Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom
broadcast start time:
UK - TBC / US - TBC
Chance of winning
Bet on Catterall vs Linares
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs
Bookmakers made Jack Catterall a big favourite against Jorge Linares when they meet in their bout on Saturday 21st October 2023 at Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
He is currently 1/9 (-910) to win the bout outright, while you can get 5/1 (+500) on Jorge Linares if you fancy the big upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 85% chance of Catterall winning while giving Linares a 15% chance.
Catterall opened as the favourite at 1/8 (-830).
Linares opened at 5/1 (+500).
The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
Catterall vs Linares Head To Head
Jack Catterall steps into the ring with a record of 27 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.
Jorge Linares will make his way to the ring with a record of 47 wins, 8 loses and 0 draws, with 29 of those wins by knock out.
The stats suggest Linares has advantage in power over Catterall, with a 62% knock out percentage over Catterall's 48%.
Jack Catterall is the younger man by 8 years, at 30 years old.
Linares has a height advantage of 1 inch over Catterall. Despite this, both fighters have equal reach.
Jack Catterall fights out of the southpaw stance, while Jorge Linares is an orthodox fighter.
Catterall is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 27 less fights, and made his debut in 2012, 9 year and 9 months later than Linares, whose first professional fight was in 2002. He has fought 172 less professional rounds, 182 to Linares' 354.
Jack Catterall goes into the fight ranked number 7 by the WBA, 5 by the WBC, 5 by the WBO, 6 by the IBF and 5 by the RING at super lightweight.
Catterall vs Linares betting form
Jack Catterall has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he won against Darragh Foley on 27th May 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Manchester Arena, Manchester, United Kingdom. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favourite going into the ring.
Previous to that, he had been beaten by Josh Taylor on 26th February 2022 by split decision in their WBC World Super Lightweight, WBA Super World Super Lightweight, IBF World Junior Welterweight and WBO World Junior Welterweight championship fight at The SSE Hydro, Scotland. He was a 657/100 (+660) underdog going into the ring.
Going into that contest, he had won against Abderrazak Houya on 28th November 2020 by points in the 10th round at Church House, London.
Before that, he had beat Timo Schwarzkopf on 22nd November 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Caesars Palace Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favourite going into the ring.
He had defeated Ohara Davies on 6th October 2018 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Leicester Arena, Leicestershire, United Kingdom. He was a 89/100 (-110) favourite going into the ring.
Linares has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance once.
In his last fight, he lost to Zhora Hamazaryan on 11th December 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at DIVS, Ekaterinburg, Russia.
Previous to that, he had lost to Zaur Abdullaev on 19th February 2022 by knockout in the 12th round at RCC Boxing Academy, Ekaterinburg. He was a 73/100 (-140) favourite going into the contest.
Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Devin Haney on 29th May 2021 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Lightweight championship fight at Michelob ULTRA Arena, Las Vegas, United States. He was a 13/2 (+650) underdog going into the contest.
Before that, he had won against Carlos Morales on 14th February 2020 by knockout in the 4th round at Honda Center, California. He was a 3/25 (-830) favourite going into the contest.
He had defeated Al Toyogon on 7th September 2019 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Korakuen Hall, Tokyo, Japan.
Who's been more active?
If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Jorge Linares has been fighting more than Jack Catterall.
Jack Catterall last fought 4 months and 24 days ago, while Jorge Linares' last outing was 10 months and 10 days ago.
Catterall's last 5 fights have come over a period of 5 years and 15 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year and 3 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 54 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.8 rounds on average.
Linares' last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 1 month and 14 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 28 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 48 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 9.6 rounds on average.
What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Catterall vs Linares Pre Fight?
The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM BST at Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.