Mar 08 2024
Friday

Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

12 rounds contest
@ Featherweight
36-1-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-08T17:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - TBC / UK - TBC

19-0-0

Contest odds

Vargas 13/10 (+130)
Draw 15/1 (+1500)
Ball 61/100 (-160)

Chance of winning

41.18% 58.82%
Bovada logo

Bet on Vargas vs Ball
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
26
5' 8" / 172 cm
Height
5' 5" / 165 cm
70.5" / 179 cm
Reach
65" / 165 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 12SD 12UD 10UD 12UD 12
Form
UD 12TKO 12TKO 1TKO 12TKO 6
36
Wins
19
22
By KO
11
61
KO%
58
1
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2010
Debut
2017
234
Pro rounds
90

Current rankings @ Featherweight

3
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
-
WBC
1
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Vargas vs Ball betting preview

Bookmakers made Nick Ball a favourite against Rey Vargas when they meet in their bout on Friday 8th March 2024 at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

He is currently 61/100 (-160) to win the bout outright, while you can get 13/10 (+130) on Rey Vargas if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 59% chance of Ball winning while giving Vargas a 41% chance.

Ball opened as the favourite at 8/13 (-160).

Vargas opened at 13/10 (+130).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 126 pounds (8.82 stones or 57.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the WBC featherweight championship of the world.

Vargas vs Ball Head To Head

Rey Vargas steps into the ring with a record of 36 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 22 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Nick Ball will make his way to the ring with an unblemished record of 19 wins and 0 draws, with 11 of those by knock out.

The stats suggest Vargas has a slight advantage in power over Ball, with a 61% knock out percentage over Ball's 58%.

Vargas is currently 15/2 (+750) to get the knockout, while Ball is 11/4 (+280).

Rey Vargas is the older man by 7 years, at 33 years old.

Vargas has a height advantage of 3 inches over Ball. This also extends to a 5-inch reach advantage.

Both Rey Vargas & Nick Ball fight out of an orthodox stance.

Vargas is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 18 more fights, and made his debut in 2010, 7 years and 2 months earlier than Ball, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 144 more professional rounds, 234 to Ball's 90.

If you think Ball will win on points, you can get odds of 8/5 (+160), while Vargas is 21/10 (+210) to win on the scorecards.

Rey Vargas goes into the fight ranked number 3 by the RING at featherweight.

Nick Ball is currently ranked number 1 by the WBC in the 126lb division.

Vargas vs Ball betting form

Rey Vargas has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to O’Shaquie Foster on 11th February 2023 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Featherweight championship fight at Alamodome, San Antonio, United States. He was a 36/50 (-140) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had beat Mark Magsayo on 9th July 2022 by split decision in their WBC World Featherweight championship fight at Alamodome, San Antonio. He was a 91/100 (-110) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Leonardo Baez on 6th November 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Nevada.

Before that, he had beat Tomoki Kameda on 13th July 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Bantamweight championship fight at Dignity Health Sports Park, California. He was a 29/100 (-340) favourite going into the contest.

He had defeated Franklin Manzanilla on 9th February 2019 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Bantamweight championship fight at Fantasy Springs Casino, California. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the contest.

Ball remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Isaac Dogboe on 18th November 2023 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Featherweight championship fight at AO Arena, Manchester, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had won against Lodumo Lamati on 27th May 2023 by technical knockout in the 12th round at The SSE Arena (Odyssey Arena), Belfast. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Jesus Ramirez Rubio on 11th November 2022 by technical knockout in the 1st round at York Hall, Bethnal Green.

Before that, he had beat Nathanael Kakololo on 16th July 2022 by technical knockout in the 12th round at Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London.

He had won against Isaac Lowe on 23rd April 2022 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Wembley Stadium, London.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Nick Ball has been fighting more than Rey Vargas.

Rey Vargas last fought 1 year and 26 days ago, while Nick Ball's last outing was 3 months and 19 days ago.

Vargas' last 5 fights have come over a period of 5 years and 28 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year and 5 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 58 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.6 rounds on average.

Vargas is currently 15/2 (+750) to finish this fight in the 11th round, or 21/10 (+210) to win on points.

Ball's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 10 months and 14 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 17 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 43 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.6 rounds on average.

Ball is currently 11/4 (+280) to finish this fight in the 8th round, or +160 (+160) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Vargas vs Ball Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 5:00 PM UTC at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which is 12:00 PM EST or 9:00 AM PST on the West Coast of America, or 5:00 PM GMT in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Vargas vs Ball for In-Play Betting?

Vargas vs Ball will be broadcast on DAZN PPV UK in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN PPV.

Vargas vs Ball Odds History

Vargas vs Ball sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Vargas vs Ball
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Vargas vs Ball Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Vargas
Ball

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up