Autumn/Fall 2023
Potentially

in the United States

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
43-2-1
35-2-0

Contest odds

Wilder 4/9 (-230)
Draw -
Ruiz Jr 13/8 (+160)

Chance of winning

64.62% 35.38%
Bovada logo

Bet on Wilder vs Ruiz Jr
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

37
Age
33
6' 7" / 201 cm
Height
6' 2" / 188 cm
83.1" / 211 cm
Reach
74" / 188 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 1KO 11TKO 7KO 7KO 1
Form
UD 12UD 12UD 12TKO 7TKO 5
43
Wins
35
42
By KO
22
98
KO%
63
2
Losses
2
2
Stopped
0
1
Draws
0
2008
Debut
2009
162
Pro rounds
187

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

1
The Ring
4
2
WBA
-
1
WBC
2
-
WBO
1
5
IBF
3

Wilder vs Ruiz Jr betting preview

Bookmakers made Deontay Wilder a favourite against Andy Ruiz Jr in a potential future clash between the pair, when they last released odds on November 28, 2022.

He is currently 4/9 (-230) to win the clash outright, while you can get 13/8 (+160) on Andy Ruiz Jr if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 65% chance of Wilder winning while giving Ruiz Jr a 35% chance.

Wilder opened as the favourite at 4/9 (-230).

Ruiz Jr opened at 13/8 (+160).

The fight would be scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

The contest would be a final eliminator for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world.

Wilder vs Ruiz Jr Head To Head

Deontay Wilder would step into the ring with a record of 43 wins, 2 loses and 1 draw, 42 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Andy Ruiz Jr would make his way to the ring with a record of 35 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 22 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Wilder would have a massive power advantage over Ruiz Jr, boosting at 98% knock out percentage over Ruiz Jr's 63%.

Deontay Wilder is the older man by 4 years, at 37 years old.

Wilder has a height advantage of 5 inches over Ruiz Jr. This also extends to a 9-inch reach advantage.

Both Deontay Wilder & Andy Ruiz Jr fight out of an orthodox stance.

Wilder's experience as a professional fighter is currently relatively equal to Ruiz Jr's, having had 9 more fights, and made his debut in 2008, 4 months earlier than Ruiz Jr, whose first professional fight was in 2009. He has fought 25 less professional rounds, 162 to Ruiz Jr's 187.

Deontay Wilder goes into the fight ranked number 2 by the WBA, 1 by the WBC, 5 by the IBF and 1 by the RING at heavyweight.

Andy Ruiz Jr is currently ranked number 2 by the WBC, 1 by the WBO, 3 by the IBF and 4 by the RING in the 201lb division.

Wilder vs Ruiz Jr betting form

Deontay Wilder has stopped 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Robert Helenius on 15th October 2022 by knockout in the 1st round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York, United States. He was a 13/100 (-770) favourite going into the contest.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Tyson Fury on 9th October 2021 by knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Nevada.

Going into that contest, he had lost to Tyson Fury on 22nd February 2020 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Heavyweight and The Ring Heavyweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 11/4 (+280) underdog going into the contest.

Before that, he had beat Luis Ortiz on 23rd November 2019 by knockout in the 7th round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas.

He had won against Dominic Breazeale on 18th May 2019 by knockout in the 1st round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York. He was a 13/100 (-770) favourite going into the contest.

Ruiz Jr has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he beat Luis Ortiz on 4th September 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, United States. He was a 33/100 (-300) favourite going into the fight.

Previous to that, he had beat Chris Arreola on 1st May 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favourite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Anthony Joshua on 7th December 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Heavyweight, WBA Super World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Diriyah Arena, Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. He was a 47/25 (+190) underdog going into the fight.

Before that, he had defeated Anthony Joshua on 1st June 2019 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their WBA Super World Heavyweight, IBF World Heavyweight and WBO World Heavyweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York, United States. He was a 5/2 (+250) underdog going into the fight.

He had won against Alexander Dimitrenko on 20th April 2019 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Dignity Health Sports Park, California. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favourite going into the fight.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Deontay Wilder has been fighting more than Andy Ruiz Jr.

Deontay Wilder last fought 1 month and 14 days ago, while Andy Ruiz Jr's last outing was 2 months and 25 days ago.

Wilder's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 15 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 27 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5.4 rounds on average.

Ruiz Jr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 7 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 20 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 48 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.6 rounds on average.

Wilder vs Ruiz Jr Odds History

Wilder vs Ruiz Jr sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Wilder vs Ruiz Jr
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Wilder vs Ruiz Jr Betting Markets

Winner
Install Box.live on your device: tapand then Add to Home Screen.

Join box.live, it’s free!

Sign up