Centre Videotron, Quebec City, Canada
broadcast start time:
US - TBC / UK - Sun 2:00am
Chance of winning
Bet on Moloney vs Sanchez
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs
Bookmakers made Jason Moloney a strong favourite against Saul Sanchez when they face off in their fight on Saturday 13th January 2024 at Centre Videotron, Quebec City, Canada.
He is currently 2/7 (-340) to win the fight outright, while you can get 13/5 (+260) on Saul Sanchez if you fancy the upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 74% chance of Moloney winning while giving Sanchez a 26% chance.
Moloney opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400) however, that price has shortened by 26/-25 (+100).
Sanchez opened at 11/4 (+280) which has got wider by -17/20 (+120).
The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 118 pounds (8.26 stones or 53.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
This contest is for the WBO bantamweight championship of the world.
Moloney vs Sanchez Head To Head
Jason Moloney steps into the ring with a record of 26 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, 19 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.
Saul Sanchez will make his way to the ring with a record of 20 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 12 of those wins by knock out.
The stats suggest Moloney has advantage in power over Sanchez, with a 73% knock out percentage over Sanchez's 60%.
Jason Moloney is the older man by 6 years, at 32 years old.
Both Jason Moloney & Saul Sanchez fight out of an orthodox stance.
Moloney is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 6 more fights, and made his debut in 2014, 1 year and 5 months earlier than Sanchez, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 56 more professional rounds, 162 to Sanchez's 106.
Jason Moloney goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the RING at bantamweight.
Saul Sanchez is currently ranked number 7 by the WBO in the 118lb division.
Moloney vs Sanchez betting form
Moloney has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 4 times.
In his last fight, he defeated Vincent Astrolabio on 13th May 2023 by majority decision in their WBO World Bantamweight championship fight at Stockton Arena, Stockton, United States. He was a 67/100 (-150) favourite going into the fight.
Previous to that, he had defeated Nawaphon Kaikanha on 16th October 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia.
Going into that contest, he had beat Aston Palicte on 5th June 2022 by technical knockout in the 3rd round at Marvel Stadium, Victoria.
Before that, he had won against Francisco Pedroza on 9th April 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at The Hangar, California, United States.
He had beat Joshua Greer Jr on 14th August 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Oklahoma.
Who's been more active?
Moloney's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 30 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 25 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 47 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.4 rounds on average.
Sanchez's last 4 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 3 months and 4 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 24 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 11 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.8 rounds on average.
What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Moloney vs Sanchez Pre Fight?
The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 2:00 AM UTC at Centre Videotron, Quebec City, Canada, which is 9:00 PM EST or 6:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America, or 2:00 AM GMT in the UK.