Jun 15 2024
Saturday

MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Light Heavyweight
VS
28-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-06-16T02:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 8:00pm EST / UK - N/A

20-1-0

Contest odds

Benavidez 1/6 (-590)
Draw -
Gvozdyk 4/1 (+400)

Chance of winning

81.04% 18.96%
Bovada logo

Bet on Benavidez vs Gvozdyk
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

27
Age
37
6' 1" / 185 cm
Height
6' 2" / 188 cm
76" / 193 cm
Reach
75.6" / 192 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 6UD 12TKO 3TKO 7TKO 11
Form
KO 2TKO 6UD 6TKO 10TKO 5
28
Wins
20
24
By KO
16
86
KO%
80
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2013
Debut
2014
136
Pro rounds
112

Current rankings @ Light Heavyweight

-
The Ring
7
-
WBA
7
-
WBC
2
-
WBO
-
-
IBF
5

Benavidez vs Gvozdyk betting preview

Bookmakers made David Benavidez a big favorite against Oleksandr Gvozdyk when they meet in their bout on Saturday 15th June 2024 at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

He is currently 1/6 (-590) to win the bout outright, while you can get 4/1 (+400) on Oleksandr Gvozdyk if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 82% chance of Benavidez winning while giving Gvozdyk a 18% chance.

Benavidez opened as the favorite at 1/6 (-590).

Gvozdyk opened at 4/1 (+400).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Light Heavyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 175 pounds (12.25 stones or 79.55 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the vacant WBC light heavyweight championship of the world.

Benavidez vs Gvozdyk Head To Head

David Benavidez steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 28 wins, zero losses, and 0 draws, 24 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Oleksandr Gvozdyk will make his way to the ring with a record of 20 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 16 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Benavidez has a slight advantage in power over Gvozdyk, with a 86% knockout percentage compared to Gvozdyk's 80%.

David Benavidez is the younger man by 10 years, at 27 years old.

Gvozdyk has a height advantage of 1 inch over Benavidez. Despite this, both fighters have equal reach.

Both David Benavidez and Oleksandr Gvozdyk fight out of an orthodox stance.

Benavidez is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 7 more fights, and made his debut in 2013, 7 months earlier than Gvozdyk, whose first professional fight was in 2014. He has fought 24 more professional rounds, totaling 136 compared to Gvozdyk's 112.

Oleksandr Gvozdyk is currently ranked number 7 by the WBA, 2 by the WBC, 5 by the IBF, and 7 by The Ring in the 175lb division.

Benavidez vs Gvozdyk betting form

Benavidez remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Demetrius Andrade on November 25, 2023, by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBC Interim World Super Middleweight championship fight at Michelob ULTRA Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 1/4 (-400) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had won against Caleb Plant on March 25, 2023, by unanimous decision in their WBC World Super Middleweight championship fight at MGM Grand, Las Vegas. He was a 29/100 (-380) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had beaten David Lemieux on May 21, 2022, by technical knockout in the 3rd round in their WBC Interim World Super Middleweight championship fight at Gila River Arena, Glendale. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Kyrone Davis on November 13, 2021, by technical knockout in the 7th round at Footprint Center, Arizona. He was a 3/100 (-3300) favorite going into the ring.

He had won against Ronald Ellis on March 13, 2021, by technical knockout in the 11th round at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favorite going into the ring.

Gvozdyk has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Isaac Rodrigues on September 30, 2023, by knockout in the 2nd round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favorite going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had defeated Ricards Bolotniks on May 6, 2023, by technical knockout in the 6th round at Estadio Akron, Zapopan, Mexico. He was a 7/50 (-710) favorite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Josue Obando on February 11, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 6 round contest at The Derby Room Pomona at Fairplex, Pomona, United States.

Before that, he had been beaten by Artur Beterbiev on October 18, 2019, by technical knockout in the 10th round in their WBC World Light heavyweight and IBF World Light Heavyweight championship fight at Liacouras Center, Philadelphia. He was a 67/100 (-150) favorite going into the contest.

He had won against Doudou Ngumbu on March 30, 2019, by technical knockout in the 5th round in their WBC World Light heavyweight championship fight at 2300 Arena, Pennsylvania. He was a 1/100 (-10000) favorite going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, David Benavidez has been fighting more than Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

David Benavidez last fought 6 months and 21 days ago, while Oleksandr Gvozdyk's last outing was 8 months and 16 days ago.

Benavidez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 3 months and 2 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 7 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 39 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 7.8 rounds on average.

Gvozdyk's last 5 fights have come over a period of 5 years, 2 months and 16 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year and 15 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 29 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Benavidez vs Gvozdyk Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States, which is around 3:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Benavidez vs Gvozdyk for In-Play Betting?

Benavidez vs Gvozdyk will be broadcast on Amazon Prime PPV in the US.

Benavidez vs Gvozdyk Odds History

Benavidez vs Gvozdyk sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Benavidez vs Gvozdyk
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Benavidez vs Gvozdyk Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up