Mar 16 2024
Saturday

Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom

10 rounds contest
@ Super Bantamweight
14-0-1

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-16T20:15:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - N/A

11-0-0

Contest odds

McCann 9/25 (-280)
Draw -
Strand 11/5 (+220)

Chance of winning

70.18% 29.82%
Bovada logo

Bet on McCann vs Strand
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

23
Age
27
5' 7" / 170 cm
Height
N/A
N/A
Reach
N/A
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TD 9TKO 8TKO 8UD 8PTS 8
Form
14
Wins
11
8
By KO
3
57
KO%
27
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
1
Draws
0
2019
Debut
2019
77
Pro rounds
54

Current rankings @ Super Bantamweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
12
WBO
13
-
IBF
-

McCann vs Strand betting preview

Bookmakers made Dennis McCann a strong favourite against Brad Strand when they square off in their contest on Saturday 16th March 2024 at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom.

He is currently 9/25 (-280) to win the contest outright, while you can get 11/5 (+220) on Brad Strand if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 71% chance of McCann winning while giving Strand a 29% chance.

McCann opened as the favourite at 1/3 (-300) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).

Strand opened at 9/4 (+230).

The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Super Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 122 pounds (8.54 stones or 55.45 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

McCann vs Strand Head To Head

Dennis McCann steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 14 wins, zero loses and 1 draw, 8 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Brad Strand will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 11 wins and 0 draws, with 3 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest McCann has a large advantage in power over Strand, boosting at 57% knock out percentage over Strand's 27%.

Dennis McCann is the younger man by 4 years, at 23 years old.

Dennis McCann fights out of the southpaw stance, while Brad Strand is an orthodox fighter.

McCann is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 4 more fights, and made his debut in 2019, 2 months later than Strand, whose first professional fight was in 2019. He has fought 23 more professional rounds, 77 to Strand's 54.

Dennis McCann goes into the fight ranked number 12 by the WBO at super bantamweight.

Brad Strand is currently ranked number 13 by the WBO in the 122lb division.

McCann vs Strand betting form

McCann remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his recent opponents.

In his last fight, he drew Ionut Baluta on 18th August 2023 by technical draw in their 9 round contest at York Hall, London, United Kingdom. He was a 1/6 (-590) favourite going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had won against Joe Ham on 26th November 2022 by technical knockout in the 8th round in their CBC Commonwealth Super Bantamweight championship fight at O2 Arena, Greenwich. He was a 1/33 (-3300) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beat James Beech Jnr on 16th July 2022 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Hackney Wick.

Before that, he had defeated Charles Tondo on 19th March 2022 by unanimous decision in their 8 round contest at Wembley Arena, Wembley.

He had won against Juan Jose Jurado on 5th December 2021 by points in the 8th round at Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Hackney Wick.

Who's been more active?

McCann's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 15 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 41 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on McCann vs Strand Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 8:15 PM GMT at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom, which is 4:15 PM EST or 1:15 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch McCann vs Strand for In-Play Betting?

McCann vs Strand will be broadcast on TNT Sports 1 in the UK.

McCann vs Strand Odds History

McCann vs Strand sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on McCann vs Strand
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All McCann vs Strand Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up