Dec 29 2021
Wednesday

Super Arena, Saitama, Japan

12 rounds contest
@ Middleweight
41-1-1

Est. ringwalk:

2021-12-29T11:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - TBC

16-2-0

Contest odds

Golovkin 1/4 (-400)
Draw -
Murata 3/1 (+300)

Chance of winning

76.19% 23.81%
Bovada logo

Bet on Golovkin vs Murata
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

39
Age
35
5' 10" / 179 cm
Height
6' 0" / 182 cm
70.1" / 178 cm
Reach
72" / 183 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 7UD 12KO 4MD 12KO 2
Form
TKO 5TKO 2UD 12TKO 8TKO 7
41
Wins
16
36
By KO
13
88
KO%
81
1
Losses
2
0
Stopped
0
1
Draws
0
2006
Debut
2013
219
Pro rounds
111

Current rankings @ Middleweight

1
The Ring
6
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Golovkin vs Murata betting preview

Bookmakers make Gennady Golovkin a big favourite against Ryota Murata when they square off in their contest on Wednesday 29th December 2021 at Super Arena, Saitama, Japan.

He is currently 1/4 (-400) to win the contest outright, while you can get 3/1 (+300) on Ryota Murata if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 77% chance of Golovkin winning while giving Murata a 23% chance.

Golovkin opened as the favourite at 1/7 (-714) however, that price has shortened by -111/100 (+90).

Murata opened at 9/2 (+450) which has got wider by 1/2 (-200).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 160 pounds (11.2 stones or 72.73 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the unified middleweight championship of the world, with the WBA & IBF belts on the line.

Golovkin vs Murata Head To Head

Gennady Golovkin steps into the ring with a record of 41 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw, 36 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Ryota Murata will make his way to the ring with a record of 16 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 13 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Golovkin has a slight advantage in power over Murata, with a 88% knock out percentage over Murata's 81%.

Gennady Golovkin is the older man by 4 years, at 39 years old.

Murata has a height advantage of 2 inches over Golovkin. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Gennady Golovkin & Ryota Murata fight out of an orthodox stance.

Golovkin is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 25 more fights, and made his debut in 2006, 7 years and 3 months earlier than Murata, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 108 more professional rounds, 219 to Murata's 111.

Gennady Golovkin goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the RING at middleweight.

Ryota Murata is currently ranked number 6 by the RING in the 160lb division.

Golovkin vs Murata betting form

Golovkin has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Kamil Szeremeta on 18th December 2020 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their IBF World Middleweight championship fight at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Florida, United States. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Sergiy Derevyanchenko on 5th October 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Middleweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 4/25 (-625) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Steve Rolls on 8th June 2019 by knockout in the 4th round at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had been beaten by Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez on 15th September 2018 by majority decision in their WBA Super World Middleweight, WBC World Middleweight and The Ring Middleweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas. He was a 91/100 (-109) underdog going into the ring.

He had won against Vanes Martirosyan on 5th May 2018 by knockout in the 2nd round in their WBA Super World Middleweight and WBC World Middleweight championship fight at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the ring.

Ryota Murata has stopped 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Steven Butler on 23rd December 2019 by technical knockout in the 5th round in their WBA World Middleweight championship fight at Arena, Kanagawa, Japan. He was a 1/5 (-500) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Rob Brant on 12th July 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their WBA World Middleweight championship fight at EDION Arena Osaka, Osaka. He was a 5/2 (+250) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had lost to Rob Brant on 20th October 2018 by unanimous decision in their WBA World Middleweight championship fight at Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 17/100 (-588) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had defeated Emanuele Blandamura on 15th April 2018 by technical knockout in the 8th round in their WBA World Middleweight championship fight at Arena, Kanagawa, Japan. He was a 1/50 (-4999) favourite going into the contest.

He had won against Hassan N’Dam on 22nd October 2017 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBA World Middleweight championship fight at Kokugikan, Tokyo. He was a 9/50 (-555) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Gennady Golovkin has been fighting more than Ryota Murata.

Gennady Golovkin last fought 11 months and 12 days ago, while Ryota Murata's last outing was 1 year, 11 months and 7 days ago.

Golovkin's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 25 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 18 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 37 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.4 rounds on average.

Murata's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 1 month and 8 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 27 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Golovkin vs Murata Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 AM UTC at Super Arena, Saitama, Japan, which is 6:00 AM EST or 3:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 11:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Golovkin vs Murata for In-Play Betting?

Golovkin vs Murata will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN.

Golovkin vs Murata Odds History

Golovkin vs Murata sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Golovkin vs Murata
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Golovkin vs Murata Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up