Jun 29 2024
Saturday

Footprint Center, Phoenix, United States

12 rounds contest
@ Flyweight
VS
20-1-0

Estimated Ringwalk:

2024-06-30T02:00:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - Sat 9:00pm EST / UK - Sun 2:00am

24-5-1

Contest odds

Edwards 1/4 (-400)
Draw -
Curiel 11/4 (+280)

Chance of winning

75% 25%
Bovada logo

Bet on Edwards vs Curiel
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

The tape

28
Age
25
5' 3" / 160 cm
Height
5' 4" / 163 cm
59.8" / 152 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

RTD 9UD 12UD 12UD 12UD 12
Form
TKO 10KO 2TKO 3TD 10UD 8
20
Wins
24
4
By KO
5
20
KO%
21
1
Losses
5
1
Stopped
1
0
Draws
1
2016
Debut
2016
170
Pro rounds
200

Current rankings @ Flyweight

2
The Ring
-
9
WBA
-
3
WBC
-
-
WBO
-
4
IBF
-

Edwards vs Curiel betting preview

Bookmakers made Sunny Edwards a strong favorite against Adrian Curiel when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 29th June 2024 at Footprint Center, Phoenix, United States.

He is currently 1/4 (-400) to win the clash outright, while you can get 11/4 (+280) on Adrian Curiel if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 75% chance of Edwards winning while giving Curiel a 25% chance.

Edwards opened as the favorite at 2/7 (-340) however, that price has now got wider by -24/25 (+100).

Curiel opened at 11/4 (+280).

The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Flyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 112 pounds (7.84 stones or 50.91 kg) on the day of the weigh-in.

Edwards vs Curiel Head To Head

Sunny Edwards steps into the ring with a record of 20 wins, 1 loss, and 0 draws, 4 of those wins coming by way of knockout.

Adrian Curiel will make his way to the ring with a record of 24 wins, 5 losses and 1 draw, with 5 of those wins by knockout.

The stats suggest Curiel has a slight advantage in power over Edwards, with a 21% knockout percentage compared to Edwards' 20%.

Sunny Edwards is the older man by 3 years, at 28 years old.

Curiel has a height advantage of 1 inch over Edwards.

Both Sunny Edwards and Adrian Curiel fight out of an orthodox stance.

Edwards is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 9 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2016, 6 months later than Curiel, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 30 fewer professional rounds, totaling 170 compared to Curiel's 200.

Sunny Edwards goes into the fight ranked number 9 by the WBA, 3 by the WBC, 4 by the IBF, and 2 by The Ring at flyweight.

Edwards vs Curiel betting form

Sunny Edwards has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez on December 16, 2023, by in the 9th round in their IBF World Flyweight and WBO World Flyweight championship fight at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, United States. He was a 7/4 (+180) underdog going into the contest.

Prior to that, he had beaten Andres Campos on June 10, 2023, by unanimous decision in their IBF World Flyweight championship fight at Wembley Arena, Wembley, United Kingdom. He was a 1/16 (-1700) favorite going into the contest.

Going into that contest, he had won against Felix Alvarado on November 11, 2022, by unanimous decision in their IBF World Flyweight championship fight at Utilita Arena, Sheffield.

Before that, he had beaten Muhammad Waseem on March 19, 2022, by unanimous decision in their IBF World Flyweight championship fight at Duty Free Tennis Stadium, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. He was a 1/20 (-2000) favorite going into the contest.

He had defeated Jayson Mama on December 11, 2021, by unanimous decision in their IBF World Flyweight championship fight at Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai. He was a 29/100 (-340) favorite going into the contest.

Adrian Curiel has stopped 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Sivenathi Nontshinga on February 16, 2024, by technical knockout in the 10th round in their IBF World Junior Flyweight championship fight at Auditorio Guelaguetza, Oaxaca, Mexico. He was a 8/15 (-190) favorite going into the fight.

Prior to that, he had won against Sivenathi Nontshinga on November 4, 2023, by knockout in the 2nd round in their IBF World Junior Flyweight championship fight at Casino de Monte Carlo Salle Medecin, Monte Carlo, Monaco. He was a 5/1 (+500) underdog going into the fight.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Ivan Garcia Carrillo on August 4, 2023, by technical knockout in the 3rd round at Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico.

Before that, he had drawn with Jose Ramirez Armenta on June 17, 2023, by technical draw in their 10 round contest at Mexico City, Distrito Federal.

He had drawn with Arnulfo Salvador Rodriguez on February 24, 2023, by unanimous draw in their 8 round contest at Hermosillo, Sonora.

Who's been more active?

If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Adrian Curiel has been fighting more than Sunny Edwards.

Sunny Edwards last fought 6 months and 13 days ago, while Adrian Curiel's last outing was 4 months and 13 days ago.

Edwards' last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 18 days, which means he has been fighting approximately every 6 months and 5 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 57 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 11.4 rounds on average.

Curiel's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 4 months and 5 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 3 months and 8 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 33 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.6 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Edwards vs Curiel Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST at Footprint Center, Phoenix, United States, which is around 3:00 AM BST in the UK.

Where Can I Watch Edwards vs Curiel for In-Play Betting?

Edwards vs Curiel will be broadcast on DAZN in both the United States and the UK.

Edwards vs Curiel Odds History

Edwards vs Curiel sign up offers

Bovada logo

Bet on Edwards vs Curiel
& Score A $750 Welcome Bonus!

US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs

Bet Now

All Edwards vs Curiel Betting Markets

Join Box.Live, it’s free!

Sign up