Sep 21 2024
Saturday

Wembley Stadium, London, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Light Heavyweight
VS
18-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-09-21T19:30:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - Sat 4:00pm / US - Sat 11:00am EST

18-1-0

Contest odds

Buatsi 2/5 (-250)
Draw -
Hutchinson 2/1 (+200)

Chance of winning

68.18% 31.82%
Bovada logo

Bet on Buatsi vs Hutchinson
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

31
Age
25
6' 2" / 188 cm
Height
6' 1" / 185 cm
74.4" / 189 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 10UD 12TKO 11TKO 4
Form
UD 12TKO 2KO 4TKO 5TKO 1
18
Wins
18
13
By KO
13
72
KO%
72
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2017
Debut
2017
99
Pro rounds
74

Current rankings @ Light Heavyweight

4
The Ring
9
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
1
WBO
2
-
IBF
-

Buatsi vs Hutchinson betting preview

Bookmakers made Joshua Buatsi a strong favorite against Willy Hutchinson when they square off in their contest on Saturday 21st September 2024 at Wembley Stadium, London, United Kingdom.

He is currently 2/5 (-250) to win the contest outright, while you can get 2/1 (+200) on Willy Hutchinson if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 69% chance of Buatsi winning while giving Hutchinson a 31% chance.

Buatsi opened as the favorite at 2/5 (-250).

Hutchinson opened at 15/8 (+190) which has shorten by -28/25 (+90).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Light Heavyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 175 pounds (12.25 stones or 79.55 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

Buatsi vs Hutchinson Head To Head

Joshua Buatsi steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 18 wins, zero losses, and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Willy Hutchinson will make his way to the ring with a record of 18 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 13 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest that Buatsi and Hutchinson have similar power, both with a 72% knockout percentage.

Joshua Buatsi is the older man by 6 years, at 31 years old.

Buatsi has a height advantage of 1 inch over Hutchinson.

Both Joshua Buatsi and Willy Hutchinson fight out of an orthodox stance.

Buatsi's experience as a professional fighter is relatively equal to Hutchinson's, having had 1 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2017, 3 months earlier than Hutchinson, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 25 more professional rounds, totaling 99 compared to Hutchinson's 74.

Joshua Buatsi goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the WBO, and 4 by The Ring at light heavyweight.

Willy Hutchinson is currently ranked number 2 by the WBO, and 9 by The Ring in the 175lb division.

Buatsi vs Hutchinson betting form

Buatsi remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Dan Azeez on February 3, 2024, by unanimous decision in their BBBOC British Light heavyweight and CBC Commonwealth Light Heavyweight championship fight at OVO Arena Wembley, London, United Kingdom. He was a 2/7 (-400) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had won against Pawel Stepien on May 6, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Genting Arena, Birmingham. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Craig Richards on May 21, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at The O2 Arena, London. He was a 1/5 (-500) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Ricards Bolotniks on August 14, 2021, by technical knockout in the 11th round in their WBA Super World Light Flyweight eliminator fight at Matchroom Fight Camp, Essex.

He had won against Daniel Blenda Dos Santos on May 15, 2021, by technical knockout in the 4th round at Manchester Arena, Lancashire. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favorite going into the ring.

Hutchinson has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Craig Richards on June 1, 2024, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 11/8 (+140) underdog going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had defeated Martin Houben on March 22, 2024, by technical knockout in the 2nd round at York Hall, Bethnal Green, United Kingdom. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favorite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna on May 12, 2023, by knockout in the 4th round at York Hall, Bethnal Green. He was a 17/100 (-590) favorite going into the contest.

Before that, he had been beaten by Lennox Clarke on March 27, 2021, by technical knockout in the 5th round in their CBC Commonwealth Super Middleweight and BBBOC British Super Middleweight championship fight at Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favorite going into the contest.

He had won against Luke Blackledge on August 29, 2020, by technical knockout in the 1st round at BT Sport Studio, London. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favorite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Joshua Buatsi has been fighting more than Willy Hutchinson.

Joshua Buatsi last fought 7 months and 18 days ago, while Willy Hutchinson's last outing was 3 months and 20 days ago.

Buatsi's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 4 months and 6 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 8 months and 2 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 49 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.8 rounds on average.

Hutchinson's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years and 23 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 23 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 24 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Buatsi vs Hutchinson Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 8:30 PM BST at Wembley Stadium, London, United Kingdom, which is 3:30 PM EST or 12:30 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Buatsi vs Hutchinson for In-Play Betting?

Buatsi vs Hutchinson will be broadcast on DAZN PPV in both the United States and the UK.

Buatsi vs Hutchinson Odds History

Buatsi vs Hutchinson sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Buatsi vs Hutchinson
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Buatsi vs Hutchinson Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up