Mar 23 2024
Saturday

Utilita, Sheffield, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Lightweight
15-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-23T22:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - TBC

37-4-0

Contest odds

Smith 2/5 (-250)
Draw -
Zepeda 2/1 (+200)

Chance of winning

68.18% 31.82%
Bovada logo

Bet on Smith vs Zepeda
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

27
Age
34
5' 9" / 176 cm
Height
5' 8" / 173 cm
69.3" / 176 cm
Reach
70.5" / 179 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Southpaw (L)

Full record

TKO 7UD 12UD 12TKO 6TKO 10
Form
UD 12UD 10TKO 11TKO 2TKO 1
15
Wins
37
11
By KO
28
73
KO%
76
0
Losses
4
0
Stopped
2
0
Draws
0
2019
Debut
2009
93
Pro rounds
192

Current rankings @ Super Lightweight

-
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
12
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Smith vs Zepeda betting preview

Bookmakers made Dalton Smith a strong favourite against Jose Zepeda when they face off in their fight on Saturday 23rd March 2024 at Utilita, Sheffield, United Kingdom.

He is currently 2/5 (-250) to win the fight outright, while you can get 2/1 (+200) on Jose Zepeda if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 69% chance of Smith winning while giving Zepeda a 31% chance.

Smith opened as the favourite at 4/11 (-280) however, that price has shortened by 26/-25 (+100).

Zepeda opened at 21/10 (+210) which has got wider by -9/10 (+110).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Smith vs Zepeda Head To Head

Dalton Smith steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 15 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 11 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Jose Zepeda will make his way to the ring with a record of 37 wins, 4 loses and 0 draws, with 28 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Zepeda has a slight advantage in power over Smith, with a 76% knock out percentage over Smith's 73%.

Dalton Smith is the younger man by 7 years, at 27 years old.

Smith has a height advantage of 1 inch over Zepeda. Despite this, Zepeda has 1-inch reach advantage.

Dalton Smith fights out of the orthodox stance, while Jose Zepeda is a southpaw.

Smith is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 26 less fights, and made his debut in 2019, 9 year and 4 months later than Zepeda, whose first professional fight was in 2009. He has fought 99 less professional rounds, 93 to Zepeda's 192.

Dalton Smith goes into the fight ranked number 12 by the WBC at super lightweight.

Smith vs Zepeda betting form

Smith remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Sam Maxwell on 1st July 2023 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their BBBOC British Super Lightweight and CBC Commonwealth Super Lightweight championship fight at Utilita Arena, Sheffield, United Kingdom. He was a 1/10 (-1100) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Billy Allington on 18th February 2023 by unanimous decision in their BBBOC British Super Lightweight championship fight at Nottingham Arena, Nottingham. He was a 1/40 (-5000) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beat Kaisee Benjamin on 12th November 2022 by unanimous decision in their BBBOC British Super Lightweight championship fight at Manchester Arena, Manchester.

Before that, he had won against Sam O’Maison on 6th August 2022 by technical knockout in the 6th round in their BBBOC British Super Lightweight championship fight at Sheffield Arena, Yorkshire.

He had beat Ray Moylette on 26th March 2022 by technical knockout in the 10th round at First Direct Arena, Yorkshire. He was a 2/25 (-1200) favourite going into the fight.

Zepeda has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he lost to Richardson Hitchins on 23rd September 2023 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Caribe Royale Orlando, Orlando, United States. He was a 3/1 (+300) underdog going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had defeated Neeraj Goyat on 25th March 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Domo Alcalde, Guadalajara, Mexico. He was a 1/33 (-3300) favourite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Regis Prograis on 26th November 2022 by technical knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Super Lightweight championship fight at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, United States. He was a 3/1 (+300) underdog going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against Francisco Javier Perez on 19th March 2022 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Gimnasio Municipal "Jose Neri Santos", Chihuahua, Mexico.

He had defeated Josue Vargas on 30th October 2021 by technical knockout in the 1st round at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States. He was a 1/1 (+100) underdog going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Dalton Smith has been fighting more than Jose Zepeda.

Dalton Smith last fought 8 months and 22 days ago, while Jose Zepeda's last outing was 6 months ago.

Smith's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 11 months and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 25 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 47 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.4 rounds on average.

Zepeda's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 22 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 24 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 36 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Smith vs Zepeda Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM GMT at Utilita, Sheffield, United Kingdom, which is 6:00 PM EST or 3:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Smith vs Zepeda for In-Play Betting?

Smith vs Zepeda will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN.

Smith vs Zepeda Odds History

Smith vs Zepeda sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Smith vs Zepeda
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Smith vs Zepeda Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up