Nov 27 2021
Saturday

Hulu Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Lightweight
16-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2021-11-27T02:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - TBC

19-0-0

Contest odds

Lopez 1/12 (-1249)
Draw 25/1 (+2500)
Kambosos Jnr 11/2 (+550)

Chance of winning

85.76% 14.24%
Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

24
Age
28
5' 8" / 173 cm
Height
5' 9" / 176 cm
68.5" / 174 cm
Reach
68.1" / 173 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12TKO 2UD 12KO 5KO 7
Form
SD 12SD 10TKO 6UD 8TKO 2
16
Wins
19
12
By KO
10
75
KO%
53
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2016
Debut
2013
72
Pro rounds
118

Current rankings @ Lightweight

-
The Ring
8
-
WBA
10
-
WBC
10
-
WBO
2
-
IBF
1

Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr betting preview

Bookmakers make Teofimo Lopez a massive favourite against George Kambosos Jnr when they meet in their bout on Saturday 27th November 2021 at Hulu Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York, United States.

He is currently 1/12 (-1249) to win the bout outright, while you can get 11/2 (+550) on George Kambosos Jnr if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 86% chance of Lopez winning while giving Kambosos Jnr a 14% chance.

Lopez opened as the favourite at 1/10 (-999).

Kambosos Jnr opened at 11/2 (+550).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the unified lightweight championship of the world, with the WBA, IBF & WBO belts on the line.

Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr Head To Head

Teofimo Lopez steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 16 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 12 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

George Kambosos Jnr will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 19 wins and 0 draws, with 10 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Lopez has a large advantage in power over Kambosos Jnr, boosting at 75% knock out percentage over Kambosos Jnr's 53%.

Teofimo Lopez is the younger man by 4 years, at 24 years old.

Kambosos Jnr has a height advantage of 1 inch over Lopez. Despite this, he has 1-inch reach advantage.

Both Teofimo Lopez & George Kambosos Jnr fight out of an orthodox stance.

Lopez is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 3 less fights, and made his debut in 2016, 3 year and 5 months later than Kambosos Jnr, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 46 less professional rounds, 72 to Kambosos Jnr's 118.

George Kambosos Jnr is currently ranked number 10 by the WBA, 10 by the WBC, 2 by the WBO, 1 by the IBF and 8 by the RING in the 135lb division.

Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr betting form

Lopez remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Vasyl Lomachenko on 17th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBA Super World Lightweight, IBF World Lightweight and WBO World Lightweight championship fight at The Bubble, MGM Grand, Nevada, United States.

Previous to that, he had won against Richard Commey on 14th December 2019 by technical knockout in the 2nd round in their IBF World Lightweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 37/100 (-270) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat Masayoshi Nakatani on 19th July 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Lightweight eliminator fight at MGM National Harbor, Maryland. He was a 1/50 (-4999) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Edis Tatli on 20th April 2019 by knockout in the 5th round at Madison Square Garden, New York. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the ring.

He had won against Diego Magdaleno on 2nd February 2019 by knockout in the 7th round at The Ford Center at The Star, Texas. He was a 1/25 (-2499) favourite going into the ring.

Kambosos Jnr remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Lee Selby on 31st October 2020 by split decision in their IBF World Lightweight eliminator fight at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London, United Kingdom. He was a 73/100 (-136) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had defeated Mickey Bey on 14th December 2019 by split decision in their 10 round contest at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States.

Going into that contest, he had beat Richard Pena on 7th June 2019 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Olympic Hall Galatsi, Athens, Greece.

Before that, he had won against Rey Perez on 19th January 2019 by unanimous decision in their 8 round contest at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States.

Hehad beat JR Magboo on 15th July 2018 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Axiata Arena, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Teofimo Lopez has been fighting more than George Kambosos Jnr.

Teofimo Lopez last fought 1 year and 10 days ago, while George Kambosos Jnr's last outing was 11 months and 26 days ago.

Lopez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 8 months and 25 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 18 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

Kambosos Jnr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 3 months and 12 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 28 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 38 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.6 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST at Hulu Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York, United States, which is around 2:00 AM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr for In-Play Betting?

Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr will be broadcast on DAZN in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by DAZN Global.

Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr Odds History

Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Lopez vs Kambosos Jnr Betting Markets

Lopez
Kambosos Jnr

Total rounds

Under 2.5
Total rounds 2.5
Over 2.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under Rounds
Total rounds Rounds
Over Rounds