Feb 03 2023
Friday

Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States

10 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
27-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2023-02-04T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Fri 6:25pm EST / UK - Sat 2:00am

29-4-1

Contest odds

Barboza Jr 1/5 (-500)
Draw 15/1 (+1500)
Pedraza 10/3 (+330)

Chance of winning

78.3% 21.7%
Bovada logo

Bet on Barboza Jr vs Pedraza
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

31
Age
33
5' 9" / 175 cm
Height
5' 9" / 174 cm
72" / 183 cm
Reach
70.5" / 179 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 10UD 10UD 10UD 10KO 5
Form
SD 10UD 12TKO 8UD 10UD 10
27
Wins
29
10
By KO
14
37
KO%
48
0
Losses
4
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
1
2013
Debut
2011
160
Pro rounds
260

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

6
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
8
WBC
9
4
WBO
9
12
IBF
-

Barboza Jr vs Pedraza betting preview

Bookmakers made Arnold Barboza Jr a big favourite against Jose Pedraza when they meet in their bout on Friday 3rd February 2023 at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States.

He is currently 1/5 (-500) to win the bout outright, while you can get 10/3 (+330) on Jose Pedraza if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 79% chance of Barboza Jr winning while giving Pedraza a 21% chance.

Barboza Jr opened as the favourite at 1/6 (-590) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).

Pedraza opened at 7/2 (+350) which has got wider by 83/-100 (+120).

The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Barboza Jr vs Pedraza Head To Head

Arnold Barboza Jr steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 27 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 10 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Jose Pedraza will make his way to the ring with a record of 29 wins, 4 loses and 1 draw, with 14 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Pedraza has advantage in power over Barboza Jr, with a 48% knock out percentage over Barboza Jr's 37%.

Barboza Jr is currently 9/2 (+450) to get the knockout, while Pedraza is 10/1 (+1000).

Arnold Barboza Jr is the younger man by 2 years, at 31 years old.

Barboza Jr has 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Arnold Barboza Jr & Jose Pedraza fight out of an orthodox stance.

Barboza Jr is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 7 less fights, and made his debut in 2013, 2 year and 3 months later than Pedraza, whose first professional fight was in 2011. He has fought 100 less professional rounds, 160 to Pedraza's 260.

If you think Pedraza will win on points, you can get odds of 6/1 (+600), while Barboza Jr is 11/25 (-230) to win on the scorecards.

Arnold Barboza Jr goes into the fight ranked number 8 by the WBC, 4 by the WBO, 12 by the IBF and 6 by the RING at super lightweight.

Jose Pedraza is currently ranked number 9 by the WBC and 9 by the WBO in the 140lb division.

Barboza Jr vs Pedraza betting form

Barboza Jr remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 1 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Danielito Zorrilla on 15th July 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Pechanga Resort & Casino, California, United States.

Previous to that, he had won against Antonio Moran on 14th August 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Oklahoma.

Going into that contest, he had beat Alex Saucedo on 17th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada.

Before that, he had defeated Tony Luis on 29th August 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the ring.

He had won against William Silva on 30th November 2019 by knockout in the 5th round at Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Nevada.

Pedraza has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he drew Richard Commey on 27th August 2022 by split draw in their 10 round contest at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Oklahoma, United States. He was a 9/25 (-280) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Jose Carlos Ramirez on 4th March 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Save Mart Center, Fresno. He was a 4/1 (+400) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Julian Rodriguez on 12th June 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Nevada.

Before that, he had beat Javier Molina on 19th September 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada. He was a 11/20 (-180) favourite going into the contest.

He had won against Mikkel LesPierre on 2nd July 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at MGM Grand, Las Vegas.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Jose Pedraza has been fighting more than Arnold Barboza Jr.

Arnold Barboza Jr last fought 6 months and 14 days ago, while Jose Pedraza's last outing was 5 months and 2 days ago.

Barboza Jr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 1 month and 30 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 19 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 45 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9 rounds on average.

Barboza Jr is currently 9/2 (+450) to finish this fight in the 9th round, or 11/25 (-230) to win on points.

Pedraza's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 27 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 7 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 50 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10 rounds on average.

Pedraza is currently 10/1 (+1000) to finish this fight in the 10th round, or +600 (+600) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Barboza Jr vs Pedraza Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States, which is around 3:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Barboza Jr vs Pedraza for In-Play Betting?

Barboza Jr vs Pedraza will be broadcast on ESPN+ in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by Sky Sports Arena.

Barboza Jr vs Pedraza Odds History

Barboza Jr vs Pedraza sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Barboza Jr vs Pedraza
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Barboza Jr vs Pedraza Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Barboza Jr
Pedraza

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up