Saturday 29th April 2023
Potentially

in the United States

12 rounds contest
@ Welterweight
14-0-0
19-0-0

Contest odds

Stanionis 2/1 (+200)
Draw -
Ortiz Jr 4/11 (-280)

Chance of winning

31.19% 68.81%
Bovada logo

Bet on Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

28
Age
24
5' 8" / 173 cm
Height
5' 10" / 178 cm
68.1" / 173 cm
Reach
70.1" / 178 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

SD 12UD 12KO 9KO 9
Form
TKO 9TKO 8TKO 7KO 7KO 5
14
Wins
19
9
By KO
19
64
KO%
100
0
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
N/A
Debut
2016
86
Pro rounds
69

Current rankings @ Welterweight

6
The Ring
5
-
WBA
1
-
WBC
2
-
WBO
1
-
IBF
3

Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr betting preview

Bookmakers made Vergil Ortiz Jr a strong favourite against Eimantas Stanionis in a potential future clash between the pair, when they last released odds on January 28, 2023.

He is currently 4/11 (-280) to win the clash outright, while you can get 2/1 (+200) on Eimantas Stanionis if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 69% chance of Ortiz Jr winning while giving Stanionis a 31% chance.

Ortiz Jr opened as the favourite at 1/3 (-300) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).

Stanionis opened at 9/4 (+230) which has got wider by -3/4 (+130).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 147 pounds (10.29 stones or 66.82 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

The contest would be for the WBA welterweight championship of the world.

Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr Head To Head

Eimantas Stanionis would step into the ring with an undefeated record of 14 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 9 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Vergil Ortiz Jr would make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 19 wins and 0 draws, with 19 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Ortiz Jr would have a massive power advantage over Stanionis, boosting at 100% knock out percentage over Stanionis' 64%.

Eimantas Stanionis is the older man by 4 years, at 28 years old.

Ortiz Jr has a height advantage of 2 inches over Stanionis. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Eimantas Stanionis & Vergil Ortiz Jr fight out of an orthodox stance.

Stanionis is currently arguably the more experienced fighter, having had 5 less fights, and made his debut in , 6 years and 5 months earlier than Ortiz Jr, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 17 more professional rounds, 86 to Ortiz Jr's 69.

Eimantas Stanionis goes into the fight ranked number 6 by the RING at welterweight.

Vergil Ortiz Jr is currently ranked number 1 by the WBA, 2 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 5 by the RING in the 147lb division.

Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr betting form

Stanionis remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his recent opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Radzhab Butaev on 16th April 2022 by split decision in their WBA World Welterweight and WBA Super World Welterweight eliminator fight at AT&T Stadium, Arlington, United States.

Previous to that, he beat Luis Collazo on 7th August 2021 by split decision in the 4th round at Armory, Minnesota.

Going into that contest, he had beat Thomas Dulorme on 10th April 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut.

Before that, he had won against Janer Gonzalez on 16th December 2020 by knockout in the 9th round at Shrine Exposition Center, California. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favourite going into the contest.

He had beat Justin DeLoach on 4th November 2020 by knockout in the 9th round at Microsoft Theater, California.

Vergil Ortiz Jr remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 5 of his last opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Michael McKinson on 6th August 2022 by technical knockout in the 9th round in their WBA Super World Welterweight eliminator fight at Dickies Arena, Texas, United States. He was a 2/25 (-1200) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had defeated Egidijus Kavaliauskas on 14th August 2021 by technical knockout in the 8th round at The Star, Frisco.

Going into that contest, he had won against Maurice Hooker on 20th March 2021 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Dickies Arena, Texas. He was a 2/25 (-1200) favourite going into the fight.

Before that, he had defeated Samuel Vargas on 24th July 2020 by knockout in the 7th round at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino, Indio. He was a 1/100 (-10000) favourite going into the fight.

He had beat Brad Solomon on 13th December 2019 by knockout in the 5th round at Fantasy Springs Casino, California.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Eimantas Stanionis has been fighting more than Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Eimantas Stanionis last fought 9 months and 13 days ago, while Vergil Ortiz Jr's last outing was 5 months and 23 days ago.

Stanionis' last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 2 months and 25 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 12 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 46 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.2 rounds on average.

Ortiz Jr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 1 month and 16 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 16 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 36 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.2 rounds on average.

Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr Odds History

Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr Betting Markets

Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up