Jul 20 2024
Saturday

Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Bantamweight
VS
16-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-07-20T21:30:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - N/A

12-0-0

Contest odds

Davies 2/5 (-250)
Draw -
Masoud 2/1 (+200)

Chance of winning

68.18% 31.82%
Bovada logo

Bet on Davies vs Masoud
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

28
Age
28
5' 10" / 177 cm
Height
5' 7" / 170 cm
71.7" / 182 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 2TKO 5TKO 1UD 12UD 12
Form
SD 10TKO 12RTD 2TKO 4PTS 6
16
Wins
12
8
By KO
4
50
KO%
33
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2018
Debut
2018
80
Pro rounds
71

Current rankings @ Super Bantamweight

7
The Ring
-
12
WBA
3
5
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
5
IBF
-

Davies vs Masoud betting preview

Bookmakers made Liam Davies a strong favorite against Shabaz Masoud when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 20th July 2024 at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom.

He is currently 2/5 (-250) to win the clash outright, while you can get 2/1 (+200) on Shabaz Masoud if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 69% chance of Davies winning while giving Masoud a 31% chance.

Davies opened as the favorite at 4/11 (-280) however, that price has shortened by 26/-25 (+100).

Masoud opened at 2/1 (+200).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 122 pounds (8.54 stones or 55.45 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

Davies vs Masoud Head To Head

Liam Davies steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 16 wins, zero losses, and 0 draws, 8 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Shabaz Masoud will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 12 wins and 0 draws, with 4 of those by knockout.

The stats suggest Davies has an advantage in power over Masoud, with a 50% knockout percentage compared to Masoud's 33%.

Liam Davies is the same age as Shabaz Masoud, at 28 years old.

Davies has a height advantage of 3 inches over Masoud.

Both Liam Davies and Shabaz Masoud fight out of an orthodox stance.

Davies is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 4 more fights, and made his debut in 2018, 6 months later than Masoud, whose first professional fight was in 2018. He has fought 9 more professional rounds, totaling 80 compared to Masoud's 71.

Liam Davies goes into the fight ranked number 12 by the WBA, 5 by the WBC, 5 by the IBF, and 7 by The Ring at super bantamweight.

Shabaz Masoud is currently ranked number 3 by the WBA in the 122lb division.

Davies vs Masoud betting form

Davies remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Erik Robles on March 16, 2024, by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom. He was a 2/5 (-250) favorite going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had beaten Vincenzo La Femina on November 18, 2023, by technical knockout in the 5th round at Manchester Arena, Manchester. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favorite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Jason Cunningham on July 29, 2023, by technical knockout in the 1st round in their BBBOC British Super Bantamweight championship fight at Telford International Centre, Telford. He was a 1/6 (-590) favorite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beaten Ionut Baluta on November 19, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Telford International Centre, Telford. He was a 8/15 (-190) favorite going into the contest.

He had defeated Marc Leach on June 11, 2022, by unanimous decision in their BBBOC British Super Bantamweight championship fight at Telford International Centre, Shropshire. He was a 12/5 (+240) underdog going into the contest.

Masoud remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Jose Sanmartin on November 11, 2023, by split decision in their 10 round contest at Newcastle Arena, Newcastle, United Kingdom. He was a 1/16 (-1700) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had won against Jack Bateson on November 11, 2022, by technical knockout in the 12th round at Sheffield Arena, Sheffield.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Yoan Boyeaux on March 18, 2022, by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Duty Free Tennis Stadium, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Before that, he had beaten Louis Norman on March 19, 2021, by technical knockout in the 4th round at Bolton Whites Hotel (De Vere Whites), Bolton, United Kingdom.

He had won against Stefan Nicolae on November 30, 2019, by points in the 6th round at Utilita Arena, Birmingham.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Liam Davies has been fighting more than Shabaz Masoud.

Liam Davies last fought 4 months and 4 days ago, while Shabaz Masoud's last outing was 8 months and 9 days ago.

Davies' last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 1 month and 9 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 5 months and 3 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 32 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.4 rounds on average.

Masoud's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 7 months and 20 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 11 months and 4 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Davies vs Masoud Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:30 PM BST at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom, which is 5:30 PM EST or 2:30 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Davies vs Masoud for In-Play Betting?

Davies vs Masoud will be broadcast on TNT Sports 1 in the UK.

Davies vs Masoud Odds History

Davies vs Masoud sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Davies vs Masoud
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Davies vs Masoud Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up