Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth, United Kingdom
broadcast start time:
UK - Sun 6:00pm / US - Sun 2:00pm EST
Chance of winning
Bet on Billam Smith vs Masternak
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs
Bookmakers made Chris Billam-Smith a big favourite against Mateusz Masternak when they meet in their bout on Sunday 10th December 2023 at Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth, United Kingdom.
He is currently 1/4 (-400) to win the bout outright, while you can get 3/1 (+300) on Mateusz Masternak if you fancy the big upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 77% chance of Billam Smith winning while giving Masternak a 23% chance.
Billam Smith opened as the favourite at 2/9 (-450) however, that price has shortened by -103/100 (+100).
Masternak opened at 18/5 (+360) which has got wider by -2/5 (+250).
The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Cruiserweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 200 pounds (14 stones or 90.91 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
This contest is for the WBO cruiserweight championship of the world.
Billam-Smith vs Masternak Head To Head
Chris Billam-Smith steps into the ring with a record of 18 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 12 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.
Mateusz Masternak will make his way to the ring with a record of 47 wins, 5 loses and 0 draws, with 31 of those wins by knock out.
The stats suggest Billam Smith has a slight advantage in power over Masternak, with a 67% knock out percentage over Masternak's 66%.
Chris Billam-Smith is the younger man by 3 years, at 33 years old.
Billam Smith has a height advantage of 3 inches over Masternak. Despite this, Masternak has 1-inch reach advantage.
Both Chris Billam-Smith & Mateusz Masternak fight out of an orthodox stance.
Billam Smith is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 33 less fights, and made his debut in 2017, 11 year and 3 months later than Masternak, whose first professional fight was in 2006. He has fought 228 less professional rounds, 120 to Masternak's 348.
Chris Billam-Smith goes into the fight ranked number 5 by the RING at cruiserweight.
Mateusz Masternak is currently ranked number 9 by the WBC, 6 by the WBO and 9 by the RING in the 200lb division.
Billam-Smith vs Masternak betting form
Billam Smith has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 2 of them, going the distance 3 times.
In his last fight, he beat Lawrence Okolie on 27th May 2023 by majority decision in their WBO World Cruiserweight championship fight at Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth, United Kingdom. He was a 3/1 (+300) underdog going into the contest.
Previous to that, he had beat Armend Xhoxhaj on 17th December 2022 by technical knockout in the 5th round at Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth. He was a 3/50 (-1700) favourite going into the contest.
Going into that contest, he had won against Isaac Chamberlain on 30th July 2022 by unanimous decision in their CBC Commonwealth Cruiserweight championship fight at Bournemouth International Centre, Dorset.
Before that, he had beat Tommy McCarthy on 16th April 2022 by knockout in the 8th round at Manchester Arena, Manchester. He was a 2/5 (-250) favourite going into the contest.
He had defeated Dylan Bregeon on 13th November 2021 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Sheffield Arena, Yorkshire.
Masternak has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.
In his last fight, he won against Jason Whateley on 29th October 2022 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Nosalowy Dwór, Zakopane, Poland.
Previous to that, he had been beaten by Yuniel Dorticos on 20th October 2018 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at CFE Arena, Florida, United States. He was a 9/2 (+450) underdog going into the fight.
Going into that contest, he had won against Youri Kayembre Kalenga on 21st April 2018 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Hala Sportowa, ul. Zuzlowa 4, Czestochowa, Poland. He was a 67/100 (-150) favourite going into the fight.
Before that, he had defeated Stivens Bujaj on 21st October 2017 by technical knockout in the 7th round at Prudential Center, New Jersey, United States.
He had beat Ismayl Sillah on 24th June 2017 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Ergo Arena, Plac Dwóch Miast 1, 80-344 Gdańsk, Gdansk, Poland.
Who's been more active?
If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Chris Billam-Smith has been fighting more than Mateusz Masternak.
Chris Billam-Smith last fought 6 months and 13 days ago, while Mateusz Masternak's last outing was 1 year, 1 month and 11 days ago.
Billam Smith's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 27 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 49 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.8 rounds on average.
Masternak's last 5 fights have come over a period of 6 years, 5 months and 16 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 3 months and 17 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 47 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.4 rounds on average.
What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Billam Smith vs Masternak Pre Fight?
The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM GMT at Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.