
6' 6" / 198 cm
83.1" / 211 cm
Reach
80.3" / 204 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 5UD 12KO 1KO 11TKO 7
Form
KO 10KO 3TKO 6KO 11TKO 4
43
Wins
16
42
By KO
15
98
KO%
94
4
Losses
2
3
Stopped
2
1
Draws
0
2008
Debut
2017
179
Pro rounds
93

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

-
The Ring
8
10
WBA
-
15
WBC
9
-
WBO
14
-
IBF
11

Wilder vs Joyce betting preview

Bookmakers made Deontay Wilder a favorite against Joe Joyce in a potential future fight between the pair, when they last released odds on June 21, 2024.

He is currently 8/13 (-160) to win the fight outright, while you can get 5/4 (+130) on Joe Joyce if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 59% chance of Wilder winning while giving Joyce a 41% chance.

Wilder opened as the favorite at 8/13 (-160).

Joyce opened at 5/4 (+130).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Wilder vs Joyce Head To Head

Deontay Wilder would step into the ring with a record of 43 wins, 4 losses, and 1 draw, 42 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Joe Joyce would make his way to the ring with a record of 16 wins, 2 losses and 0 draws, with 15 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Wilder would have a slight advantage in power over Joyce, with a 98% knockout percentage compared to Joyce's 94%.

Deontay Wilder is the same age as Joe Joyce, at 38 years old.

Wilder has a height advantage of 1 inch over Joyce. This also extends to a 3-inch reach advantage.

Both Deontay Wilder and Joe Joyce fight out of an orthodox stance.

Wilder is currently the more experienced professional fighter, having had 30 more fights, and made his debut in 2008, 8 years and 11 months earlier than Joyce, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 86 more professional rounds, totaling 179 compared to Joyce's 93.

Deontay Wilder goes into the fight ranked number 10 by the WBA, and 15 by the WBC at heavyweight.

Joe Joyce is currently ranked number 9 by the WBC, 14 by the WBO, 11 by the IBF, and 8 by The Ring in the Heavyweight division.

Wilder vs Joyce betting form

Deontay Wilder has stopped 1 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Zhilei Zhang on June 1, 2024, by technical knockout in the 5th round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 6/5 (+120) underdog going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had been beaten by Joseph Parker on December 23, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh. He was a 1/6 (-590) favorite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Robert Helenius on October 15, 2022, by knockout in the 1st round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York, United States. He was a 13/100 (-770) favorite going into the fight.

Before that, he had lost to Tyson Fury on October 9, 2021, by knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Nevada.

He had been beaten by Tyson Fury on February 22, 2020, by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 11/4 (+280) underdog going into the fight.

Joe Joyce has stopped 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Kash Ali on March 16, 2024, by knockout in the 10th round at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had lost to Zhilei Zhang on September 23, 2023, by knockout in the 3rd round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at OVO Arena Wembley, London. He was a 11/10 (+110) underdog going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Zhilei Zhang on April 15, 2023, by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at Copper Box Arena, London. He was a 1/10 (-830) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had beaten Joseph Parker on September 24, 2022, by knockout in the 11th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at AO Arena, Manchester. He was a 53/100 (-190) favorite going into the ring.

He had won against Christian Hammer on July 2, 2022, by technical knockout in the 4th round at Wembley Arena, London.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Joe Joyce has been fighting more than Deontay Wilder.

Deontay Wilder last fought 1 month and 25 days ago, while Joe Joyce's last outing was 4 months and 10 days ago.

Wilder's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 5 months and 4 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 10 months and 19 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 36 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.2 rounds on average.

Joyce's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 24 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

Wilder vs Joyce Odds History

Wilder vs Joyce sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Wilder vs Joyce
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Wilder vs Joyce Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up