Jul 06 2024
Saturday

Prudential Center, Newark, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Lightweight
VS
21-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-07-07T03:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - Sun 1:00am

12-1-0

Contest odds

Stevenson 1/25 (-2500)
Draw -
Harutyunyan 17/2 (+850)

Chance of winning

90.13% 9.87%
Bovada logo

Bet on Stevenson vs Harutyunyan
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

26
Age
33
5' 7" / 170 cm
Height
5' 8" / 172 cm
68.1" / 173 cm
Reach
N/A
Southpaw (L)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12TKO 6UD 12UD 12TKO 10
Form
UD 12UD 10KO 5SD 12TKO 4
21
Wins
12
10
By KO
7
48
KO%
58
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2017
Debut
2017
145
Pro rounds
83

Current rankings @ Lightweight

4
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
6
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Stevenson vs Harutyunyan betting preview

Bookmakers made Shakur Stevenson a massive favorite against Artem Harutyunyan when they meet in their bout on Saturday 6th July 2024 at Prudential Center, Newark, United States.

He is currently 1/25 (-2500) to win the bout outright, while you can get 17/2 (+850) on Artem Harutyunyan if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 91% chance of Stevenson winning while giving Harutyunyan a 9% chance.

Stevenson opened as the favorite at 1/25 (-2500).

Harutyunyan opened at 9/1 (+900) which has got wider by 1/-2 (+200).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBC lightweight championship of the world.

Stevenson vs Harutyunyan Head To Head

Shakur Stevenson steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 21 wins, zero losses, and 0 draws, 10 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Artem Harutyunyan will make his way to the ring with a record of 12 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 7 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Harutyunyan has a slight advantage in power over Stevenson, with a 58% knockout percentage compared to Stevenson's 48%.

Shakur Stevenson is the younger man by 7 years, at 26 years old.

Harutyunyan has a height advantage of 1 inch over Stevenson.

Shakur Stevenson fights out of the southpaw stance, while Artem Harutyunyan is an orthodox fighter.

Stevenson is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 8 more fights, and made his debut in 2017, 7 months earlier than Harutyunyan, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 62 more professional rounds, totaling 145 compared to Harutyunyan's 83.

Shakur Stevenson goes into the fight ranked number 4 by The Ring at lightweight.

Artem Harutyunyan is currently ranked number 6 by the WBC in the 135lb division.

Stevenson vs Harutyunyan betting form

Stevenson remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Edwin De Los Santos on November 16, 2023, by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favorite going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had beaten Shuichiro Yoshino on April 8, 2023, by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBC World Lightweight eliminator fight at Prudential Center, Newark. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favorite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Robson Conceicao on September 23, 2022, by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Featherweight and WBO World Junior Lightweight championship fight at Prudential Center, Newark. He was a 7/100 (-1400) favorite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beaten Oscar Valdez on April 30, 2022, by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Featherweight, WBO World Junior Lightweight and The Ring Junior Lightweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 7/50 (-710) favorite going into the contest.

He had defeated Jamel Herring on October 23, 2021, by technical knockout in the 10th round in their WBO World Junior Lightweight championship fight at State Farm Arena, Georgia. He was a 13/100 (-770) favorite going into the contest.

Harutyunyan has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he lost to Frank Martin on July 15, 2023, by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight eliminator fight at The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 9/1 (+900) underdog going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had won against Humberto Galindo on June 25, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Universum Gym, Hamburg, Germany.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Samuel Molina on September 25, 2021, by knockout in the 5th round at Universum Gym, Hamburg.

Before that, he had beaten Vladyslav Melnyk on April 24, 2021, by split decision in their 12 round contest at Universum Gym, Hamburg.

He had won against Miguel Cesario Antin on January 25, 2020, by technical knockout in the 4th round.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Shakur Stevenson has been fighting more than Artem Harutyunyan.

Shakur Stevenson last fought 7 months and 20 days ago, while Artem Harutyunyan's last outing was 11 months and 21 days ago.

Stevenson's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 8 months and 13 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 6 months and 16 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 52 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.4 rounds on average.

Harutyunyan's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 5 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 10 months and 20 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 43 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.6 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Stevenson vs Harutyunyan Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Prudential Center, Newark, United States, which is around 4:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Stevenson vs Harutyunyan for In-Play Betting?

Stevenson vs Harutyunyan will be broadcast on ESPN in the US, while the fight will be broadcast in the United Kingdom by Sky Sports Action.

Stevenson vs Harutyunyan Odds History

Stevenson vs Harutyunyan sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Stevenson vs Harutyunyan
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Stevenson vs Harutyunyan Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up