Aug 10 2024
Saturday

Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Featherweight
VS
30-2-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-08-11T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 10:00pm EST / UK - Sun 2:00am

24-1-0

Contest odds

Lopez 1/7 (-710)
Draw -
Leo 9/2 (+450)

Chance of winning

82.83% 17.17%
Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Leo
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

30
Age
30
5' 4" / 163 cm
Height
5' 6" / 168 cm
66.5" / 169 cm
Reach
68.9" / 175 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 8UD 12KO 5MD 12KO 7
Form
UD 10KO 3TKO 9MD 10UD 12
30
Wins
24
17
By KO
11
57
KO%
46
2
Losses
1
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2015
Debut
2012
183
Pro rounds
155

Current rankings @ Featherweight

1
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
11

Lopez vs Leo betting preview

Bookmakers made Luis Alberto Lopez a big favorite against Angelo Leo when they face off in their fight on Saturday 10th August 2024 at Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, United States.

He is currently 1/7 (-710) to win the fight outright, while you can get 9/2 (+450) on Angelo Leo if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 83% chance of Lopez winning while giving Leo a 17% chance.

Lopez opened as the favorite at 1/5 (-500) however, that price has now got wider by -47/50 (+110).

Leo opened at 7/2 (+350) which has shorten by -2/1 (+50).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 126 pounds (8.82 stones or 57.27 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the IBF featherweight championship of the world.

Lopez vs Leo Head To Head

Luis Alberto Lopez steps into the ring with a record of 30 wins, 2 losses, and 0 draws, 17 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Angelo Leo will make his way to the ring with a record of 24 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 11 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Lopez has an advantage in power over Leo, with a 57% knockout percentage compared to Leo's 46%.

Luis Alberto Lopez is the same age as Angelo Leo, at 30 years old.

Leo has a height advantage of 2 inches over Lopez. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Luis Alberto Lopez and Angelo Leo fight out of an orthodox stance.

Lopez is arguably the more experienced fighter, having had 7 more fights, and made his debut in 2015, 2 years and 11 months later than Leo, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 28 more professional rounds, totaling 183 compared to Leo's 155.

Luis Alberto Lopez goes into the fight ranked number 1 by The Ring at featherweight.

Angelo Leo is currently ranked number 11 by the IBF in the 126lb division.

Lopez vs Leo betting form

Lopez has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 3 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Reiya Abe on March 2, 2024, by technical knockout in the 8th round in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, United States. He was a 1/8 (-830) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had defeated Joet Gonzalez on September 15, 2023, by unanimous decision in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at American Bank Arena, Corpus Christi. He was a 1/7 (-710) favorite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Michael Conlan on May 27, 2023, by knockout in the 5th round in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at The SSE Arena (Odyssey Arena), Belfast, United Kingdom. He was a 11/10 (+110) underdog going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Josh Warrington on December 10, 2022, by majority decision in their IBF World Featherweight championship fight at First Direct Arena, Leeds. He was a 11/10 (+110) underdog going into the fight.

He had beaten Isaac Lowe on December 3, 2021, by knockout in the 7th round at York Hall, London. He was a 1/4 (-400) favorite going into the fight.

Leo has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Eduardo Baez on April 10, 2024, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Whitesands Events Center, Plant City, United States. He was a 1/7 (-710) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had defeated Mike Plania on January 31, 2024, by knockout in the 3rd round at Whitesands Events Center, Plant City. He was a 1/8 (-770) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had won against Nicolas Polanco on November 1, 2023, by technical knockout in the 9th round at Whitesands Events Center, Plant City.

Before that, he had defeated Aaron Alameda on June 19, 2021, by majority decision in their 10 round contest at Toyota Center, Texas.

He had been beaten by Stephen Fulton on January 23, 2021, by unanimous decision in their WBO World Junior Featherweight championship fight at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Luis Alberto Lopez has been fighting more than Angelo Leo.

Luis Alberto Lopez last fought 5 months and 8 days ago, while Angelo Leo's last outing was 4 months ago.

Lopez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 8 months and 7 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 6 months and 15 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 44 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.8 rounds on average.

Leo's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 18 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 16 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 44 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Lopez vs Leo Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, United States, which is around 4:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Lopez vs Leo for In-Play Betting?

The ESPN show is expected to begin at 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST. The Sky Sports Action broadcast of the card is expected to start at 2:00 AM (BST).

Lopez vs Leo Odds History

Lopez vs Leo sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Lopez vs Leo
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Lopez vs Leo Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up