Saturday 1st April 2023
Potentially

o2 Arena, London, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
24-3-0
21-1-0

Contest odds

Joshua 2/25 (-1200)
Draw -
Franklin 6/1 (+600)

Chance of winning

86.63% 13.37%
Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Franklin
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
29
6' 6" / 198 cm
Height
6' 2" / 188 cm
81.9" / 208 cm
Reach
77.2" / 196 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

SD 12UD 12KO 9UD 12TKO 7
Form
MD 12SD 10UD 10UD 10TKO 8
24
Wins
21
22
By KO
14
92
KO%
67
3
Losses
1
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2015
136
Pro rounds
111

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

3
The Ring
-
4
WBA
-
5
WBC
-
5
WBO
-
5
IBF
-

Joshua vs Franklin betting preview

Bookmakers made Anthony Joshua a massive favourite against Jermaine Franklin in a potential future clash between the pair, when they last released odds on February 5, 2023.

He is currently 2/25 (-1200) to win the clash outright, while you can get 6/1 (+600) on Jermaine Franklin if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 87% chance of Joshua winning while giving Franklin a 13% chance.

Joshua opened as the favourite at 1/12 (-1200).

Franklin opened at 6/1 (+600).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Joshua vs Franklin Head To Head

Anthony Joshua would step into the ring with a record of 24 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 22 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Jermaine Franklin would make his way to the ring with a record of 21 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 14 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Joshua would have a large advantage in power over Franklin, boosting at 92% knock out percentage over Franklin's 67%.

Anthony Joshua is the older man by 4 years, at 33 years old.

Joshua has a height advantage of 4 inches over Franklin. This also extends to a 5-inch reach advantage.

Both Anthony Joshua & Jermaine Franklin fight out of an orthodox stance.

Joshua is currently the more experienced professional fighter, having had 5 more fights, and made his debut in 2013, 1 year and 5 months earlier than Franklin, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 25 more professional rounds, 136 to Franklin's 111.

Anthony Joshua goes into the fight ranked number 4 by the WBA, 5 by the WBC, 5 by the WBO, 5 by the IBF and 3 by the RING at heavyweight.

Joshua vs Franklin betting form

Joshua has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he lost to Oleksandr Usyk on 20th August 2022 by split decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at Jeddah Superdome, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Oleksandr Usyk on 25th September 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, United Kingdom. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had beat Kubrat Pulev on 12th December 2020 by knockout in the 9th round in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, WBO World Heavyweight and IBF World Heavyweight championship fight at Wembley Arena, London.

Before that, he had won against Andy Ruiz Jr on 7th December 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Diriyah Arena, Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 11/25 (-230) favourite going into the contest.

He had lost to Andy Ruiz Jr on 1st June 2019 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States. He was a 3/10 (-330) favourite going into the contest.

Franklin has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he lost to Dillian Whyte on 26th November 2022 by majority decision in their 12 round contest at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London, United Kingdom. He was a 6/1 (+600) underdog going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had beat Jerry Forrest on 12th July 2019 by split decision in their 10 round contest at Emerald Queen Casino, Washington, United States. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Rydell Booker on 13th April 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City. He was a 19/100 (-530) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Craig Lewis on 13th July 2018 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Motor City Casino, Michigan.

He had defeated Ed Fountain on 3rd March 2018 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Hollywood Casino, Ohio.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Anthony Joshua has been fighting more than Jermaine Franklin.

Anthony Joshua last fought 5 months and 17 days ago, while Jermaine Franklin's last outing was 2 months and 11 days ago.

Joshua's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 8 months and 5 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 52 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.4 rounds on average.

Franklin's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 11 months and 3 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 11 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 50 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10 rounds on average.

Joshua vs Franklin Odds History

Joshua vs Franklin sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Joshua vs Franklin
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Joshua vs Franklin Betting Markets

Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up