Feb 27 2022
Sunday

The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Cruiserweight
17-0-0

Est. ringwalk:

2022-02-27T22:15:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - TBC

21-1-0

Contest odds

Okolie 1/8 (-769)
Draw -
Cieslak 11/2 (+550)

Chance of winning

85.19% 14.81%
Bovada logo

Bet on Okolie vs Cieslak
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

29
Age
32
6' 5" / 196 cm
Height
6' 3" / 190 cm
N/A
Reach
79.1" / 201 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 3KO 6TKO 2TKO 7TKO 7
Form
KO 6UD 12KO 2TKO 7TKO 5
17
Wins
21
14
By KO
15
82
KO%
71
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2017
Debut
2013
72
Pro rounds
103

Current rankings @ Cruiserweight

3
The Ring
8
-
WBA
9
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
2
-
IBF
-

Okolie vs Cieslak betting preview

Bookmakers make Lawrence Okolie a massive favourite against Michal Cieslak when they meet in their bout on Sunday 27th February 2022 at The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom.

He is currently 1/8 (-769) to win the bout outright, while you can get 11/2 (+550) on Michal Cieslak if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 86% chance of Okolie winning while giving Cieslak a 14% chance.

Okolie opened as the favourite at 1/9 (-909).

Cieslak opened at 5/1 (+500) which has shorten by 3/-2 (+66).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Cruiserweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 200 pounds (14 stones or 90.91 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBO cruiserweight championship of the world.

Okolie vs Cieslak Head To Head

Lawrence Okolie steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 17 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 14 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Michal Cieslak will make his way to the ring with a record of 21 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 15 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Okolie has advantage in power over Cieslak, with a 82% knock out percentage over Cieslak's 71%.

Lawrence Okolie is the younger man by 3 years, at 29 years old.

Okolie has a height advantage of 2 inches over Cieslak.

Both Lawrence Okolie & Michal Cieslak fight out of an orthodox stance.

Okolie is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 5 less fights, and made his debut in 2017, 3 year and 8 months later than Cieslak, whose first professional fight was in 2013. He has fought 31 less professional rounds, 72 to Cieslak's 103.

Lawrence Okolie goes into the fight ranked number 3 by the RING at cruiserweight.

Michal Cieslak is currently ranked number 9 by the WBA, 2 by the WBO and 8 by the RING in the 200lb division.

Okolie vs Cieslak betting form

Okolie remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 5 of his recent opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Dilan Prasovic on 25th September 2021 by knockout in the 3rd round in their WBO World Cruiserweight championship fight at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had beat Krzysztof Glowacki on 20th March 2021 by knockout in the 6th round in their WBO World Cruiserweight championship fight at Wembley (SSE) Arena, London. He was a 1/5 (-500) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Nikodem Jezewski on 12th December 2020 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Wembley Arena, London.

Before that, he had beat Yves Ngabu on 26th October 2019 by technical knockout in the 7th round at O2 Arena, London. He was a 7/25 (-357) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Mariano Angel Gudino on 20th July 2019 by technical knockout in the 7th round at O2 Arena, London. He was a 3/100 (-3333) favourite going into the contest.

Michal Cieslak has stopped 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Taylor Mabika on 5th December 2020 by knockout in the 6th round at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Conference Centre, Warsaw, Poland.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Ilunga Makabu on 31st January 2020 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Cruiserweight championship fight at Kinshasa, Congo, The Democratic Republic of The. He was a 31/20 (+154) underdog going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had won against Olanrewaju Durodola on 31st May 2019 by knockout in the 2nd round at MZOS Pruszków, ul. Bohaterów Warszawy 4, Pruszków, Poland.

Before that, he had defeated Youri Kayembre Kalenga on 1st March 2019 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Arena Hall, ul. B. Chrobrego 50B, Legionowo.

Hehad beat Dusan Krstin on 16th June 2018 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Torwar Sport Hall, Warsaw.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Lawrence Okolie has been fighting more than Michal Cieslak.

Lawrence Okolie last fought 4 months and 4 days ago, while Michal Cieslak's last outing was 1 year, 1 month and 24 days ago.

Okolie's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 3 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 25 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5 rounds on average.

Cieslak's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 7 months and 13 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 32 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.4 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Okolie vs Cieslak Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:15 PM GMT at The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom, which is 5:15 PM EST or 2:15 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Okolie vs Cieslak for In-Play Betting?

Okolie vs Cieslak will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN.

Okolie vs Cieslak Odds History

Okolie vs Cieslak sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Okolie vs Cieslak
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Okolie vs Cieslak Betting Markets

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up