May 12 2024
Sunday

RAC Arena, Perth, Australia

12 rounds contest
@ Lightweight
17-3-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-05-12T13:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - TBC

21-2-0

Contest odds

Lomachenko 7/50 (-710)
Draw 21/1 (+2100)
Kambosos Jnr 9/2 (+450)

Chance of winning

82.83% 17.17%
Bovada logo

Bet on Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jnr
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

36
Age
30
5' 6" / 168 cm
Height
5' 9" / 176 cm
65.4" / 166 cm
Reach
68.1" / 173 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 12UD 12TKO 9UD 12
Form
MD 12UD 12UD 12SD 12SD 12
17
Wins
21
11
By KO
10
65
KO%
48
3
Losses
2
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2013
188
Pro rounds
166

Current rankings @ Lightweight

1
The Ring
8
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
1
WBO
-
3
IBF
2

Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr betting preview

Bookmakers made Vasyl Lomachenko a big favourite against George Kambosos when they square off in their contest on Sunday 12th May 2024 at RAC Arena, Perth, Australia.

He is currently 7/50 (-710) to win the contest outright, while you can get 9/2 (+450) on George Kambosos if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 83% chance of Lomachenko winning while giving Kambosos Jnr a 17% chance.

Lomachenko opened as the favourite at 1/6 (-590) however, that price has now got wider by 97/-100 (+100).

Kambosos Jnr opened at 4/1 (+400) which has shorten by 3/-2 (+70).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the vacant IBF lightweight championship of the world.

Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr Head To Head

Vasyl Lomachenko steps into the ring with a record of 17 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 11 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

George Kambosos will make his way to the ring with a record of 21 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 10 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Lomachenko has advantage in power over Kambosos Jnr, with a 65% knock out percentage over Kambosos Jnr's 48%.

Lomachenko is currently 5/2 (+250) to get the knockout, while Kambosos Jnr is 12/1 (+1200).

Vasyl Lomachenko is the older man by 6 years, at 36 years old.

Kambosos Jnr has a height advantage of 3 inches over Lomachenko. This also extends to a 3-inch reach advantage.

Vasyl Lomachenko fights out of the southpaw stance, while George Kambosos is an orthodox fighter.

Lomachenko's experience as a professional fighter is relatively equal to Kambosos Jnr's, having had 3 less fights, and made his debut in 2013, 4 months later than Kambosos Jnr, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 22 more professional rounds, 188 to Kambosos Jnr's 166.

If you think Kambosos Jnr will win on points, you can get odds of 17/2 (+850), while Lomachenko is 53/100 (-190) to win on the scorecards.

Vasyl Lomachenko goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 1 by the RING at lightweight.

George Kambosos is currently ranked number 2 by the IBF and 8 by the RING in the 135lb division.

Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr betting form

Lomachenko has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he lost to Devin Haney on 20th May 2023 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Lightweight, WBA Super World Lightweight, WBC World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 39/20 (+200) underdog going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Jamaine Ortiz on 29th October 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beat Richard Commey on 11th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Masayoshi Nakatani on 26th June 2021 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the fight.

He had been beaten by Teofimo Lopez on 17th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight, IBF World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada.

George Kambosos has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Maxi Hughes on 22nd July 2023 by majority decision in their IBF World Lightweight eliminator fight at FireLake Arena, Shawnee, United States. He was a 2/7 (-340) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had lost to Devin Haney on 16th October 2022 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Lightweight, WBA Super World Lightweight, WBC World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia. He was a 11/2 (+550) underdog going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Devin Haney on 5th June 2022 by unanimous decision in their The Ring Lightweight, WBA World Lightweight, IBF World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at Marvel Stadium, Melbourne. He was a 137/100 (+140) underdog going into the ring.

Before that, he had beat Teofimo Lopez on 27th November 2021 by split decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight and IBF World Lightweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States. He was a 6/1 (+600) underdog going into the ring.

He had defeated Lee Selby on 31st October 2020 by split decision in their IBF World Lightweight eliminator fight at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London, United Kingdom. He was a 73/100 (-140) favourite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, George Kambosos has been fighting more than Vasyl Lomachenko.

Vasyl Lomachenko last fought 11 months and 22 days ago, while George Kambosos' last outing was 9 months and 20 days ago.

Lomachenko's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 25 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 17 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 57 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.4 rounds on average.

Lomachenko is currently 5/2 (+250) to finish this fight in the 11th round, or 53/100 (-190) to win on points.

Kambosos Jnr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 14 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 60 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 12 rounds on average.

Kambosos Jnr is currently 12/1 (+1200) to finish this fight in the 12th round, or +850 (+850) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jnr Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 1:00 PM UTC at RAC Arena, Perth, Australia, which is 9:00 AM EST or 6:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 2:00 PM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jnr for In-Play Betting?

Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr will be broadcast on Sky Sports Arena in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by ESPN.

Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr Odds History

Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jnr
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Lomachenko
Kambosos Jnr

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up