Feb 04 2023
Saturday

Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States

10 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
15-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2023-02-05T02:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 8:00pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am

17-0-0

Contest odds

Hitchins 1/12 (-1200)
Draw 20/1 (+2000)
Bauza 6/1 (+600)

Chance of winning

86.63% 13.37%
Bovada logo

Bet on Hitchins vs Bauza
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

25
Age
24
5' 10" / 178 cm
Height
5' 8" / 173 cm
74" / 188 cm
Reach
69.7" / 177 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

TKO 8TKO 4UD 10SD 10UD 10
Form
15
Wins
17
7
By KO
7
47
KO%
41
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2017
Debut
2016
84
Pro rounds
77

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
13
IBF
-

Hitchins vs Bauza betting preview

Bookmakers made Richardson Hitchins a massive favourite against John Bauza when they square off in their contest on Saturday 4th February 2023 at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States.

He is currently 1/12 (-1200) to win the contest outright, while you can get 6/1 (+600) on John Bauza if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 87% chance of Hitchins winning while giving Bauza a 13% chance.

Hitchins opened as the favourite at 1/12 (-1200).

Bauza opened at 11/2 (+550) which has shorten by 3/-2 (+70).

The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Hitchins vs Bauza Head To Head

Richardson Hitchins steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 15 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 7 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

John Bauza will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 17 wins and 0 draws, with 7 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Hitchins has a slight advantage in power over Bauza, with a 47% knock out percentage over Bauza's 41%.

Hitchins is currently 3/2 (+150) to get the knockout, while Bauza is 10/1 (+1000).

Richardson Hitchins is the older man by 1 year, at 25 years old.

Hitchins has a height advantage of 2 inches over Bauza. This also extends to a 4-inch reach advantage.

Richardson Hitchins fights out of the orthodox stance, while John Bauza is a southpaw.

Hitchins' experience as a professional fighter is relatively equal to Bauza's, having had 2 less fights, and made his debut in 2017, 10 months later than Bauza, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 7 more professional rounds, 84 to Bauza's 77.

If you think Bauza will win on points, you can get odds of 16/1 (+1600), while Hitchins is 67/100 (-150) to win on the scorecards.

Richardson Hitchins goes into the fight ranked number 13 by the IBF at super lightweight.

Hitchins vs Bauza betting form

Hitchins remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Yomar Alamo on 12th November 2022 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland, United States.

Previous to that, he had defeated Angel Sarinana Rodriguez on 23rd May 2022 by technical knockout in the 4th round at Gila River Arena, Glendale.

Going into that contest, he had beat Malik Hawkins on 18th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Armory, Minnesota. He was a 1/2 (-200) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Argenis Mendez on 12th December 2020 by split decision in their 10 round contest at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut.

He had beat Nick DeLomba on 28th February 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, Nevada. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favourite going into the fight.

Who's been more active?

Hitchins' last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 11 months and 1 day, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 42 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.4 rounds on average.

Hitchins is currently 3/2 (+150) to finish this fight in the 8th round, or 67/100 (-150) to win on points.

Bauza is currently 10/1 (+1000) to finish this fight in the NANth round, or +1600 (+1600) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Hitchins vs Bauza Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States, which is around 2:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Hitchins vs Bauza for In-Play Betting?

Hitchins vs Bauza will be broadcast on DAZN in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by DAZN Global.

Hitchins vs Bauza Odds History

Hitchins vs Bauza sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Hitchins vs Bauza
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Hitchins vs Bauza Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Hitchins
Bauza

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up