Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
broadcast start time:
US - Sat 2:00pm EST / UK - Sat 7:00pm
Chance of winning
Bet on Opetaia vs Zorro
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs
Bookmakers made Jai Opetaia a massive favourite against Ellis Zorro when they meet in their bout on Saturday 23rd December 2023 at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
He is currently 1/20 (-2000) to win the bout outright, while you can get 10/1 (+1000) on Ellis Zorro if you fancy the massive upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 92% chance of Opetaia winning while giving Zorro a 8% chance.
Opetaia opened as the favourite at 1/25 (-2500).
Zorro opened at 9/1 (+900) which has shorten by -2/1 (+50).
The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Cruiserweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 200 pounds (14 stones or 90.91 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
This contest is for the unified cruiserweight championship of the world, with the The Ring & IBF belts on the line.
Opetaia vs Zorro Head To Head
Jai Opetaia steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 23 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 18 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.
Ellis Zorro will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 17 wins and 0 draws, with 7 of those by knock out.
The stats suggest Opetaia has a massive power advantage over Zorro, boosting at 78% knock out percentage over Zorro's 41%.
Opetaia is currently 1/5 (-500) to get the knockout, while Zorro is 16/1 (+1600).
Jai Opetaia is the younger man by 3 years, at 28 years old.
Zorro has a height advantage of 1 inch over Opetaia.
Jai Opetaia fights out of the southpaw stance, while Ellis Zorro is an orthodox fighter.
Opetaia is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 6 more fights, and made his debut in 2015, 2 years and 4 months earlier than Zorro, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 31 more professional rounds, 101 to Zorro's 70.
If you think Zorro will win on points, you can get odds of 28/1 (+2800), while Opetaia is 4/1 (+400) to win on the scorecards.
Ellis Zorro is currently ranked number 14 by the WBA and 11 by the WBO in the 200lb division.
Opetaia vs Zorro betting form
Opetaia remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he won against Jordan Thompson on 30th September 2023 by technical knockout in the 4th round in their IBF World Cruiserweight and The Ring Cruiserweight championship fight at Wembley Arena, Wembley, United Kingdom. He was a 4/25 (-630) favourite going into the ring.
Previous to that, he had won against Mairis Briedis on 2nd July 2022 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Cruiserweight and The Ring Cruiserweight championship fight at Gold Coast Convention Centre, Queensland, Australia. He was a 8/5 (+160) underdog going into the ring.
Going into that contest, he had beat Daniel Russell on 4th December 2021 by technical knockout in the 3rd round at Fortitude Music Hall, Queensland.
Before that, he had defeated Benjamin Kelleher on 22nd October 2020 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Fortitude Music Hall, Queensland.
He had won against Mark Flanagan on 16th November 2019 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Hordern Pavilion, New South Wales.
Zorro remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 1 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he defeated Luca D’Ortenzi on 6th October 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at York Hall, Bethnal Green, United Kingdom. He was a 1/8 (-770) favourite going into the contest.
Previous to that, he had defeated Hosea Burton on 12th May 2023 by technical knockout in the 7th round at York Hall, London. He was a 1/2 (-210) favourite going into the contest.
Going into that contest, he had beat Dec Spelman on 16th September 2022 by points in the 8th round at York Hall, Bethnal Green.
Before that, he had won against James Farrell on 14th May 2022 by points in the 3rd round at Victoria Warehouse, Trafford Road, Lancashire. He was a 9/20 (-220) favourite going into the contest.
He had beat Ricky Reeves on 14th May 2022 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at Victoria Warehouse, Trafford Road, Lancashire.
Who's been more active?
If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Ellis Zorro has been fighting more than Jai Opetaia.
Jai Opetaia last fought 2 months and 23 days ago, while Ellis Zorro's last outing was 2 months and 17 days ago.
Opetaia's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 1 month and 7 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 33 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.6 rounds on average.
Opetaia is currently 1/5 (-500) to finish this fight in the 6th round, or 4/1 (+400) to win on points.
Zorro's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 7 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 3 months and 27 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 31 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.2 rounds on average.
Zorro is currently 16/1 (+1600) to finish this fight in the 6th round, or +2800 (+2800) to win on points.
What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Opetaia vs Zorro Pre Fight?
The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 8:20 PM UTC at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which is 3:20 PM EST or 12:20 PM PST on the West Coast of America, or 8:20 PM GMT in the UK.