Aug 03 2024
Saturday

BMO Stadium, Los Angeles, United States

10 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
VS
35-2-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-08-04T01:30:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

26-1-1

Contest odds

Ruiz Jr 1/3 (-300)
Draw -
Miller 12/5 (+240)

Chance of winning

71.88% 28.12%
Bovada logo

Bet on Ruiz Jr vs Miller
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

34
Age
35
6' 2" / 188 cm
Height
6' 4" / 193 cm
74" / 188 cm
Reach
78" / 198 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12UD 12UD 12TKO 7TKO 5
Form
TKO 10TKO 6TKO 4UD 10KO 4
35
Wins
26
22
By KO
22
63
KO%
85
2
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
1
2009
Debut
2009
187
Pro rounds
119

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Ruiz vs Miller betting preview

Bookmakers made Andy Ruiz Jr a strong favorite against Jarrell Miller when they square off in their contest on Saturday 3rd August 2024 at BMO Stadium, Los Angeles, United States.

He is currently 1/3 (-300) to win the contest outright, while you can get 12/5 (+240) on Jarrell Miller if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 72% chance of Ruiz Jr winning while giving Miller a 28% chance.

Ruiz Jr opened as the favorite at 1/4 (-400) however, that price has shortened by -27/25 (+90).

Miller opened at 11/4 (+280) which has got wider by -13/20 (+150).

The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Ruiz vs Miller Head To Head

Andy Ruiz Jr steps into the ring with a record of 35 wins, 2 losses, and 0 draws, 22 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Jarrell Miller will make his way to the ring with a record of 26 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw, with 22 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Miller has a large advantage in power over Ruiz Jr, boasting a 85% knockout percentage compared to Ruiz Jr's 63%.

Andy Ruiz Jr is the younger man by 1 year, at 34 years old.

Miller has a height advantage of 2 inches over Ruiz Jr. This also extends to a 4-inch reach advantage.

Both Andy Ruiz Jr and Jarrell Miller fight out of an orthodox stance.

Ruiz Jr is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 9 more fights, and made his debut in 2009, 3 months earlier than Miller, whose first professional fight was in 2009. He has fought 68 more professional rounds, totaling 187 compared to Miller's 119.

Ruiz vs Miller betting form

Ruiz Jr has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Luis Ortiz on September 4, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, United States. He was a 33/100 (-300) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had defeated Chris Arreola on May 1, 2021, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favorite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Anthony Joshua on December 7, 2019, by unanimous decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Diriyah Arena, Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 47/25 (+190) underdog going into the fight.

Before that, he had beaten Anthony Joshua on June 1, 2019, by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States. He was a 5/2 (+250) underdog going into the fight.

He had won against Alexander Dimitrenko on April 20, 2019, by technical knockout in the 5th round at Dignity Health Sports Park, California. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favorite going into the fight.

Miller has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he lost to Daniel Dubois on December 23, 2023, by technical knockout in the 10th round at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 2/1 (+200) underdog going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had beaten Lucas Browne on March 18, 2023, by technical knockout in the 6th round at Agenda Arena, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. He was a 7/50 (-770) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Derek Cardenas on July 26, 2022, by technical knockout in the 4th round at Embassy Suites Nashville SE, Murfreesboro, United States.

Before that, he had won against Ariel Esteban Bracamonte on June 23, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Casino Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina.

He had defeated Bogdan Dinu on November 17, 2018, by knockout in the 4th round at Kansas Star Arena, Kansas, United States. He was a 2/25 (-1200) favorite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Andy Ruiz Jr has been fighting more than Jarrell Miller.

Andy Ruiz Jr last fought 1 year, 10 months and 30 days ago, while Jarrell Miller's last outing was 7 months and 11 days ago.

Ruiz Jr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 5 years, 3 months and 14 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 1 year and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 48 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.6 rounds on average.

Miller's last 5 fights have come over a period of 5 years, 8 months and 17 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 1 month and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Ruiz Jr vs Miller Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 9:30 PM EST / 6:30 PM PST at BMO Stadium, Los Angeles, United States, which is around 2:30 AM BST in the UK.

Ruiz vs Miller Odds History

Ruiz vs Miller sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Ruiz Jr vs Miller
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Ruiz vs Miller Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up