Mar 01 2024
Friday

Telford International Centre, Telford, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Super Welterweight
14-1-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-03-01T22:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - TBC

34-8-0

Contest odds

Baraou 4/6 (-150)
Draw 16/1 (+1600)
Eggington 6/5 (+120)

Chance of winning

56.85% 43.15%
Bovada logo

Bet on Baraou vs Eggington
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

29
Age
30
5' 9" / 176 cm
Height
5' 11" / 180 cm
N/A
Reach
71.7" / 182 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 2SD 12
Form
TKO 5MD 12UD 12SD 12UD 12
14
Wins
34
9
By KO
20
64
KO%
59
1
Losses
8
0
Stopped
2
0
Draws
0
2018
Debut
2012
95
Pro rounds
256

Current rankings @ Super Welterweight

-
The Ring
-
7
WBA
15
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
-

Baraou vs Eggington betting preview

Bookmakers made Abass Baraou a favourite against Sam Eggington when they face off in their fight on Friday 1st March 2024 at Telford International Centre, Telford, United Kingdom.

He is currently 4/6 (-150) to win the fight outright, while you can get 6/5 (+120) on Sam Eggington if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 57% chance of Baraou winning while giving Eggington a 43% chance.

Baraou opened as the favourite at 4/7 (-180) however, that price has shortened by 11/-10 (+90).

Eggington opened at 11/8 (+140) which has got wider by 41/-50 (+120).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 154 pounds (10.78 stones or 70 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Baraou vs Eggington Head To Head

Abass Baraou steps into the ring with a record of 14 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 9 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Sam Eggington will make his way to the ring with a record of 34 wins, 8 loses and 0 draws, with 20 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Baraou has a slight advantage in power over Eggington, with a 64% knock out percentage over Eggington's 59%.

Baraou is currently 3/1 (+300) to get the knockout, while Eggington is 7/1 (+700).

Abass Baraou is the younger man by 1 year, at 29 years old.

Eggington has a height advantage of 2 inches over Baraou.

Both Abass Baraou & Sam Eggington fight out of an orthodox stance.

Baraou is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 27 less fights, and made his debut in 2018, 5 year and 7 months later than Eggington, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 161 less professional rounds, 95 to Eggington's 256.

If you think Eggington will win on points, you can get odds of 5/2 (+250), while Baraou is 5/4 (+130) to win on the scorecards.

Abass Baraou goes into the fight ranked number 7 by the WBA at super welterweight.

Sam Eggington is currently ranked number 15 by the WBA in the 154lb division.

Baraou vs Eggington betting form

Eggington has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he defeated Joe Pigford on 27th May 2023 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth, United Kingdom. He was a 6/5 (+120) underdog going into the ring.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Dennis Hogan on 8th October 2022 by majority decision in their 12 round contest at Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Broadmeadow, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Przemyslaw Zysk on 25th June 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Skydome, West Midlands, United Kingdom. He was a 27/100 (-370) favourite going into the ring.

Before that, he had beat Bilel Jkitou on 10th September 2021 by split decision in their 12 round contest at Skydome, West Midlands.

He had won against Carlos Molina on 22nd May 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Skydome, West Midlands. He was a 3/10 (-330) favourite going into the ring.

Who's been more active?

Baraou's last 2 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 2 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 9 months and 2 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 14 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7 rounds on average.

Baraou is currently 3/1 (+300) to finish this fight in the 7th round, or 5/4 (+130) to win on points.

Eggington's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 9 months and 8 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 53 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.6 rounds on average.

Eggington is currently 7/1 (+700) to finish this fight in the 10th round, or +250 (+250) to win on points.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Baraou vs Eggington Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM GMT at Telford International Centre, Telford, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Baraou vs Eggington for In-Play Betting?

Baraou vs Eggington will be broadcast on Channel 5 in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by DAZN.

Baraou vs Eggington Odds History

Baraou vs Eggington sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Baraou vs Eggington
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Baraou vs Eggington Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Baraou
Eggington

Method of result

By KO TKO or DQ
By Decision or Technical Decision
Draw or Technical Draw

Fight to go the distance

Yes
No

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up