May 25 2024
Saturday

First Direct Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom

12 rounds contest
@ Cruiserweight
VS
8-0-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-05-25T20:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

UK - Sat 7:00pm / US - Sat 2:00pm EST

17-1-0

Contest odds

Clarke 1/10 (-1000)
Draw 18/1 (+1800)
Zorro 6/1 (+600)

Chance of winning

86.42% 13.58%
Bovada logo

Bet on Clarke vs Zorro
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

33
Age
31
6' 0" / 182 cm
Height
6' 4" / 193 cm
N/A
Reach
75.2" / 191 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

TKO 4UD 10TKO 5UD 10TKO 2
Form
KO 1UD 10TKO 7PTS 8PTS 3
8
Wins
17
6
By KO
7
75
KO%
41
0
Losses
1
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2022
Debut
2017
40
Pro rounds
71

Current rankings @ Cruiserweight

-
The Ring
-
4
WBA
13
-
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
10
IBF
-

Clarke vs Zorro betting preview

Bookmakers made Cheavon Clarke a massive favorite against Ellis Zorro when they face off in their fight on Saturday 25th May 2024 at First Direct Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom.

He is currently 1/10 (-1000) to win the fight outright, while you can get 6/1 (+600) on Ellis Zorro if you fancy the massive upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 87% chance of Clarke winning while giving Zorro a 13% chance.

Clarke opened as the favorite at 1/8 (-830).

Zorro opened at 5/1 (+500) which has shorten by -2/1 (+50).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Cruiserweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 200 pounds (14 stones or 90.91 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

Clarke vs Zorro Head To Head

Cheavon Clarke steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 8 wins, zero losses, and 0 draws, 6 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Ellis Zorro will make his way to the ring with a record of 17 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 7 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Clarke has a massive power advantage over Zorro, boasting a 75% knockout percentage compared to Zorro's 41%.

Clarke is currently 1/4 (-400) to get the knockout, while Zorro is 16/1 (+1600).

Cheavon Clarke is the older man by 2 years, at 33 years old.

Zorro has a height advantage of 4 inches over Clarke.

Both Cheavon Clarke and Ellis Zorro fight out of an orthodox stance.

Clarke is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 10 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2022, 4 years and 2 months later than Zorro, whose first professional fight was in 2017. He has fought 31 fewer professional rounds, totaling 40 compared to Zorro's 71.

Cheavon Clarke goes into the fight ranked number 4 by the WBA, and 10 by the IBF at cruiserweight.

Ellis Zorro is currently ranked number 13 by the WBA in the 200lb division.

Clarke vs Zorro betting form

Clarke remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Tommy McCarthy on January 27, 2024, by technical knockout in the 4th round at Newforge Sports Complex, Belfast, United Kingdom. He was a 1/6 (-590) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had defeated Vasil Ducar on September 30, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Wembley Arena, Wembley. He was a 1/16 (-1700) favorite going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had beaten David Jamieson on June 10, 2023, by technical knockout in the 5th round at Wembley Arena, Wembley. He was a 1/12 (-1200) favorite going into the fight.

Before that, he had won against Israel Duffus on February 18, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Nottingham Arena, Nottingham.

He had beaten Jose Gregorio Ulrich on November 26, 2022, by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Wembley Arena, Wembley.

Zorro has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he lost to Jai Opetaia on December 23, 2023, by knockout in the 1st round in their The Ring Cruiserweight championship fight at Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was a 12/1 (+1200) underdog going into the ring.

Prior to that, he had defeated Luca D’Ortenzi on October 6, 2023, by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at York Hall, Bethnal Green, United Kingdom. He was a 1/8 (-770) favorite going into the ring.

Going into that contest, he had won against Hosea Burton on May 12, 2023, by technical knockout in the 7th round at York Hall, London. He was a 1/2 (-210) favorite going into the ring.

Before that, he had defeated Dec Spelman on September 16, 2022, by points in the 8th round at York Hall, Bethnal Green.

He had beaten Ricky Reeves on May 14, 2022, by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at Victoria Warehouse, Trafford Road, Lancashire.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Cheavon Clarke has been fighting more than Ellis Zorro.

Cheavon Clarke last fought 3 months and 28 days ago, while Ellis Zorro's last outing was 5 months and 2 days ago.

Clarke's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 5 months and 29 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 3 months and 19 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 31 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.2 rounds on average.

Zorro's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 28 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 29 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 5.8 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Clarke vs Zorro Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 9:00 PM BST at First Direct Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom, which is 4:00 PM EST or 1:00 PM PST on the West Coast of America.

Where Can I Watch Clarke vs Zorro for In-Play Betting?

Clarke vs Zorro will be broadcast on DAZN Global in the UK, while the fight will be broadcast in the United States by ESPN+.

Clarke vs Zorro Odds History

Clarke vs Zorro sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Clarke vs Zorro
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Clarke vs Zorro Betting Markets

Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Clarke
Zorro

Total rounds

Under 3.5
Total rounds 3.5
Over 3.5
Under 4.5
Total rounds 4.5
Over 4.5
Under 5.5
Total rounds 5.5
Over 5.5
Under 6.5
Total rounds 6.5
Over 6.5
Under 7.5
Total rounds 7.5
Over 7.5
Under 8.5
Total rounds 8.5
Over 8.5
Under 9.5
Total rounds 9.5
Over 9.5
Under 10.5
Total rounds 10.5
Over 10.5

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up