Motorpoint Arena Cardiff, Cardiff, United Kingdom
broadcast start time:
UK - TBC / US - TBC
Chance of winning
Bet on Cordina vs Rakhimov
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs
Cordina vs Rakhimov betting preview
Bookmakers made Joe Cordina a strong favourite against Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov when they square off in their contest on Saturday 22nd April 2023 at Motorpoint Arena Cardiff, Cardiff, United Kingdom.
He is currently 9/25 (-280) to win the contest outright, while you can get 2/1 (+200) on Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov if you fancy the upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 69% chance of Cordina winning while giving Rakhimov a 31% chance.
Cordina opened as the favourite at 4/11 (-280).
Rakhimov opened at 2/1 (+200).
The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 130 pounds (9.1 stones or 59.09 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
This contest is for the IBF super featherweight championship of the world.
Cordina vs Rakhimov Head To Head
Joe Cordina steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 15 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 9 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.
Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 17 wins and 1 draw, with 14 of those by knock out.
The stats suggest Rakhimov has a large advantage in power over Cordina, boosting at 82% knock out percentage over Cordina's 60%.
Joe Cordina is the older man by 3 years, at 31 years old.
Joe Cordina fights out of the orthodox stance, while Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov is a southpaw.
Cordina is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 3 less fights, and made his debut in 2017, 1 year and 4 months later than Rakhimov, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 10 less professional rounds, 81 to Rakhimov's 91.
Joe Cordina goes into the fight ranked number 3 by the IBF and 5 by the RING at super featherweight.
Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov is currently ranked number 4 by the RING in the 130lb division.
Cordina vs Rakhimov betting form
Cordina remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he defeated Kenichi Ogawa on 4th June 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round in their IBF World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Motorpoint Arena, Wales, United Kingdom. He was a 57/100 (-180) favourite going into the fight.
Previous to that, he had defeated Miko Khatchatryan on 11th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Echo Arena, Merseyside.
Going into that contest, he had beat Joshuah Hernandez on 14th August 2021 by knockout in the 1st round at Matchroom HQ Garden, Essex.
Before that, he had won against Faroukh Kourbanov on 20th March 2021 by majority decision in their 10 round contest at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London.
He had beat Enrique Tinoco on 30th November 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Casino de Monte Carlo Salle Medecin, Monte Carlo, Monaco. He was a 2/25 (-1200) favourite going into the fight.
Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last opponents.
In his last fight, he defeated Zelfa Barrett on 5th November 2022 by technical knockout in the 9th round in their IBF World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Previous to that, he had defeated Sardor Muzaffarov on 11th December 2021 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at KRK “Uralets”, Ekaterinburg, Russia.
Going into that contest, he had drawn with Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz on 13th February 2021 by majority draw in their 12 round contest in their IBF World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Fantasy Springs Casino, California, United States. He was a 36/25 (+140) underdog going into the ring.
Before that, he had won against Azinga Fuzile on 29th September 2019 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Orient Theatre, Eastern Cape, South Africa.
He had defeated Rofhiwa Maemu on 23rd March 2019 by technical knockout in the 4th round at RCC Boxing Academy, Ekaterinburg, Russia. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favourite going into the ring.
Who's been more active?
If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Joe Cordina has been fighting more than Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov.
Joe Cordina last fought 9 months and 18 days ago, while Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov's last outing was 4 months and 17 days ago.
Cordina's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 3 months and 20 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 29 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 33 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.6 rounds on average.
Rakhimov's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 11 months and 27 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 19 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 35 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7 rounds on average.
What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Cordina vs Rakhimov Pre Fight?
The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:15 PM BST at Motorpoint Arena Cardiff, Cardiff, United Kingdom, which is 5:15 PM EST or 2:15 PM PST on the West Coast of America.
Where Can I Watch Cordina vs Rakhimov for In-Play Betting?
Cordina vs Rakhimov will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN.
Cordina vs Rakhimov Odds History
Cordina vs Rakhimov sign up offers
Bet on Cordina vs Rakhimov
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay OutsBet Now