Jul 27 2024
Saturday

The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Bantamweight
VS
15-0-1

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-07-27T20:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - N/A

16-4-1

Contest odds

McCann 9/25 (-280)
Draw -
Baluta 11/5 (+220)

Chance of winning

70.18% 29.82%
Bovada logo

Bet on McCann vs Baluta
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

23
Age
30
5' 7" / 170 cm
Height
5' 10" / 179 cm
N/A
Reach
72.8" / 185 cm
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12TD 9TKO 8TKO 8UD 8
Form
TD 9SD 10UD 12UD 10MD 12
15
Wins
16
8
By KO
3
53
KO%
19
0
Losses
4
0
Stopped
0
1
Draws
1
2019
Debut
2016
89
Pro rounds
147

Current rankings @ Super Bantamweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
12
8
WBO
-
15
IBF
-

McCann vs Baluta II betting preview

Bookmakers made Dennis McCann a strong favorite against Ionut Baluta when they face off in their fight on Saturday 27th July 2024 at The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom.

He is currently 9/25 (-280) to win the fight outright, while you can get 11/5 (+220) on Ionut Baluta if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 71% chance of McCann winning while giving Baluta a 29% chance.

McCann opened as the favorite at 4/11 (-280).

Baluta opened at 21/10 (+210) which has shorten by 11/-10 (+90).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 122 pounds (8.54 stones or 55.45 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

McCann vs Baluta II Head To Head

Dennis McCann steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 15 wins, zero losses, and 1 draw, 8 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Ionut Baluta will make his way to the ring with a record of 16 wins, 4 losses and 1 draw, with 3 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest McCann has a massive power advantage over Baluta, boasting a 53% knockout percentage compared to Baluta's 19%.

Dennis McCann is the younger man by 7 years, at 23 years old.

Baluta has a height advantage of 3 inches over McCann.

Dennis McCann fights out of the southpaw stance, while Ionut Baluta is an orthodox fighter.

McCann is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 5 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2019, 3 years and 1 month later than Baluta, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 58 fewer professional rounds, totaling 89 compared to Baluta's 147.

Dennis McCann goes into the fight ranked number 8 by the WBO, and 15 by the IBF at super bantamweight.

Ionut Baluta is currently ranked number 12 by the WBC in the 122lb division.

McCann vs Baluta II betting form

McCann remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his recent opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Brad Strand on March 16, 2024, by unanimous decision in their BBBOC British Super Bantamweight and CBC Commonwealth Super Bantamweight championship fight at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom. He was a 33/100 (-290) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had drawn with Ionut Baluta on August 18, 2023, by technical draw in their 9 round contest at York Hall, London. He was a 1/6 (-590) favorite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Joe Ham on November 26, 2022, by technical knockout in the 8th round in their CBC Commonwealth Super Bantamweight championship fight at O2 Arena, Greenwich. He was a 1/33 (-3300) favorite going into the fight.

Before that, he had beaten James Beech Jnr on July 16, 2022, by technical knockout in the 8th round at Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Hackney Wick.

He had won against Charles Tondo on March 19, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 8 round contest at Wembley Arena, Wembley.

Ionut Baluta has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he drew Dennis McCann on August 18, 2023, by technical draw in their 9 round contest at York Hall, London, United Kingdom. He was a 4/1 (+400) underdog going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had beaten Andrew Cain on March 25, 2023, by split decision in their 10 round contest at Telford International Centre, Telford. He was a 7/2 (+350) underdog going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Liam Davies on November 19, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Telford International Centre, Telford. He was a 6/4 (+150) underdog going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Brad Foster on May 20, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at York Hall, London. He was a 1/1 (+100) underdog going into the ring.

He had lost to Michael Conlan on April 30, 2021, by majority decision in their 12 round contest at York Hall, London.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Dennis McCann has been fighting more than Ionut Baluta.

Dennis McCann last fought 4 months and 11 days ago, while Ionut Baluta's last outing was 11 months and 9 days ago.

McCann's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 8 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 5 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 45 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9 rounds on average.

Baluta's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 2 months and 27 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 24 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 53 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.6 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on McCann vs Baluta Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 9:00 PM BST at The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom, which is 4:00 PM EST or 1:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch McCann vs Baluta for In-Play Betting?

McCann vs Baluta II will be broadcast on TNT Sports 1 in the UK.

McCann vs Baluta II Odds History

McCann vs Baluta II sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on McCann vs Baluta
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All McCann vs Baluta II Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up