Mar 30 2024
Saturday

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
15-1-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-31T02:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - N/A

25-2-1

Contest odds

Romero 2/1 (+200)
Draw -
Cruz 4/9 (-230)

Chance of winning

32.43% 67.57%
Bovada logo

Bet on Romero vs Cruz
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

28
Age
25
5' 8" / 173 cm
Height
5' 5" / 164 cm
68.1" / 173 cm
Reach
62.6" / 159 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 9TKO 6TKO 7TKO 7UD 12
Form
SD 12KO 2TKO 5UD 12UD 10
15
Wins
25
13
By KO
17
87
KO%
68
1
Losses
2
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
1
2016
Debut
2015
66
Pro rounds
140

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
2
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Romero vs Cruz betting preview

Bookmakers made Isaac Cruz a strong favourite against Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero when they face off in their fight on Saturday 30th March 2024 at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 4/9 (-230) to win the fight outright, while you can get 2/1 (+200) on Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 68% chance of Cruz winning while giving Romero a 32% chance.

Cruz opened as the favourite at 4/9 (-230).

Romero opened at 7/4 (+180) which has shorten by 5/-4 (+80).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBA super lightweight championship of the world.

Romero vs Cruz Head To Head

Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero steps into the ring with a record of 15 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Isaac Cruz will make his way to the ring with a record of 25 wins, 2 loses and 1 draw, with 17 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Romero has advantage in power over Cruz, with a 87% knock out percentage over Cruz's 68%.

Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero is the older man by 3 years, at 28 years old.

Romero has a height advantage of 3 inches over Cruz. This also extends to a 5-inch reach advantage.

Both Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero & Isaac Cruz fight out of an orthodox stance.

Romero is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 12 less fights, and made his debut in 2016, 1 year and 8 months later than Cruz, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 74 less professional rounds, 66 to Cruz's 140.

Isaac Cruz is currently ranked number 2 by the WBA in the 140lb division.

Romero vs Cruz betting form

Romero has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Ismael Barroso on 13th May 2023 by technical knockout in the 9th round in their WBA World Super Lightweight championship fight at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Chelsea Ballroom, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis on 28th May 2022 by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBA World Lightweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York. He was a 459/100 (+460) underdog going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Anthony Yigit on 17th July 2021 by technical knockout in the 7th round at AT&T Center, Texas.

Before that, he had beat Avery Sparrow on 23rd January 2021 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut.

He had won against Jackson Marinez on 15th August 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBA Interim World Lightweight championship fight at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut.

Cruz has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he beat Giovanni Cabrera on 29th July 2023 by split decision in their 12 round contest at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 1/8 (-770) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had beat Eduardo Ramirez on 4th September 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Yuriorkis Gamboa on 16th April 2022 by technical knockout in the 5th round at AT&T Stadium, Texas.

Before that, he had lost to Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis on 5th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBA World Lightweight championship fight at Staples Center, California. He was a 9/1 (+900) underdog going into the ring.

He had won against Francisco Vargas on 19th June 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Toyota Center, Texas.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Isaac Cruz has been fighting more than Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero.

Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero last fought 10 months and 17 days ago, while Isaac Cruz's last outing was 8 months and 1 day ago.

Romero's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 7 months and 15 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 41 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.2 rounds on average.

Cruz's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 9 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 22 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 41 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Romero vs Cruz Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 3:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Romero vs Cruz for In-Play Betting?

Romero vs Cruz will be broadcast on Amazon Prime PPV in the US.

Romero vs Cruz Odds History

Romero vs Cruz sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Romero vs Cruz
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Romero vs Cruz Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up