Oct 15 2023
Sunday

Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia

12 rounds contest
@ Super Welterweight
23-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2023-10-15T04:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - N/A

22-2-0

Contest odds

Tszyu 1/4 (-400)
Draw 16/1 (+1600)
Mendoza 7/2 (+350)

Chance of winning

78.26% 21.74%
Bovada logo

Bet on Tszyu vs Mendoza
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

28
Age
29
5' 9" / 174 cm
Height
5' 10" / 178 cm
72" / 183 cm
Reach
70.1" / 178 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 1TKO 9UD 12UD 12TKO 5
Form
KO 7KO 5TKO 5UD 10
23
Wins
22
17
By KO
16
74
KO%
73
0
Losses
2
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2016
Debut
2014
117
Pro rounds
89

Current rankings @ Super Welterweight

1
The Ring
3
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Tszyu vs Mendoza betting preview

Bookmakers made Tim Tszyu a big favourite against Brian Mendoza when they meet in their bout on Sunday 15th October 2023 at Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia.

He is currently 1/4 (-400) to win the bout outright, while you can get 7/2 (+350) on Brian Mendoza if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 79% chance of Tszyu winning while giving Mendoza a 21% chance.

Tszyu opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400).

Mendoza opened at 29/10 (+290) which has shorten by 8/-5 (+60).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 154 pounds (10.78 stones or 70 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Tszyu vs Mendoza Head To Head

Tim Tszyu steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 23 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 17 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Brian Mendoza will make his way to the ring with a record of 22 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 16 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Tszyu has a slight advantage in power over Mendoza, with a 74% knock out percentage over Mendoza's 73%.

Tszyu is currently 67/100 (-150) to get the knockout, while Mendoza is 13/2 (+650).

Tim Tszyu is the younger man by 1 year, at 28 years old.

Mendoza has a height advantage of 1 inch over Tszyu. Despite this, he has 2-inch reach advantage.

Both Tim Tszyu & Brian Mendoza fight out of an orthodox stance.

Tszyu is arguably the less experienced fighter, having had 1 less fights, and made his debut in 2016, 2 year and 4 months later than Mendoza, whose first professional fight was in 2014. He has fought 28 more professional rounds, 117 to Mendoza's 89.

If you think Mendoza will win on points, you can get odds of 15/2 (+750), while Tszyu is 11/4 (+280) to win on the scorecards.

Tim Tszyu goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the RING at super welterweight.

Brian Mendoza is currently ranked number 3 by the RING in the 154lb division.

Tszyu vs Mendoza betting form

Tszyu remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Carlos Ocampo on 18th June 2023 by knockout in the 1st round in their WBO Interim World Junior Middleweight championship fight at Gold Coast Convention Centre, Broadbeach, Australia. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Tony Harrison on 11th March 2023 by technical knockout in the 9th round in their WBO Interim World Junior Middleweight championship fight at Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Terrell Gausha on 26th March 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at The Armory, Minneapolis, United States. He was a 11/100 (-910) favourite going into the contest.

Before that, he had beat Takeshi Inoue on 17th November 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Qudos Bank Arena, New South Wales, Australia. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Dennis Hogan on 31st March 2021 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Newcastle, New South Wales. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

Tszyu's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 14 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 4 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 39 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.8 rounds on average.

Tszyu is currently 67/100 (-150) to finish this fight in the 7th round, or 11/4 (+280) to win on points.

Mendoza's last 4 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 1 month and 10 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 11 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 27 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

Mendoza is currently 13/2 (+650) to finish this fight in the 6th round, or +750 (+750) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Tszyu vs Mendoza Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 4:00 AM UTC at Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia, which is 12:00 AM EST or 9:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America, or 5:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Tszyu vs Mendoza for In-Play Betting?

The fight will be broadcast in the United States by ShowTime.

Tszyu vs Mendoza Odds History

Tszyu vs Mendoza sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Tszyu vs Mendoza
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Tszyu vs Mendoza Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Tszyu
Mendoza

Method of result

By KO TKO or DQ
By Decision or Technical Decision
Draw or Technical Draw

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up