Jul 27 2024
Saturday

O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
VS
16-2-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-07-27T21:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - TBC / US - N/A

34-13-0

Contest odds

Joyce 3/10 (-330)
Draw -
Chisora 5/2 (+250)

Chance of winning

72.92% 27.08%
Bovada logo

Bet on Joyce vs Chisora
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

38
Age
40
6' 6" / 198 cm
Height
6' 2" / 187 cm
80.3" / 204 cm
Reach
74" / 188 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 10KO 3TKO 6KO 11TKO 4
Form
UD 10TKO 10SD 12UD 12SD 12
16
Wins
34
15
By KO
23
94
KO%
68
2
Losses
13
2
Stopped
4
0
Draws
0
2017
Debut
2007
93
Pro rounds
324

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

8
The Ring
-
-
WBA
-
11
WBC
-
14
WBO
-
11
IBF
-

Joyce vs Chisora betting preview

Bookmakers made Joe Joyce a strong favorite against Derek Chisora when they meet in their bout on Saturday 27th July 2024 at O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom.

He is currently 3/10 (-330) to win the bout outright, while you can get 5/2 (+250) on Derek Chisora if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 73% chance of Joyce winning while giving Chisora a 27% chance.

Joyce opened as the favorite at 1/3 (-300) however, that price has now got wider by 97/-100 (+100).

Chisora opened at 9/4 (+230) which has shorten by 5/-4 (+80).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters don't have to make any weight limit.

Joyce vs Chisora Head To Head

Joe Joyce steps into the ring with a record of 16 wins, 2 losses, and 0 draws, 15 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Derek Chisora will make his way to the ring with a record of 34 wins, 13 losses and 0 draws, with 23 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Joyce has a large advantage in power over Chisora, boasting a 94% knockout percentage compared to Chisora's 68%.

Joe Joyce is the younger man by 2 years, at 38 years old.

Joyce has a height advantage of 4 inches over Chisora. This also extends to a 6-inch reach advantage.

Both Joe Joyce and Derek Chisora fight out of an orthodox stance.

Joyce is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 29 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2017, 10 years and 8 months later than Chisora, whose first professional fight was in 2007. He has fought 231 fewer professional rounds, totaling 93 compared to Chisora's 324.

Joe Joyce goes into the fight ranked number 11 by the WBC, 14 by the WBO, 11 by the IBF, and 8 by The Ring at heavyweight.

Joyce vs Chisora betting form

Joe Joyce has stopped 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Kash Ali on March 16, 2024, by knockout in the 10th round at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, United Kingdom. He was a 1/25 (-2500) favorite going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had been beaten by Zhilei Zhang on September 23, 2023, by knockout in the 3rd round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at OVO Arena Wembley, London. He was a 11/10 (+110) underdog going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had lost to Zhilei Zhang on April 15, 2023, by technical knockout in the 6th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at Copper Box Arena, London. He was a 1/10 (-830) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had won against Joseph Parker on September 24, 2022, by knockout in the 11th round in their WBO Interim World Heavyweight championship fight at AO Arena, Manchester. He was a 53/100 (-190) favorite going into the ring.

He had beaten Christian Hammer on July 2, 2022, by technical knockout in the 4th round at Wembley Arena, London.

Derek Chisora has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Gerald Washington on August 12, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom. He was a 1/6 (-590) favorite going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had been beaten by Tyson Fury on December 3, 2022, by technical knockout in the 10th round in their WBC World Heavyweight championship fight at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London. He was a 9/1 (+900) underdog going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Kubrat Pulev on July 9, 2022, by split decision in their 12 round contest at O2 Arena, London.

Before that, he had lost to Joseph Parker on December 18, 2021, by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Manchester Arena, Lancashire.

He had been beaten by Joseph Parker on May 1, 2021, by split decision in their 12 round contest at Manchester Arena, Manchester. He was a 47/25 (+190) underdog going into the contest.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Joe Joyce has been fighting more than Derek Chisora.

Joe Joyce last fought 4 months and 11 days ago, while Derek Chisora's last outing was 11 months and 15 days ago.

Joyce's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 25 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 5 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.

Chisora's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 2 months and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 24 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 56 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Joyce vs Chisora Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM BST at O2 Arena, Greenwich, United Kingdom, which is 5:00 PM EST or 2:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Joyce vs Chisora for In-Play Betting?

Joyce vs Chisora will be broadcast on TNT Sports 1 in the UK.

Joyce vs Chisora Odds History

Joyce vs Chisora sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Joyce vs Chisora
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Joyce vs Chisora Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up