Caribe Royale Orlando, Orlando, United States
broadcast start time:
US - Sat 8:00pm EST / UK - Sun 1:00am
Chance of winning
Bet on Hitchins vs Zepeda
& Score A $250 Welcome Bonus!
US Players Welcome | BitCoin Support | Fast, Free Pay Outs
Bookmakers made Richardson Hitchins a big favourite against Jose Zepeda when they meet in their bout on Saturday 23rd September 2023 at Caribe Royale Orlando, Orlando, United States.
He is currently 1/5 (-500) to win the bout outright, while you can get 4/1 (+400) on Jose Zepeda if you fancy the big upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 81% chance of Hitchins winning while giving Zepeda a 19% chance.
Hitchins opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400) however, that price has now got wider by -19/20 (+110).
Zepeda opened at 3/1 (+300) which has shorten by -2/1 (+50).
The fight is scheduled for 10 rounds in the Super Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 140 pounds (9.8 stones or 63.64 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
Hitchins vs Zepeda Head To Head
Richardson Hitchins steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 16 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 7 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.
Jose Zepeda will make his way to the ring with a record of 37 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, with 28 of those wins by knock out.
The stats suggest Zepeda has a massive power advantage over Hitchins, boosting at 76% knock out percentage over Hitchins' 44%.
Hitchins is currently 3/1 (+300) to get the knockout, while Zepeda is 15/2 (+750).
Richardson Hitchins is the younger man by 9 years, at 25 years old.
Hitchins has a height advantage of 2 inches over Zepeda. This also extends to a 4-inch reach advantage.
Richardson Hitchins fights out of the orthodox stance, while Jose Zepeda is a southpaw.
Hitchins is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 24 less fights, and made his debut in 2017, 7 year and 3 months later than Zepeda, whose first professional fight was in 2009. He has fought 86 less professional rounds, 94 to Zepeda's 180.
If you think Zepeda will win on points, you can get odds of 17/2 (+850), while Hitchins is 57/100 (-180) to win on the scorecards.
Richardson Hitchins goes into the fight ranked number 4 by the WBO and 7 by the IBF at super lightweight.
Jose Zepeda is currently ranked number 6 by the WBC, 11 by the WBO and 7 by the RING in the 140lb division.
Hitchins vs Zepeda betting form
Hitchins remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he beat John Bauza on 4th February 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States. He was a 1/10 (-1000) favourite going into the contest.
Previous to that, he had beat Yomar Alamo on 12th November 2022 by technical knockout in the 8th round at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland.
Going into that contest, he had won against Angel Sarinana Rodriguez on 23rd May 2022 by technical knockout in the 4th round at Gila River Arena, Glendale.
Before that, he had beat Malik Hawkins on 18th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Armory, Minnesota. He was a 1/2 (-200) favourite going into the contest.
He had defeated Argenis Mendez on 12th December 2020 by split decision in their 10 round contest at Mohegan Sun Casino, Connecticut.
Zepeda has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.
In his last fight, he won against Neeraj Goyat on 25th March 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Domo Alcalde, Guadalajara, Mexico. He was a 1/33 (-3300) favourite going into the fight.
Previous to that, he had been beaten by Regis Prograis on 26th November 2022 by technical knockout in the 11th round in their WBC World Super Lightweight championship fight at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, United States. He was a 3/1 (+300) underdog going into the fight.
Going into that contest, he had won against Francisco Javier Perez on 19th March 2022 by technical knockout in the 2nd round at Gimnasio Municipal "Jose Neri Santos", Chihuahua, Mexico.
Before that, he had defeated Josue Vargas on 30th October 2021 by technical knockout in the 1st round at Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, United States. He was a 1/1 (+100) underdog going into the fight.
He had beat Henry Lundy on 22nd May 2021 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Nevada.
Who's been more active?
If you think ring rust and activity is a big factor in this fight, Jose Zepeda has been fighting more than Richardson Hitchins.
Richardson Hitchins last fought 7 months and 19 days ago, while Jose Zepeda's last outing was 5 months and 29 days ago.
Hitchins' last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 9 months and 11 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 22 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 42 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.4 rounds on average.
Hitchins is currently 3/1 (+300) to finish this fight in the 8th round, or 57/100 (-180) to win on points.
Zepeda's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 1 day, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 19 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 34 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 6.8 rounds on average.
Zepeda is currently 15/2 (+750) to finish this fight in the 6th round, or +850 (+850) to win on points.
What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Hitchins vs Zepeda Pre Fight?
The fighters are expected to ringwalk at around 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST at Caribe Royale Orlando, Orlando, United States, which is around 4:00 AM BST in the UK.