Jun 21 2024
Friday

Fontainebleau Las Vegas, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Featherweight
VS
24-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-06-22T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Fri 10:00pm EST / UK - Sat 2:00am

22-1-0

Contest odds

Espinoza 1/8 (-770)
Draw 14/1 (+1400)
Sanchez 5/1 (+500)

Chance of winning

84.15% 15.85%
Bovada logo

Bet on Espinoza vs Sanchez
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

30
Age
29
6' 1" / 185 cm
Height
5' 9" / 175 cm
74" / 188 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

MD 12KO 2TKO 3TKO 3TKO 1
Form
24
Wins
22
20
By KO
13
83
KO%
59
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2016
87
Pro rounds
96

Current rankings @ Featherweight

6
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
2
-
IBF
-

Espinoza vs Sanchez betting preview

Bookmakers made Rafael Espinoza a big favorite against Sergio Chirino Sanchez when they face off in their fight on Friday 21st June 2024 at Fontainebleau Las Vegas, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 1/8 (-770) to win the fight outright, while you can get 5/1 (+500) on Sergio Chirino Sanchez if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 85% chance of Espinoza winning while giving Sanchez a 15% chance.

Espinoza opened as the favorite at 1/8 (-770).

Sanchez opened at 5/1 (+500).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 126 pounds (8.82 stones or 57.27 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBO featherweight championship of the world.

Espinoza vs Sanchez Head To Head

Rafael Espinoza steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 24 wins, zero losses, and 0 draws, 20 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Sergio Chirino Sanchez will make his way to the ring with a record of 22 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 13 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Espinoza has a large advantage in power over Sanchez, boasting a 83% knockout percentage compared to Sanchez's 59%.

Rafael Espinoza is the older man by 1 year, at 30 years old.

Espinoza has a height advantage of 4 inches over Sanchez.

Both Rafael Espinoza and Sergio Chirino Sanchez fight out of an orthodox stance.

Espinoza is arguably the more experienced fighter, having had 1 more fights, and made his debut in 2013, 3 years and 9 months earlier than Sanchez, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 9 fewer professional rounds, totaling 87 compared to Sanchez's 96.

Rafael Espinoza goes into the fight ranked number 6 by The Ring at featherweight.

Sergio Chirino Sanchez is currently ranked number 2 by the WBO in the 126lb division.

Espinoza vs Sanchez betting form

Espinoza remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Robeisy Ramirez on December 9, 2023, by majority decision in their WBO World Featherweight championship fight at Charles F. Dodge City Center, Pembroke Pines, United States. He was a 8/1 (+790) underdog going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had defeated Ally Mwerangi on July 15, 2023, by knockout in the 2nd round at Restaurante Arroyo, Mexico City, Mexico.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Rafael Rosas Ramirez on March 25, 2023, by technical knockout in the 3rd round at El Domo del Code Jalisco, Guadalajara.

Before that, he had won against Rafael Rosas Ramirez on March 25, 2023, by technical knockout in the 3rd round at El Domo del Code Jalisco, Guadalajara.

He had beaten Orlando Garcia Guerrero on November 19, 2022, by technical knockout in the 1st round at Arena Astros, Guadalajara.

Who's been more active?

Espinoza's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 7 months and 2 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 3 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 21 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Espinoza vs Sanchez Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Fontainebleau Las Vegas, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 4:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Espinoza vs Sanchez for In-Play Betting?

The ESPN+ show is expected to begin at 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST. The Sky Sports Action broadcast of the card is expected to start at 2:00 AM (BST).

Espinoza vs Sanchez Odds History

Espinoza vs Sanchez sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Espinoza vs Sanchez
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Espinoza vs Sanchez Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Espinoza
Sanchez

Method of result

Draw or Technical Draw

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up