Feb 12 2022
Saturday

Alexandra Palace, London, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Middleweight
37-3-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-02-12T22:15:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - TBC

30-5-0

Contest odds

Jacobs 8/15 (-188)
Draw -
Ryder 13/8 (+163)

Chance of winning

63.22% 36.78%
Bovada logo

Bet on Jacobs vs Ryder
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

34
Age
33
6' 0" / 183 cm
Height
N/A
72.8" / 185 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

SD 12TKO 5UD 12SD 12UD 12
Form
UD 10UD 12TKO 3KO 7KO 2
37
Wins
30
30
By KO
17
81
KO%
57
3
Losses
5
1
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2007
Debut
2010
186
Pro rounds
217

Current rankings @ Super Middleweight

-
The Ring
5
10
WBA
4
3
WBC
14
9
WBO
11
7
IBF
-

Jacobs vs Ryder betting preview

Bookmakers make Daniel Jacobs a favourite against John Ryder when they meet in their bout on Saturday 12th February 2022 at Alexandra Palace, London, United Kingdom.

He is currently 8/15 (-188) to win the bout outright, while you can get 13/8 (+163) on John Ryder if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 64% chance of Jacobs winning while giving Ryder a 36% chance.

Jacobs opened as the favourite at 1/2 (-200).

Ryder opened at 6/4 (+150) which has shorten by -113/100 (+88).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 168 pounds (11.76 stones or 76.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Jacobs vs Ryder Head To Head

Daniel Jacobs steps into the ring with a record of 37 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 30 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

John Ryder will make his way to the ring with a record of 30 wins, 5 loses and 0 draws, with 17 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Jacobs has a large advantage in power over Ryder, boosting at 81% knock out percentage over Ryder's 57%.

Daniel Jacobs is the older man by 1 year, at 34 years old.

Daniel Jacobs fights out of the orthodox stance, while John Ryder is a southpaw.

Jacobs is arguably the more experienced fighter, having had 5 more fights, and made his debut in 2007, 2 years and 9 months earlier than Ryder, whose first professional fight was in 2010. He has fought 31 less professional rounds, 186 to Ryder's 217.

Daniel Jacobs goes into the fight ranked number 10 by the WBA, 3 by the WBC, 9 by the WBO and 7 by the IBF at super middleweight.

John Ryder is currently ranked number 4 by the WBA, 14 by the WBC, 11 by the WBO and 5 by the RING in the 168lb division.

Jacobs vs Ryder betting form

Jacobs has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he won against Gabriel Rosado on 27th November 2020 by split decision in their 12 round contest at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Florida, United States. He was a 1/4 (-400) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had won against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr on 20th December 2019 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez on 4th May 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Middleweight, WBA Super World Middleweight, WBC World Middleweight and The Ring Middleweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas. He was a 87/20 (+434) underdog going into the ring.

Before that, he had beat Sergiy Derevyanchenko on 27th October 2018 by split decision in their IBF World Middleweight championship fight at Hulu Theater @ MSG, New York. He was a 1/2 (-200) favourite going into the ring.

He had defeated Maciej Sulecki on 28th April 2018 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Barclays Center, New York. He was a 7/100 (-1428) favourite going into the ring.

Ryder has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he won against Mike Guy on 18th December 2020 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Florida, United States.

Previous to that, he had lost to Callum Smith on 23rd November 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Super Middleweight championship fight at Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom. He was a 183/25 (+732) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Bilal Akkawy on 4th May 2019 by technical knockout in the 3rd round in their WBA Interim World Super Middleweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Before that, he had defeated Andrey Sirotkin on 27th October 2018 by knockout in the 7th round in their WBA Super World Super Middleweight championship fight at Copper Box Arena, London, United Kingdom. He was a 23/100 (-434) favourite going into the contest.

Hehad beat Jamie Cox on 5th May 2018 by knockout in the 2nd round at The O2 Arena, London. He was a 4/5 (-125) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, John Ryder has been fighting more than Daniel Jacobs.

Daniel Jacobs last fought 1 year, 2 months and 2 days ago, while John Ryder's last outing was 1 year, 1 month and 11 days ago.

Jacobs' last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 9 months and 1 day, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 53 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.6 rounds on average.

Ryder's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 8 months and 24 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Jacobs vs Ryder Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:15 PM GMT at Alexandra Palace, London, United Kingdom, which is 5:15 PM EST or 2:15 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Jacobs vs Ryder for In-Play Betting?

Jacobs vs Ryder will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN.

Jacobs vs Ryder Odds History

Jacobs vs Ryder sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Jacobs vs Ryder
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Jacobs vs Ryder Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up