Summer 2023
Potentially

Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Welterweight
35-1-1
21-0-0

Contest odds

Charlo 3/10 (-330)
Draw -
Tszyu 12/5 (+240)

Chance of winning

72.34% 27.66%
Bovada logo

Bet on Charlo vs Tszyu
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

32
Age
28
5' 11" / 180 cm
Height
5' 9" / 174 cm
72.8" / 185 cm
Reach
72" / 183 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 10SD 12KO 8TKO 11KO 3
Form
UD 12UD 12TKO 5KO 1TKO 8
35
Wins
21
19
By KO
15
54
KO%
71
1
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
1
Draws
0
2007
Debut
2016
256
Pro rounds
107

Current rankings @ Super Welterweight

-
The Ring
3
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
1
-
WBO
1
-
IBF
-

Charlo vs Tszyu betting preview

Bookmakers made Jermell Charlo a strong favourite against Tim Tszyu in a potential future contest between the pair, when they last released odds on January 28, 2023.

He is currently 3/10 (-330) to win the contest outright, while you can get 12/5 (+240) on Tim Tszyu if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 73% chance of Charlo winning while giving Tszyu a 27% chance.

Charlo opened as the favourite at 3/10 (-330).

Tszyu opened at 12/5 (+240).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 154 pounds (10.78 stones or 70 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Charlo vs Tszyu Head To Head

Jermell Charlo would step into the ring with a record of 35 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw, 19 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Tim Tszyu would make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 21 wins and 0 draws, with 15 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Tszyu would have advantage in power over Charlo, with a 71% knock out percentage over Charlo's 54%.

Jermell Charlo is the older man by 4 years, at 32 years old.

Charlo has a height advantage of 2 inches over Tszyu. This also extends to a 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Jermell Charlo & Tim Tszyu fight out of an orthodox stance.

Charlo is currently the more experienced professional fighter, having had 16 more fights, and made his debut in 2007, 9 years earlier than Tszyu, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 149 more professional rounds, 256 to Tszyu's 107.

Tim Tszyu is currently ranked number 1 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO and 3 by the RING in the 154lb division.

Charlo vs Tszyu betting form

Jermell Charlo has stopped 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Brian Carlos Castano on 14th May 2022 by knockout in the 10th round in their WBC World Super Welterweight, WBA Super World Super Welterweight, IBF World Junior Middleweight and WBO World Junior Middleweight championship fight at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, United States. He was a 11/25 (-230) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had drawn with Brian Carlos Castano on 17th July 2021 by split draw in their 12 round contest in their WBC World Super Welterweight, WBA Super World Super Welterweight, IBF World Junior Middleweight and WBO World Junior Middleweight championship fight at AT&T Center, San Antonio.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Jeison Rosario on 26th September 2020 by knockout in the 8th round in their WBC World Super Welterweight, WBA Super World Super Welterweight and IBF World Junior Middleweight championship fight at Mohegan Sun Arena, Connecticut. He was a 11/50 (-450) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had beat Tony Harrison on 21st December 2019 by technical knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Super Welterweight championship fight at Toyota Arena, California.

He had won against Jorge Cota on 23rd June 2019 by knockout in the 3rd round at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Nevada. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the ring.

Tszyu remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Terrell Gausha on 26th March 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at The Armory, Minneapolis, United States. He was a 11/100 (-910) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Takeshi Inoue on 17th November 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Qudos Bank Arena, New South Wales, Australia. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Dennis Hogan on 31st March 2021 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Newcastle, New South Wales. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had won against Bowyn Morgan on 16th December 2020 by knockout in the 1st round at Bankwest Stadium, New South Wales. He was a 7/100 (-1400) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Jeff Horn on 26th August 2020 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Queensland. He was a 1/50 (-5000) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Tim Tszyu has been fighting more than Jermell Charlo.

Jermell Charlo last fought 8 months and 15 days ago, while Tim Tszyu's last outing was 10 months and 3 days ago.

Charlo's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 7 months and 6 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 20 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 44 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.8 rounds on average.

Tszyu's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 5 months and 3 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

Charlo vs Tszyu Odds History

Charlo vs Tszyu sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Charlo vs Tszyu
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Charlo vs Tszyu Betting Markets

Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up